What do you prefer to play as in arcade mode?

• Total voters

HyperK2

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2019
I noticed that the author responds so I will pose a question.

Is there a function with the game engine to make a Linux friendly port? I am unfamiliar with the Mugen engine and know that it (or the version used) is a bit long in the tooth, so I am unsure, but many game engines have this as an option. As it stands, using applications/tools to play this game work well enough to "use" the game (I say that because it seems options and watch only work on my side. Training seems buggy).

With Microsoft making even more terrible decisions than usual lately, the kind of high end hardware requirements of Windows 11 (10th gen Intel+ and Ryzen 2000+ if I am not mistaken. TPM required and Microsoft recently patched some work arounds), cutoff date for free security updates for Windows 10 and the adaption of Linux gaining Steam (see what I did there?), I feel that having Linux ports should be more of a priority. But maybe I am just being greedy, I dunno.

Sorry for rambling.
So, in order to do that I would probably have to port the game over to the more modern IkemenGo engine. I looked at doing that a little bit before, but I had a few issues. I'm looking into seeing if I can get things working in an acceptable way on that engine. I believe it is natively compatible with Linux. It would also introduce some nice features like VS CPU.
Edit: Not gonna lie, porting to Ikemen is not looking likely at the moment.

Oh so I don't know if people ran into this issue but it seen koromu press is not compatible with some of the victim specifically ruby rose he only summon some hands and then do the pink cloud after that he do some move that will pull them under him which I think supposed to be a h attack but I am unsure and I know he has other moves based on what I seen on its character overview but he doest do them
Kuromaru Press should have at least compatibility with all of those characters for mating press and prone bone. The cowgirl position is not available for all characters. That being said, Ruby should work with both puppet string and the hypnosis gas, I just tested them again right now.

Last edited:

bmazurek17

Nov 28, 2019
Hi, I need some help. I downloaded the recent version of VSelect, but each time I select the system file in Data/MMMD, it keeps saying "Incompatible SFF version". Does anyone have any clue?

HazyFog

Sep 12, 2023
I've been using a vm since I don't have windows but I can't seem to start Mugen.exe, it just opens with a white application screen then closes. Is there anything that I could be missing? I'm using a Windows 11 VM.

Douglaths

Feb 23, 2023
Well, I bit the bullet and got Mugenfutacharsmaker's package.

If anyone (especially OP) wants it, you know what to do.

Edit: Be aware that most of the chars only work with Mugenfutacharsmaker's own version of MUGEN.
Weeks late but if you're still offering I'd appreciate a DM to it aswell

Bobcopper

Nov 17, 2017

Edit: Be aware that most of the chars only work with Mugenfutacharsmaker's own version of MUGEN.
Could I get a dm please and thank you! :)

nightburn12

Jul 7, 2017
How would one customize what characters the arcade pulls? I really dislike the change to only aggressors appearing in arcade mode. Have to play survival to play as the aggressor and still every now and then get gay fights.

HyperK2

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2019
How would one customize what characters the arcade pulls? I really dislike the change to only aggressors appearing in arcade mode. Have to play survival to play as the aggressor and still every now and then get gay fights.
Go into the data/MMMD folder and you'll see this.
Untitled.png
Rename select.def to select_victims.def (or whatever you want), and rename select_aggressors.def to just select.def
That will have only the girls show up in arcade mode.

Reactions: nightburn12

HyperK2

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2019
Worth asking I suppose: how many of the aggressors, if any, can pull double duty as victims?
Quite a few actually; of.. varying degrees of available animations. It would be easier to say who ISN'T compatible.
Brian, Zangief, Vega, Kuro Birdie, Buta, Allosaurus, and Gekkouga. Everyone else should work to some degree.

Reactions: Laughingfox

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Huh. Nice! Long ago when I was dabbling with this thing (Mugen), combing the net for characters, it was fairly obnoxious to find characters that give and take, much less function without graphic errors.

I'll have to give it a look for sure.

Aug 30, 2024

Hello Yuriski, I haven't been able to send a DM to you but I was wondering if I could get a DM from you as well?

Last edited:

HyperK2

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2019
I don't know exactly 100%, but just a fair warning for Mugenfutacharsmaker's characters. From what I saw, they basically only work on a very specific version of Mugen that Mugenfutacharsmaker themself provides. The older versions of their characters should work though.

• Haha
Reactions: Necronlord5

Yuriski

Dec 26, 2017
I don't know exactly 100%, but just a fair warning for Mugenfutacharsmaker's characters. From what I saw, they basically only work on a very specific version of Mugen that Mugenfutacharsmaker themself provides. The older versions of their characters should work though.
They do. And it's not a terribly good version either.

GaoissimoGao

May 24, 2021
I'm getting a lot of reall glitchy behavior out of kuromaru press after applying the patch. He won't grab ladies who are stunned or on the floor for instance.

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes