• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

keeptemo

Mar 10, 2018
I check for messages on sites that I put my game out almost every morning. And I try to answer questions, if there are any, as much as I can. As I said, for some reason this thread got unwatched or something, so I haven't seen any notifications as I checked only the main page of this site. Now I'll keep in mind that it might happen.

Also, I don't exactly see a reason for someone to handle it for me. And I would prefer to talk to the audience myself.
Extremely respectable approach & while I hope you grow and gain a team of your own, perhaps to handle things like this, I still hope you never lose that aspect of being clued in on what the community has to say and addressing it yourself.

Last edited:

acondo

Jul 23, 2020
First time seeing this game. Awesome:giggle:

But, is six months between updates normal in this game? Or there were complications or something?

Devil'sDad

Son of a...
Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
First time seeing this game. Awesome:giggle:

But, is six months between updates normal in this game? Or there were complications or something?
No, but that's how it is right now.

you think thats bad.. just wait.. its gonna be another 6/9 months before its done and its gonna be 20 mins of a game
Normally I wouldn't answer this, but I think I should, so..

But first of all, if you like the game, then your sarcasm not helping me to see that you want to play it and not motivating me towards it either :)

If you don't like the game or the long update time when why you're here?

About the update itself, I hope to release this update at least next month, and hopefully, a full playthrough of it will be around 2h. But don't believe me, you don't want to do that. You wouldn't enjoy the update with such an attitude anyway, so why bother?

sangsung

Oct 14, 2017
While it was just percentages, I wanted to update it less, but with more numbers, now it will force me to update it more frequently.
My man! I don't know if you are struggling with the rendering itself (the computing process) alot but maybe a friend can help you there. I'm a Software Developer with a "little" computing power at my hands, so if you would consider to outsource some of the stuff i would be glad to give my machine a little work to do ;). If thats not the case: i am really sorry! Everything else would be just programming/coding knowledge but i guess you have plenty of that yourself.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
On the other hand, if you want to help me to have better touch with the people about the progress, you can always suggest something.
I made a detailed suggestion but it was deleted from the thread. So given that attitude, I am going to stop looking at this project entirely. For all the talk that act alone makes it clear where things lie.

Reactions: MrDisappointing
Sep 26, 2020
I made a detailed suggestion but it was deleted from the thread. So given that attitude, I am going to stop looking at this project entirely. For all the talk that act alone makes it clear where things lie.
As did I, but apparently it was off-topic. I was just trying to help.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
As did I, but apparently it was off-topic. I was just trying to help.
Don't waste your time. It is clear that our help is neither requested nor required and that all that speech were just overtures designed to act as smoke and mirrors to deceive us. I am putting this thread on ignore from now on. I thought unwatching did that but apparently not.

Devil'sDad

Son of a...
Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
What can I say, thank god if you will stop being here. :)

Except that you inflate the drama out of thin air and giving me anxiety, I haven't seen any useful information from the dialogue that has been cleared by mods.

If you wanted to do something positive for the game you would, for example, be in my community, but you're not. So it doesn't matter to you in the end.

So I will be glad if you could stop whining about a game that is FREE at the end of the day. And let me work peacefully, for others who want to enjoy the game.

And anticipating the answer, that some people just like to watch something burn. As much as I would like to be connected to the audience, I value my nervous system. So I probably won't check this site so often before I release the update. Thanks to everyone who is still supporting me.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020
What can I say, thank god if you will stop being here. :)

Except that you inflate the drama out of thin air and giving me anxiety, I haven't seen any useful information from the dialogue that has been cleared by mods.

If you wanted to do something positive for the game you would, for example, be in my community, but you're not. So it doesn't matter to you in the end.

So I will be glad if you could stop whining about a game that is FREE at the end of the day. And let me work peacefully, for others who want to enjoy the game.

And anticipating the answer, that some people just like to watch something burn. As much as I would like to be connected to the audience, I value my nervous system. So I probably won't check this site so often before I release the update. Thanks to everyone who is still supporting me.
I don't understand why you are being so aggressive...this other person might have been rude, but not in their original post (that was deleted). We both tried to suggest something, and while I tried to be friendly about it (I don't think his was rude, I just don't know his intentions), I'm sorry if it came off as rude :(. Hell, I defended you and told people to stop being so aggressive when waiting for an update and I tried to be as positive as possible. I love this game and I want it succeed, but unfortunately I have neither the money nor the time to really help with that, so I tried my best to give a suggestion in order to help. I'm not going to up and leave from this game because you didn't like my suggestion, but it saddens me that you treat it with such hostility. You statement at the end completely proves both of our points as well, but I won't push on that. I really love this game, and I only wanted to help, sorry if I ended up annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devil'sDad

Devil'sDad

Son of a...
Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
I don't understand why you are being so aggressive...this other person might have been rude, but not in their original post (that was deleted). We both tried to suggest something, and while I tried to be friendly about it (I don't think his was rude, I just don't know his intentions), I'm sorry if it came off as rude :(. Hell, I defended you and told people to stop being so aggressive when waiting for an update and I tried to be as positive as possible. I love this game and I want it succeed, but unfortunately I have neither the money nor the time to really help with that, so I tried my best to give a suggestion in order to help. I'm not going to up and leave from this game because you didn't like my suggestion, but it saddens me that you treat it with such hostility. You statement at the end completely proves both of our points as well, but I won't push on that. I really love this game, and I only wanted to help, sorry if I ended up annoying.
My message wasn't pointed at you, and I haven't even seen you talking before here honestly. So I don't have anything against you. I appreciate every support I can get and every good suggestion. But this situation got out of hand, people are creating drama and flaming without taking anything into consideration.

My point was that if that guy or someone else doesn't like the situation or the game, then there is no point for them to be here. As I said, I haven't seen anything constructive in what was deleted by mods. Only spread of hate and drama.

If you like the game I will deliver the update sooner or later, that's what I'm working on for so long. I want the quality of it to be high.

And I'm sorry if I came off as rude to you. It's hard to be friendly when my hands are shaking from what people are writing here. I'm glad that you enjoy my game and I would like to hear your suggestion or any other that has a mind to it.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
Why do you blame the dev of the game though? they have zero control over the thread beyond editing the op.

It's a well known fact that the mods are the only ones who have the final say in when someone broke the rules, with many game devs having to deal with the nonsense people say about their game. Whether helpful or hateful, the game devs have zero control over that.

The only "special" power a game dev has on this site, is the little title they get. Beyond that, they have the same power as you or I when it comes to wanting someone post to be deleted, which mean using the report bottom and seeing what the mods think.

Sep 26, 2020
My message wasn't pointed at you, and I haven't even seen you talking before here honestly. So I don't have anything against you. I appreciate every support I can get and every good suggestion. But this situation got out of hand, people are creating drama and flaming without taking anything into consideration.

My point was that if that guy or someone else doesn't like the situation or the game, then there is no point for them to be here. As I said, I haven't seen anything constructive in what was deleted by mods. Only spread of hate and drama.

If you like the game I will deliver the update sooner or later, that's what I'm working on for so long. I want the quality of it to be high.

And I'm sorry if I came off as rude to you. It's hard to be friendly when my hands are shaking from what people are writing here. I'm glad that you enjoy my game and I would like to hear your suggestion or any other that has a mind to it.
I'm actually not surprised you didn't see my message now that I think about, it was up for at most an hour or two, I'm not entirely sure why I assumed it was directed at me in retrospect. My suggestion was to get a community manager for F95 Zone, or at least someone to filter out stuff that you don't need here. It probably wouldn't be a paying job, just someone to DM you on Discord (or whatever platform) whenever someone has a question or a bug report or a suggestion or something like that. This site is hell for developers who don't do things exactly as everyone wants (which is impossible), and it just causes unnecessary damage. My recommendation to any dev that has a game on here is to avoid their own game's thread like the plague and have someone else be responsible for ferrying information. I know it would add a disconnect, which is often something devs want to avoid, but it would save you from a lot of heartache that it is obviously causing you. In most cases I wouldn't suggest this because it's not really any of my business, but it seems to be really effecting you. I'm only talking about F95 Zone obviously, people are probably(?) way friendlier elsewhere like Patreon and Discord, if you have one. Good luck with your game!

Devil'sDad

Son of a...
Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
I'm actually not surprised you didn't see my message now that I think about, it was up for at most an hour or two, I'm not entirely sure why I assumed it was directed at me in retrospect. My suggestion was to get a community manager for F95 Zone, or at least someone to filter out stuff that you don't need here. It probably wouldn't be a paying job, just someone to DM you on Discord (or whatever platform) whenever someone has a question or a bug report or a suggestion or something like that. This site is hell for developers who don't do things exactly as everyone wants (which is impossible), and it just causes unnecessary damage. My recommendation to any dev that has a game on here is to avoid their own game's thread like the plague and have someone else be responsible for ferrying information. I know it would add a disconnect, which is often something devs want to avoid, but it would save you from a lot of heartache that it is obviously causing you. In most cases I wouldn't suggest this because it's not really any of my business, but it seems to be really effecting you. I'm only talking about F95 Zone obviously, people are probably(?) way friendlier elsewhere like Patreon and Discord, if you have one. Good luck with your game!
You can't imagine how unexpectedly heartwarming it was to read.

For the actual suggestion, I'm pretty much considering this right now. But thank you anyway. ^^

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes