micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Don't be so sarcastic. There are devs who pull out 1000+ renders per update monthly, which is 300+ renders per week, so what I said is not so strange.
The number of devs that do that are extremely, extremely few and far between. Just because a handful of outliers exist doesnt mean it should be expected as the norm. The machine (s) to do that kind of render farm is extremely expensive to not just put out 11 pixel renders.

starbright2

Apr 9, 2022
The number of devs that do that are extremely, extremely few and far between. Just because a handful of outliers exist doesnt mean it should be expected as the norm. The machine (s) to do that kind of render farm is extremely expensive to not just put out 11 pixel renders.
You're talking to an inactive Dev. Would you agree that SubscribeStar/Patreon and crew could and should move financial rewards to the end of finished projects, rather than in tandem with them? Perhaps a monthly diminishment of returns regardless of pledges would be advisable for a certain sector of creators? Some people need deadlines just to get out of bed.

Last edited:

PtsZts

Jan 22, 2024
Personally, I wouldn't mind at all waiting way longer between updates if that means they have more content.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
You're talking to an inactive Dev. Would you agree that SubscribeStar/Patreon and crew could and should move financial rewards to the end of finished projects, rather than in tandem with them? Perhaps a monthly diminishment of returns regardless of pledges would be advisable for a certain sector of creators? Some people need deadlines just to get out of bed.
I mean, that is a completely different argument. I am very on record on f95 and probably have dozens of posts now about how much I hate the Patreon model for "indie" devs. More than willing to spend 15-20 bucks on major releases for games that come out like a normal indie dev, or from devs who have proven to stick to outlines and finish projects, but just not going to finance someone's hobby for them to bail on projects or completely change the direction of a game.

If people are cool with giving money to someone without any guarantee of a return at the end, more power to them. Its just not for me.

3.80 star(s) 117 Votes