Ren'Py Completed My Best Friend's Family [v1.01] [Iceridlah Games]

3.60 star(s) 21 Votes

tossler

Jul 1, 2017
maybe because they are using the right program to decompress it... not some other program that obviously does not work right...
My problem was solved (with Keka) long before you jumped in to deliver a scolding. Maybe finish reading the thread next time.

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Nicely done, thanks, and the renders are first rate. Elle is cute af and Mom is smoking :eek:penedeyewink: That last scene looks like a new storyline ... Maybe Dad can pop wood with a little help from Daughter?

Last edited:

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
the game principle is very interesting and really fun I like it very much but to say exactly what is the game is much too short has almost no content I just hope that soon an update comes and then not again only 5 or 10 min the damn shame i think that can make a lot out of the game

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Its short but then again it's only version 0.02. Really like the renders they are at least slightly realistic (mom is age appropriate and the formerly overweight daughter looks suitable formerly overweight :) ). Style is rather unique as it appears to be everyone's viewpoints but just at different times (with overlaps). Will be very interested in seeing how this progresses.

DonutMan

Dec 3, 2016
Have to say that I'm liking this game so far. It's a refreshing change to most games these days, specifically seeing situations from both perspectives and having other men besides the MC. Makes it seem like less of a harem game like most seem to be. Both the mom and sister have enough depth to make the story interesting and perhaps a little bit realistic. Seems like they were both set up in a way to make it both possible for the MC to have relations with them and yet not easy at the same time. Additionally the dad and brother both seem like nice guys, which adds a bit more flavor to things. Cause, I want to fuck both the mom and sister, but also feel a bit bad about it because I like the dad and brother, which adds another layer of realism in my opinion.

Reactions: Pumpkin1984

Pervy Lad

Jun 10, 2017
I will never understand why people bother reviewing a .01 or .02 version of a game. Not to attack those that do or whatever but still, always found it premature and in some cases completely unhelpful.

Reactions: KiGa

verzauberung

May 5, 2017
I will never understand why people bother reviewing a .01 or .02 version of a game. Not to attack those that do or whatever but still, always found it premature and in some cases completely unhelpful.
i've played first builds/demo Version of games that had more Content than some full Releases. noone knows how much Content a game has by just reading "v0.1" or "v1.9532", that could be 2 min of gameplay or 2h of gameplay. and even if it's just 30 sec of Content, it could be amazing great Content (see games like The Family Secret or A Day With Gwen). and even from the first versions of the game you can judge the art, writing, characters, gameplay, Interface and so on.

and bro, if you dont like the early Reviews/first impressions and think they are useless.... just don't read them.

Decode

Aug 25, 2017
The game devs are testing the waters with new games so that we can review them even if the content is not that long

Reactions: verzauberung

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Well, for me I guess it goes along with the same logic of, why post something so early for consumers to play/read... They do it mostly to get some feedback, good or bad, and to sometimes help with troubleshooting, since they technically have an infinite number of testers by posting early versions... I know that on anything I've ever created (not these kinds of stuff), I'm my own worst critic, and others may see something I just can't see, because I made it, what ever it may be... I'm sure there are lots of other reasons to do early reviews...

So, for me, part of doing a review on an early version, is to give people an idea of what they might be in for, based on my own personal experiences, before they decide to take the time to download and play... As a lot of the times, the descriptions posted for these vn/games really apply to the product as it is aiming to be, rather then what it currently is... Plus it's always good to get multiple early opinions on something, as it makes for a better informed shopper, as it were... At least that is the best way, I can think of at the moment, to explain it...

U

User_215882

I appreciate reviews even the early ones. Some games have a lot of content, or start off really well, with the first release. So far I like what I see with the game, but I hold off playing anything until the third release. The story is interesting and it seems like it sets itself apart from the typical games you find on this site. Just doesn't seem like theres much as of yet for a nice playthrough. Hope to see a completed tag on this one and thank you to those who review!

Pervy Lad

Jun 10, 2017
i've played first builds/demo Version of games that had more Content than some full Releases. noone knows how much Content a game has by just reading "v0.1" or "v1.9532", that could be 2 min of gameplay or 2h of gameplay. and even if it's just 30 sec of Content, it could be amazing great Content (see games like The Family Secret or A Day With Gwen). and even from the first versions of the game you can judge the art, writing, characters, gameplay, Interface and so on.

and bro, if you dont like the early Reviews/first impressions and think they are useless.... just don't read them.
Heh reviews are useful in their own way, and you right, if I don't like them I shouldn't read them, but it's hard to ignore why something only has two stars. Though the thing about reviews and such is that they ultimately boil down to a persons personal opinions, likes, dislikes, and fetishes in this case. This game shows it, there is one review that poor, another that gives it two thumbs up and another thats below average. Sometimes I forget that, though a lot of this is my own personal gripe with reviews of stuff in general and the way that people form opinions from another's instead of from their own experience.

I do understand that an initial review can be beneficial, except those that are two sentences or so about nothing. Bah what do I know I'm just joe perv expressing his own opinion on something.

Pervy Lad

Jun 10, 2017
Well, for me I guess it goes along with the same logic of, why post something so early for consumers to play/read... They do it mostly to get some feedback, good or bad, and to sometimes help with troubleshooting, since they technically have an infinite number of testers by posting early versions... I know that on anything I've ever created (not these kinds of stuff), I'm my own worst critic, and others may see something I just can't see, because I made it, what ever it may be... I'm sure there are lots of other reasons to do early reviews...

So, for me, part of doing a review on an early version, is to give people an idea of what they might be in for, based on my own personal experiences, before they decide to take the time to download and play... As a lot of the times, the descriptions posted for these vn/games really apply to the product as it is aiming to be, rather then what it currently is... Plus it's always good to get multiple early opinions on something, as it makes for a better informed shopper, as it were... At least that is the best way, I can think of at the moment, to explain it...
Hmmm I see I should have thought through more what I wanted to say and was thinking. My problem with a number of reviews is that they can be too short, to based on a persons own personal biases, or create the impression of this games sucks and will stay so.

I aim my criticism less at those who really seek to inform others about a product and more at those who are bashing or criticizing because their own personal criteria in a game haven't been met as of yet. But like I said, that's my own personal opinion and I myself could be wrong.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Hmmm I see I should have thought through more what I wanted to say and was thinking. My problem with a number of reviews is that they can be too short, to based on a persons own personal biases, or create the impression of this games sucks and will stay so.

I aim my criticism less at those who really seek to inform others about a product and more at those who are bashing or criticizing because their own personal criteria in a game haven't been met as of yet. But like I said, that's my own personal opinion and I myself could be wrong.
I see what your saying...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

jpostel

Jul 4, 2017
Good start. I was skeptical, but I found that I liked the different character options. The walkthrough is key.

Stakos

Jun 24, 2017
This is a really good game. I like the fact that you can see the prespective of others but actually you make all the decisions. Of course, that fact that it's v0.2 and it already has 2-3 branches makes a walkthrough mandatory for the next versions.

Phooploid

Jun 18, 2017
Anyone know what hidserv.pnf does(it's a windows file)? Because this game is trying to modify it at launch.
Smells like malware to me...

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Anyone know what hidserv.pnf does(it's a windows file)? Because this game is trying to modify it at launch.
Smells like malware to me...
it shouldn't be bother with the pnf, the inf maybe, it's HID services. which do this.
Enables generic input access to Human Interface Devices (HID), which activates and maintains the use of
predefined hot buttons on keyboards, remote controls, and other multimedia devices. If this service is
stopped, hot buttons controlled by this service will no longer function. If this service is disabled, any services
that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.
malware typically wouldn't bother with it.

Reactions: Phooploid

Phooploid

Jun 18, 2017
it shouldn't be bother with the pnf, the inf maybe, it's HID services. which do this.
Enables generic input access to Human Interface Devices (HID), which activates and maintains the use of
predefined hot buttons on keyboards, remote controls, and other multimedia devices. If this service is
stopped, hot buttons controlled by this service will no longer function. If this service is disabled, any services
that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.
malware typically wouldn't bother with it.
Thx for the quick reply.
I blocked it's attempt to modify the file, and tried the game after all(the game runs properly when doing that).

Pretty nice game, though really short. I like how it's focussend on realistic representation of it's characters, without going into too much detail. The psychology of the characters, the choices -- of which there are quite a few -- and the flow of the story, seem believable and don't requite a massive amount of suspension of disbelief. Worth checking again after a few updates i recon.

3.60 star(s) 21 Votes