hyperk2

Jul 26, 2019
Updated the initial post with an erotic move guide for a handful of aggressor characters. Will probably add more later.

harvercode

Jul 27, 2017
For some reason Vatista is causing crashes when selecting opponents in arcade mode

also why is it only selecting from a select few opponents in arcade?

Reactions: minanoh

Coperic

Jun 1, 2017
At the bottom you'll see this. Swap the position of the ; depending on which mode you want. If the ; is in front of the top row, you will change it to playing as an aggressor mode.
I don't know what the guide is explaining here, I tried putting ";" in front of 'Bottom' but it did nothing. Can you still get erotic moved as the Aggressor? Or am I missing something with the settings here? Here's how it's written.

Code:
 Top = Playing as victim, ;Bottom = Playing as aggressor
arcade.maxmatches = 2,2,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
;arcade.maxmatches = 0,0,0,4,1,3,1,0,0,0

hyperk2

Jul 26, 2019
I don't know what the guide is explaining here, I tried putting ";" in front of 'Bottom' but it did nothing. Can you still get erotic moved as the Aggressor? Or am I missing something with the settings here? Here's how it's written.

Code:
 Top = Playing as victim, ;Bottom = Playing as aggressor
You'll need to edit a file with a text editor. Unfortunately, that's just the nature of MUGEN
By default, the arcade mode will make you face off against 'aggressor' characters. Some of them work both ways, but it's designed so that you pick one of the 'victim' characters up top.
If you want to change it: go in the folder data/MMMD and open select.def with something like notepad++
At the bottom of that file you'll see

Change it to

;arcade.maxmatches = 2,2,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
arcade.maxmatches = 0,0,0,4,1,3,1,0,0,0

And you will have victim characters appear in arcade mode. This is so you can play as one of the aggressors.
Some aggressors work both ways, as a receiver and a giver, but I can't guarantee that. I believe Ryu and the top line Birdie at least can do both.
Hopefully that helps. I can post a pre-eddited version of the file, but make sure to make a backup.

Reactions: Coperic

Coperic

Jun 1, 2017
You'll need to edit a file with a text editor. Unfortunately, that's just the nature of MUGEN
By default, the arcade mode will make you face off against 'aggressor' characters. Some of them work both ways, but it's designed so that you pick one of the 'victim' characters up top.
If you want to change it: go in the folder data/MMMD and open select.def with something like notepad++
At the bottom of that file you'll see

Change it to

;arcade.maxmatches = 2,2,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
arcade.maxmatches = 0,0,0,4,1,3,1,0,0,0

And you will have victim characters appear in arcade mode. This is so you can play as one of the aggressors.
Some aggressors work both ways, as a receiver and a giver, but I can't guarantee that. I believe Ryu and the top line Birdie at least can do both.
Hopefully that helps. I can post a pre-eddited version of the file, but make sure to make a backup.
Originally I thought the guide was saying to put the ; in front of 'Bottom = Playing as aggressor', but now I understand it. Thank you for helping. (y)

hyperk2

Jul 26, 2019
View attachment 3875170
am i not suppsed to open "DoNotUse.exe"? i have no clue what to open
Apologies, the original upload was borked. Please download the patch , overwrite the old files, and try again using the EXE. I'd recommend renaming it since you'll be using it. The mirrors added by the moderator had the old version, so I've unfortunately removed them so that no one downloads the older version.

Rickyross99

Aug 7, 2019
For the minotaur some characters grabs just auto break even in training mode anyone else have this issue? Ive had it fail with tohka, tabasa, and yuzuriha to name a few.

hyperk2

Jul 26, 2019
For the minotaur some characters grabs just auto break even in training mode anyone else have this issue? Ive had it fail with tohka, tabasa, and yuzuriha to name a few.
Assuming it's not because of a low pleasure bar to the right, the opponent's escape bar is saved between each attempt.
So, for example, if you do a harassment attack and the escape gauge almost fills, but the attack ends right before they escape, the next attempt will be escaped from almost immediately because the gauge was almost full from before.
I recommend trying to stun your opponent first and/or use the A button option (punch ect.) to lower their escape gauge.

Yuriski

Dec 26, 2017
Ok, so this is my first time playing Mugen, but are some characters just broken? I tried using both Kuromaru versions in arcade and the battles would never end. It would say "KO" but Kuromaru just keeps raping and I can do nothing to stop.

Whotfisthis

May 30, 2021
First time ever hearing about Mugen. Can I just download the stuff in the OP and play or is there some coding that I gotta fix on my end?

gymogle

Feb 2, 2017
What a mess. Even with the "fix" I have a dozen errors reading empty spaces and that's after I had to manually set the shortcut.

Need a proper fix please or a reup of a working copy.

EDIT: Just read the change log and have deleted the shortcut. Attempting to use the exe now gives me:

Error loading TitleBG
Error loading system data: data/MMMD/system.def

gymogle

Feb 2, 2017
UPDATE:
Main link without the fix works fine for me now. I believe I was trying the original version with the fix after the version changed? Either way no issues. I question if the fix needs to be left up for people with problems or if it causes problems with the newer version.

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes