Tool RPGM MTool: RPGMaker/WolfRPG/TyranoBuilder/SRPGStudio/Kirikiri2/SGB/Bakin/Ren'Py Real-time cheat + one-click machine translation tool

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

brolskis

May 6, 2018
Hey Guys, I'm having an issue with my games & mtool. For the first 5-10 mins everything runs perfectly (VX ACE, MV, MZ, wolf RPG, ...) and I can speed up everything as I like. However, after that, the speedup through mtool causes the whole game and my pc to seemingly freeze for X amount of time. Usually, it is 5-15 seconds and after the freeze, the game is painfully slow. When trying to speedup with mtool after that, it is instantly back to freezing. If I restart the game, the problem is "reset", i.e., 5 minutes of normal stuff.

I'm so used to using the speedup now that games feel incredibly slow without it :LOL:.

Phenomamd

Dec 27, 2017
Hey Guys, I'm having an issue with my games & mtool. For the first 5-10 mins everything runs perfectly (VX ACE, MV, MZ, wolf RPG, ...) and I can speed up everything as I like. However, after that, the speedup through mtool causes the whole game and my pc to seemingly freeze for X amount of time. Usually, it is 5-15 seconds and after the freeze, the game is painfully slow. When trying to speedup with mtool after that, it is instantly back to freezing. If I restart the game, the problem is "reset", i.e., 5 minutes of normal stuff.

I'm so used to using the speedup now that games feel incredibly slow without it :LOL:.
I've had the same issue, unfortunately I have no solution other than simply don't use the speed-up, it's a pain.

Hey lads, based on your experience, how well does this work?
It's a banger, only real issues I've had are:
1) Very frequent updates, so you're constantly updating manually (double edged sword ofc, updates often bring new features/better compatibility)
2) The weird aforementioned crippling of games when you speed them up, probably more game-related than the tool though.

Deleted member 3931217

Jul 15, 2021
So how are some games translated with gpt-4?
wdym how? They pay 100bucks+ to do it. Plz think a bit harder. They translate it with their own tool, own API key and pay it themself. A gpt-4 tier would only make sense to implement if you could translate one single game per month and pay 150+ bucks for it (to the dev of mtool)

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019

I've had the same issue, unfortunately I have no solution other than simply don't use the speed-up, it's a pain.
Someone mentioned that unchecking "Lazy Inject" could restore normal functionality, but I'm not yet certain. This issue is related to the computer environment, and I can't reproduce it.
Unchecking "Lazy Inject" means that "winmm.dll" and "version.dll" will not be written into the game directory.

You guys can give it a try, but I'm not sure if it will be effective.

Komdot

Oct 9, 2021
After the last update, my mtool is disappearing with all the rpgm text, even those that are not translated

DemandoSama

Oct 20, 2019
Someone mentioned that unchecking "Lazy Inject" could restore normal functionality, but I'm not yet certain. This issue is related to the computer environment, and I can't reproduce it.
Unchecking "Lazy Inject" means that "winmm.dll" and "version.dll" will not be written into the game directory.

Hi Dev, any plans on upgrading from GPT-3.5 to GPT-4 in the paid version?

brolskis

May 6, 2018

Tried it today, but did not seem to change anything :(.

As a side note, when I play the exact same game and speed-up on my laptop it works perfectly, aside from some occasional stutter. Does windows 11 (laptop) have some benefit compared to windows 10 (PC)?

Laptop: ryzen 5800H - rtx 3060 - 16 gb ram at 3200
PC: ryzen 5600x - rx 6800 - 32 gb ram at 3600

Last edited:

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Hi Dev, any plans on upgrading from GPT-3.5 to GPT-4 in the paid version?
No, not until ChatGPT4 drops in price dramatically.
Tried it today, but did not seem to change anything :(.

As a side note, when I play the exact same game and speed-up on my laptop it works perfectly, aside from some occasional stutter. Does windows 11 (laptop) have some benefit compared to windows 10 (PC)?

Laptop: ryzen 5800H - rtx 3060 - 16 gb ram at 3200
PC: ryzen 5600x - rx 6800 - 32 gb ram at 3600
Then I'm out of ideas.

Rastafoo

Jun 6, 2018
So long as line breaks remain impossible, there are still many (verbose) games left illegible.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes