RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Good update.
I don't understand why the MC and Julia cared how the other 2 girls got their trip. And why would the company fly all the girls to the island, have a photo shoot then fly them out?
Seems it would make more sense if the company would have picked winners from the applicants and then sent them to the island for the shoot.

Reactions: Denny12345

petervenkman

Apr 6, 2021
I do not have any files having any relation to this game in my AppData file. I have followed the instructions provided, they dead end. I do not know what is different about my system and its formatting but the clearly provided path for locating the file does not lead to anything for me.

When the problem first showed up in version 5 i deleted every file i had and cleared the trash bin before re downloading and installing the game. It auto loaded my old saves from that damn persistent file that i cant locate, which i then deleted from the save file and replaced with a known safe file provided by another user. The problem persisted.

Perhaps the game has been patched since then. I will try doing a full wipe again and downloading version 7. But without a fix for the ghost directory leading to the persistent files, i don't have much faith in it fixing things.
Appdata>Roaming>Renpy duplicates of saves & the persistant file is there

V1sibleDarkn3ss

Jun 6, 2017
Just played Episode 8. Little tedious to get all of the bookmarkers but without a doubt enjoyable. Looking forward to where it goes from this point.

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
I do not have any files having any relation to this game in my AppData file. I have followed the instructions provided, they dead end. I do not know what is different about my system and its formatting but the clearly provided path for locating the file does not lead to anything for me.

When the problem first showed up in version 5 i deleted every file i had and cleared the trash bin before re downloading and installing the game. It auto loaded my old saves from that damn persistent file that i cant locate, which i then deleted from the save file and replaced with a known safe file provided by another user. The problem persisted.

Perhaps the game has been patched since then. I will try doing a full wipe again and downloading version 7. But without a fix for the ghost directory leading to the persistent files, i don't have much faith in it fixing things.
Here is the persistent file that you couldn't find.
Screenshot_66.png

Reactions: Alegor

Masterjaxx

Nov 30, 2017
Here is the persistent file that you couldn't find.
View attachment 1188705
And i am telling you that i do not have a RenPy file in my Roaming file.

The instructions provided were very clear and easy to follow.

I do not have a RenPy file in my Roaming file.

Is it possible that this is an OS version problem? I am still using Windows 7, it expired a while back but it still runs fine and i still use it because i can't afford to replace my system with something newer when it still works.

Is it possible that the newer version of windows has a different way of storing data and that this is why this file does not exist in the location you are insist it does?

mikl

May 16, 2017

Is it possible that this is an OS version problem? I am still using Windows 7, it expired a while back but it still runs fine and i still use it because i can't afford to replace my system with something newer when it still works.

Is it possible that the newer version of windows has a different way of storing data and that this is why this file does not exist in the location you are insist it does?
I have the same thing. Episode 7.02 public release. Снимок.JPG

Sunny29

Jun 3, 2018
Can anyone share saved files per episode? I am stuck at episode 4, doesn't seems to be any way to get past. And from the reviews it seems like I'll have to start allover from episode 2. This is what I hated about the first part. It's this useless grinding. If there is only one perfect route then it should be obvious where to go what to do. I did save around episode 2 but I just don't want ot play another 3 hours to get to episode 4. Please help!!

Reactions: Olorun95

Olorun95

May 10, 2021
Can anyone share saved files per episode? I am stuck at episode 4, doesn't seems to be any way to get past. And from the reviews it seems like I'll have to start allover from episode 2. This is what I hated about the first part. It's this useless grinding. If there is only one perfect route then it should be obvious where to go what to do. I did save around episode 2 but I just don't want ot play another 3 hours to get to episode 4. Please help!!
hey can you share me your save files? i m stuck on episode 2 52/74

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
I have answered that several times - yes - but as mentioned there are many years between - this is a story about our MC - the story will drop back to new time and continue from that moment. I can't say when it will happen
I have a suggestion :) when RFR restarts you could have Julia come and stay at the harem house :)

Last edited:

scarfer

Nov 4, 2017

Well, I don't know what the file tag would be for it. In Win 10 it says persistent without anything else (everything else in the correct directory all have .save, but this doesn't), and it calls it a 'file'. A search of c: within windows explorer didn't find a persistent.file, but does find several matches for persistent without a tag.

That kind of search should be possible in Win 7 also.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Good update.
I don't understand why the MC and Julia cared how the other 2 girls got their trip. And why would the company fly all the girls to the island, have a photo shoot then fly them out?
Seems it would make more sense if the company would have picked winners from the applicants and then sent them to the island for the shoot.
Great - at least someone that cares about the story - if you have played Room for Rent you'll know that nothing is as it seems to be...

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
One of the things I find innovative about this game is how it is designed to use a very limited area. By trapping the game on 2 tiny islands the characters are forced to interact with each other more than they might had this story taken place in a much bigger resort. Anyone new to the islands are immediately noticed by the characters.

2.50 star(s) 92 Votes