BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
I can honestly say that I have personally gone through ALL of the code for most of the Celaviegroup games, as well as thorough testing for my Bug-Fix/Walkthrough mods, and I can confirm that it is IMPOSSIBLE to progress at certain points in each of them without using a patch to fix the events that can't trigger because of coding issues, unless you're using the "Skip to episode" function and skipping huge chunks of the games (Why do you think that function exists in the first place?).

I agree with you about things like unlocking the gallery and any other 'cheat' mods, I'd never use them myself and this is also the reason I design the walkthrough mods so that all features are optional, so that you can customize the level of help the mod actually gives you. Some people like using gallery un-lockers and cheat mods though, and that's why I'm happy to create them.
Glad to hear that I made the impossible, possible then^^

On a serious note, you might speak of an alpha version of the game sure that can happen. Won`t say all is perfect.

But still, no real need for mods or patches from a third party.
You only have to wait maybe 2 or 3 weeks after the first release for an official patch, it's a very small team after all.

Your state: "I can confirm that it is IMPOSSIBLE to progress at certain points in each of them without using a patch to fix the events that can't trigger because of coding issues, unless you're using the "Skip to episode" function and skipping huge chunks of the games"

Is pretty unbelievable for me, since I can only remember one or two episodes where I had to wait for a game-breaking bug to get fixed. In ALL of his Games and episodes.

If your claim would be real, I think the Dev. had no support any longer and the demand for your patches would be all over the place - can`t see that actually. In fact, the Team seams more successful than ever, even bringing out a much more complex game/code. I doubt they would/could do that under your conditions.

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
Glad to hear that I made the impossible, possible then^^

On a serious note, you might speak of an alpha version of the game sure that can happen. Won`t say all is perfect.

But still, no real need for mods or patches from a third party.
You only have to wait maybe 2 or 3 weeks after the first release for an official patch, it's a very small team after all.

Your state: "I can confirm that it is IMPOSSIBLE to progress at certain points in each of them without using a patch to fix the events that can't trigger because of coding issues, unless you're using the "Skip to episode" function and skipping huge chunks of the games"

Is pretty unbelievable for me, since I can only remember one or two episodes where I had to wait for a game-breaking bug to get fixed. In ALL of his Games and episodes.

If your claim would be real, I think the Dev. had no support any longer and the demand for your patches would be all over the place - can`t see that actually. In fact, the Team seams more successful than ever, even bringing out a much more complex game/code. I doubt they would/could do that under your conditions.
I'm not talking about the alpha versions of games, I'm talking about the 'complete' versions of "My First Love" and season 1 of "My Best Friends Daughter". For a list of the issues I fixed in Season 1, see the changelog of my WT mod Here, and here is a list of the fixes I have had to make so far, for season 2 issues, for EPISODES 1 & 2 ALONE.

And if you don't believe me about the bugs in My First Love, read through the thread.

Last edited:

Marble

Jun 20, 2017
Well that was the most disappointing series from this guy. Get to the main event and then leave after 1 fling each.
Ikr, this was his best game by far and I actually started supporting him because finally he was heading in the right direction with how his games work and how good the girls looked and it just ends like this which will also end my support.

ayy

Sep 14, 2016
Ikr, this was his best game by far and I actually started supporting him because finally he was heading in the right direction with how his games work and how good the girls looked and it just ends like this which will also end my support.
Hard disagree. His best game by far was MBFD S1. I haven't played the most recent update, but playing through Ep 6 made me kinda upset because it just felt like he rendered a scene and then prolonged the game by making every significant render of the scene an "event" for the counter.

I actually really enjoyed being able to take control of the girls, and also was upset about the exclusion of it in the later updates.

Celaviegroup Bob have you considered refreshing your playtest and advisory team? I feel like ideas can become stale overtime. I love the core concept of your games, but I feel like execution is where things can be better. I don't think you needed to overhaul your game engine for this game. Your models are beautiful, and people play your games because Bob is an unabashed groomer, and there aren't many games that let you have that sort of playstyle. My personal enjoyment came from finding and discovering new events with the girls in the game as they slowly devolve into the slutty minxes we all love. Perhaps a walkthrough type implement where you can highlight textboxes for event chains which can be turned on or off in the preference menu on RenPy, for example?

It doesn't need to be overly complicated. Your games are linear for the most part, and don't have too many forks in the storyline, so I feel like you can do well with plotting out the story then just injecting the scene progression the way you see fit. This way you everyone is happy - people who want the grindy challenge, as well as people who just want to see some hot young women.

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
I'm not talking about the alpha versions of games, I'm talking about the 'complete' versions of "My First Love" and season 1 of "My Best Friends Daughter". For a list of the issues I fixed in Season 1, see the changelog of my WT mod Here, and here is a list of the fixes I have had to make so far, for season 2 issues, for EPISODES 1 & 2 ALONE.

And if you don't believe me about the bugs in My First Love, read through the thread.

Speaking from my own personal experience with the game I DON'T :mad: want to remember an event in ep 7 or 8 (I don't remember well) that even though it was executed and with the right to be viewed in the gallery, it didn't count and so I didn't change the episode. I was forced to jump in manual mode. Game ? MBFD...V15.4 (and already finalized). Something similar happened also RFR V16.0 (ditto)

Last edited:

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Speaking from my own personal experience with the game I DON'T :mad: want to remember an event in ep 7 or 8 (I don't remember well) that even though it was executed and with the right to be viewed in the gallery, it didn't count and so I didn't change the episode. I was forced to jump in manual mode. Game ? MBFD...V15.4 (and already finalized). Something similar happened also RFR V16.0 (ditto)
Not to dredge up bad memories, but what was the event you wanted to forget?

shawnnation

Oct 19, 2020
I have just finished a gallery unlock mod for both the complete version of season 1, and episode 7 version of season 2 as requested by shawnnation.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For season 1, it will simply unlock all the images in the built in gallery.

For season 2, you will have to go to bed at least once during episode 3 or later for the icon to show in the top right corner.

Both files are below, as usual, after extracting the zip files, merge the 'game' folder with your own.
For some reason I wasnt notified even though you tagged me, luckily I went to this page to see if anyone added a gallery, nice one!

Reactions: dblck2k21

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
Where is the in built gallery, your mod has worked for me with s2 but cant see how with s1
If I recall correctly, you can find it in the toolbox in the top left corner of the screen, and if you're using the walkthrough, there is a button for it in the walkthroughs main screen.

shawnnation

Oct 19, 2020
If I recall correctly, you can find it in the toolbox in the top left corner of the screen, and if you're using the walkthrough, there is a button for it in the walkthroughs main screen.
Thanks but i already looked there and went through all of the options and i didnt see an option for a gallery

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
Thanks but i already looked there and went through all of the options and i didnt see an option for a gallery
I'm sorry it took so long, I made more changes to the scripts than I remembered and it started causing problems as soon as i changed anything. Here is a version to be used without the walkthrough mod. I can't promise you won't have problems (It worked exactly as intended with the walkthrough installed at least), but if you do have any problems, you will find out as soon as you try to use the gallery, and if so, let me know and I'll fix them.

Last edited:
Reactions: shawnnation

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
Not to dredge up bad memories, but what was the event you wanted to forget?

An event with Bob and Julia on the boardwalk. In the gallery it was released but not in the count.
I tried from scratch several times without success and finally, irritated, I jumped to the next ep. The bad thing about this mode is that the weekly chronological sequence is broken as well as the identified days.
In RFR it was an event in the office. And in the laundry room destroying underwear,

sreenbleeder404

Jun 2, 2020
To everyone who's interested, I have just uploaded the final version of the walkthrough/bug-fix mod for season 1 in its original post Here, and I will be making a start on season 2 tomorrow.
Hey dude, I noticed that for Season 1 start of Ep 9 the Cheat Menu is gone? Is that supposed to be gone or did I fuck something up?

sreenbleeder404

Jun 2, 2020

Speaking of Season 1 and Bugs, In the earlier episodes I have encountered numnerous bugs and Error messages related to Dissolve function or object not being found or something similar, I saved before, ignored it and it went through, it results in some artifects with certain scenes, But I guess it's not too bad, I figured it might justr be about transitions betwween renders or whatever. Seen the error about 8 or 10 diferent times now. (Might be a case of Upper and Lowercase, since Python is very sensitive about that.)

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
Hey dude, I noticed that for Season 1 start of Ep 9 the Cheat Menu is gone? Is that supposed to be gone or did I fuck something up?
That's the way it's meant to be. I removed it because there wasn't any point keeping it since, at that point in the game all stats are useless.

I have encountered numnerous bugs and Error messages related to Dissolve function or object not being found or something similar
I never came across this problem myself. Could you post the error message so that I can try and see what causes it?

2.50 star(s) 92 Votes