• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
its a bathing sceens they count as new bookmark
Hopefully that should help me figure it out, I'll post a quick fix as soon as it's ready if I do manage to solve it

Edit: I figured out what the issue is and I have solved it, the solution will be in a new post soon. (I can confirm that you didn't miss any scenes in the episode though)

Last edited:

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
What causes the bell sound to chime during the game and interacting with the girls?

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
What causes the bell sound to chime during the game and interacting with the girls?
As far as I'm aware, the bell sound is there to notify you when you can swap to one of the girls, I can't say for sure if it's used for anything else though.

girlfairdev

Mar 15, 2020
That's an alarm to let you know there's a decision to be made on the girl's behalf, click on the girl's icon upper left to make it. If you do not, she makes the decision (not in your favor) on her own.

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
I have just created a patch to fix the bookmark overflow issue in S2 - episode 7. There are 2 versions, the first one is to fix the base game, and the second one (the one with _gallery in the name) is for people who are using my gallery un-locker.

install either into the game folder, load the game and:

if you skipped any or all of episode 6 - save at the start of episode 7. Once you have done that, simply reload the same save file.
Otherwise, just carry on playing normally from episode 6.

If you use the gallery version, be sure to delete the "zzday_reset_overirde.rpyc" file from the gallery unlock mod first since they will conflict.

Last edited:

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Is there some sort of hint guide for Episode 3? Just started Season 2 and I'm a bit stuck. I can't seem to get April or June's favor up to walk into the bathroom when spying on them, they kick the MC out. Sam and Anett are ok.

I don't seem to get the option to help anyone with classes either. Do I kjust have to cycle through all options for all 4 women until the "no episode 3 content remains" to move on to ep 4?

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
Do I kjust have to cycle through all options for all 4 women until the "no episode 3 content remains" to move on to ep 4?
Unfortunately that pretty much sums the game up, you just have to keep making choices at random and hope for the best. I'm working on a walkthrough mod for it, but unfortunately I'm at the very start of episode 3 and it will take quite a while until it's ready.

The closest thing there is to a guide for now is, when it shows you the girls character icons in the bottom right corner click on them and ask the questions available.

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Ok thanks. I found all 4 secrets but cant seem to mention to Sam that hers is known. Not sure if thats thelast trigger needed or not, unles something wityh the pool game is needed

BlackMage69

Apr 1, 2019
Apparently the game still has some serious bugs making it unplayable. We're talking the game crashes to the desktop serious.

Started a new game with 2 Ep 7.00 and got this almost immediately:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/april_progress.rpy", line 201, in <module>
NameError: name 'april_robe' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "episode_1.rpyc", line 435, in script call
File "april_progress.rpyc", line 201, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1852, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
My Best Friend’s Daughter season 2 7.00
Sun Jul 9 16:05:48 2023

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
Apparently the game still has some serious bugs making it unplayable. We're talking the game crashes to the desktop serious.

Started a new game with 2 Ep 7.00 and got this almost immediately:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "episode_1.rpyc", line 435, in script call
File "april_progress.rpyc", line 201, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1852, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
My Best Friend’s Daughter season 2 7.00
Sun Jul 9 16:05:48 2023
I know, I found a LOT of problems in episode 2 alone, luckily enough though, not anything else completely game breaking as far as I remember, but this post should fix that problem for you.

Last edited:

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
From what I can tell Ep.7 has like 34/16 moments to find.
Most of them are in the Shower and more like a bonus and not needed to progress the episode to the end screen.

On discord, you can read, that Ep.7 is most likely not the end and that there will be an S3 in the future.

But the priority atm. seams to be the new title with a new engine: "My Early Life".

Last edited:

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
From what I can tell Ep.7 has like 34/16 moments to find.
Most of them are in the Shower and more like a bonus and not needed to progress the episode to the end screen.

On discord, you can read, that Ep.7 is most likely not the end and that there will be an S3 in the future.

But the priority atm. seams to be the new title with a new engine: "My Early Life".
There are only 16 as the game says, all the rest are repeats of episode 6 events, and the counter keeps going up because the dev, for whatever stupid reason, decided to reset the episode 6 variables when moving on to episode 7. I created a patch to fix it a few posts up.

Last edited:

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
There are only 16 as the game says, all the rest are repeats of episode 6 events, and the counter keeps going up because the dev decided to reset the episode 6 variables when moving on to episode 7. I created a patch to fix it a few posts up.
Well, I`m not the Dev. so I can`t speak for him or his intentions/decisions.
My Post was aimed at everyone who is playing the game without patches and wondering how far the counter goes.

Credits to you, if you are trying to "improve" the game I personally am not a fan of mods or third-party patches that's all.

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
Well, I`m not the Dev. so I can`t speak for him or his intentions/decisions.
My Post was aimed at everyone who is playing the game without patches and wondering how far the counter goes.

Credits to you, if you are trying to "improve" the game I personally am not a fan of mods or third-party patches that's all.
To be completely honest, neither am I. I strongly believe that a game should work perfectly, fresh out of the box. Unfortunately in some cases, especially with this series of games, it becomes essential to use mods/patches to make the game playable.

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
To be completely honest, neither am I. I strongly believe that a game should work perfectly, fresh out of the box. Unfortunately in some cases, especially with this series of games, it becomes essential to use mods/patches to make the game playable.
Not really, speaking for myself I never needed a Walkthrough or unofficial Mod/Patch for any of Celaviegroup games, not even for "Room for Rent".
I think if you get used to those tools, you get used to them and unlearn how to play the game without them or how the game was meant to be played. Nah, that's pretty much the same for me like those "unlock the gallery feature, pretty much nonsense and rob the game of all difficulty, or better saying skip the challenge and go right to the end/reward...

But newsflash: without a real struggle the reward loses much of its original taste, at least in my eyes.

So for Ep.7 that means for me, I try to find all the pieces, otherwise the Ep. is way too short anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: dandy1

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
Not really, speaking for myself I never needed a Walkthrough or Mod/Patch for any of Celaviegroup games, not even for "Room for Rent".
I think if you get used to those tools, you get used to them and unlearn how to play the game without them or how the game was meant to be played. Nah, that's pretty much the same for me like those "unlock the gallery feature, pretty much nonsense and rob the game of all difficulty, or better saying skip the challenge and go right to the end/reward...

But newsflash: without a real struggle the reward loses much of its original taste, at least in my eyes.

So for Ep.7 that means for me, I try to find all the pieces, otherwise the Ep. is way too short anyways.
I can honestly say that I have personally gone through ALL of the code for most of the Celaviegroup games, as well as thorough testing for my Bug-Fix/Walkthrough mods, and I can confirm that it is IMPOSSIBLE to progress at certain points in each of them without using a patch to fix the events that can't trigger because of coding issues, unless you're using the "Skip to episode" function and skipping huge chunks of the games (Why do you think that function exists in the first place?).

I agree with you about things like unlocking the gallery and any other 'cheat' mods, I'd never use them myself and this is also the reason I design the walkthrough mods so that all features are optional, so that you can customize the level of help the mod actually gives you. Some people like using gallery un-lockers and cheat mods though, and that's why I'm happy to create them.

Last edited:
2.50 star(s) 92 Votes