Ren'Py Completed My Best Friend's Family [v1.01] [Iceridlah Games]

3.60 star(s) 21 Votes

Decode

Aug 25, 2017
The sample pictures look very... jpeg

just sayin :test:
Agree with u there man...its low resolution, well look at the size of the game its only 31 mbs
Hope he release a higher resolution one tho
Love his previous game, hope this one is better :heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:

Troll

Apr 22, 2017
hmm think ill wait for it to grow in size ... maybe like 10x atleast :)

Attal

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to start by saying that we all remember this dev from his previous work but let's be honest, how many of us still remember it?
I mean, the final release was like a week ago and the game had a total release cycle of three or four months, not like there's been a lot of time to forget.

Not much here yet, but I've high hopes for the future.

h3avenw0rd

Jun 7, 2017
UI needs work, not feeling the whole blank spaces and weird layout of the options in the bottom right, sometimes default layout works just fine without messing with it (or just stack them vertically, there's enough space).
Not a huge fan of how the speaker portraits are atm, feels like it's implying nudity when the characters are still clothed, so it's a bit jarring. Either focus in so it's literally just their face so it doesn't show neck down (thus applicable to all scenes regardless of clothing) or apply the current clothing in the portraits (so much more work...).

Hoping this game works out, not quite feeling the dual protagonists atm. I find dual protagonists games to have issues with choices not affecting the other and becomes super linear, so hoping this doesn't fall in that category.

Oblivion90

Jul 18, 2017
UI is wy to big, I want Natalie to have a bush on a vag. Why does dev block reading comments on his pateron page?

Makaikishi

Sep 26, 2016
His first game was nice and this one seems promissing as well, the renders are decent so i'll keep an eye here too.

tossler

Jul 1, 2017
I have no idea how people are using this 7z archive. AnyToISO gives me the same error in both the Mac and Windows versions: "Error -2147467263 occured when unpacking 7z file." The resulting Mac game will not load at all, and the PC version has nothing but "exceptions" occurring and won't progress past the main menu.

TiranoSupremo

Jul 27, 2017
I have no idea how people are using this 7z archive. AnyToISO gives me the same error in both the Mac and Windows versions: "Error -2147467263 occured when unpacking 7z file." The resulting Mac game will not load at all, and the PC version has nothing but "exceptions" occurring and won't progress past the main menu.
eehmm.... you need extract the file with 7zip or similar [ ] and then Run "My_Best_Friends_Family.exe".

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Next time you have similar questions, just do . Usually it helps and much faster than waiting an answer from the forum members.

You're welcome, btw :test:

tossler

Jul 1, 2017
eehmm.... you need extract the file with 7zip or similar [ ] and then Run "My_Best_Friends_Family.exe".
As I said in my post, I use AnyToISO. 7zip doesn't run on a Mac. AnyToISO works on every .7z archive, except this one, for some reason.

The problem is in the extraction. I can run the .exe file (using Wine), but it is corrupt.

Next time you have similar questions, just do . Usually it helps and much faster than waiting an answer from the forum members.

You're welcome, btw :test:
Snark from 2003 never loses its hilarity.

TiranoSupremo

Jul 27, 2017
As I said in my post, I use AnyToISO. 7zip doesn't run on a Mac. AnyToISO works on every .7z archive, except this one, for some reason.

The problem is in the extraction. I can run the .exe file (using Wine), but it is corrupt.
I just download/extracted the 2 versions from Zipshare and i dont have any problem with them, i can run the win version normally. I dont have any background on MAC systems, but on the 7zip page they recomend for MAC.
Welp, Good Luck.

Reactions: tossler

tossler

Jul 1, 2017
I just download/extracted the 2 versions from Zipshare and i dont have any problem with them, i can run the win version normally. I dont have any background on MAC systems, but on the 7zip page they recomend for MAC.
Welp, Good Luck.
Thanks for that! Keka worked like a charm.

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
svscomics:
My Best Friend's Family Version 0.02 Win/Mac+Walkthrough by Iceridlah Games

Reactions: Satiro

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Thanks to an anonymous donor, I was able to update the game!
Note... The extras is like a patch that can be added in. Let us know if it works for mac.

Reactions: Jansen
U

User_10739

This is getting too weird, playing as 4 or 5 people with virtually no control over who wants to do who... I really just want to play as Tom.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
maybe because they are using the right program to decompress it instead of a program that is designed to write anything to iso.....
you should be using rar for mac or 7zip for mac, not some other program that obviously does not work right or just can't understand the compression.

3.60 star(s) 21 Votes