Ren'Py Completed My Best Friend's Family [v1.01] [Iceridlah Games]

3.60 star(s) 21 Votes

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Also those of you who liked Natali's bush will be happy to know April has one too.
Thank you!

Also thank you for casually incorporating a gay path in the game. In my opinion we need more games that are not exclusively gay or straight. Bisexuality rocks! :cool:

Summary: Thank you very much for your hard work and I'm looking forward for future projects. Will drop a dollar or two when you're back up on Patreon or Subscribestar.

Last edited:

Kaidman

Dec 8, 2017
Hey people!

View attachment 804492

That's right. There's a new update for this mediocre cluster fuck of a game! The fact it took me months to make this update shows how little time I have to work on them these days. Despite what some have thought in the past I do unfortunately work on these projects alone.

This update is being posted here only, but anyone can share it where ever and however they please. I don't care.

For those of you out there who follow me and/or my projects and want a new update for The Seed. One is on the way! I wanted to finish this one first. Currently I'm transitioning work areas/computers so it may be a little while longer. The update for that game will be uploaded and posted here as well in that game's thread. It will be the last update for The Seed and conclude the story.

Overall, MBFF was disappointing to me. It didn't really come out how I had envisioned it. Some parts turned out okay I think. The original plan was probably a bad idea anyway given how difficult this version is to play. It's pretty bad when the developer needs to use the walk-through guide to test the game! If it had been made the way I originally planned with more importance on the order you play each character every day it would have been even more of a confusing web.

I don't want to say for certain this is the final update for this game, but it probably will be the last. Unless something else is majorly broken.

Changes for My Best Friends Family v1.1

*Fixed all the bugs I could find. Others may still exist because some bugs only show up on different computers.

*When hiding the screen to see the images the quick menu will now hide too.

*New smaller dialogue box for better visibility of the scene images.

*New images added to Natali/Lex path and some dialogue added/rewritten.

*Last day of Lex/Elle path updated with more scenes and dialogue.

*New path added with Tom's mom April. To begin it you must begin the Natali/Lex path.

*Dialogue changed in some scenes. Typos fixed throughout. Probably missed some still.

*9 old animations updated. Some were completely replaced.

*7 completely new animations added.

If you would like to see previews of the updated animations check out the discord.

Windows:
Mega

Mac:
Mega

Walk-through guide:
Mega
good work I really enjoyed this game it really fired me up and despite it having a number of errors you finished it rather than drop it which is good to see games getting a ending

manifestdestiny777

May 1, 2019
I've gotten into a bit of a sticky wicket.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Here is the code for the save game file. Cheers!
I am having this exact problem and it keeps happening even when I start new game with different choices. Otherwise loving the game so far up till the day 10 glitch.

Reactions: SlowDance

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of My Best Friends Family v1.1.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 07.09.2020 (attempt to fix the "no choice available" menus, might break triggers)

Last edited:

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Hey people!

View attachment 804492

That's right. There's a new update for this mediocre cluster fuck of a game! The fact it took me months to make this update shows how little time I have to work on them these days. Despite what some have thought in the past I do unfortunately work on these projects alone.

This update is being posted here only, but anyone can share it where ever and however they please. I don't care.

For those of you out there who follow me and/or my projects and want a new update for The Seed. One is on the way! I wanted to finish this one first. Currently I'm transitioning work areas/computers so it may be a little while longer. The update for that game will be uploaded and posted here as well in that game's thread. It will be the last update for The Seed and conclude the story.

Overall, MBFF was disappointing to me. It didn't really come out how I had envisioned it. Some parts turned out okay I think. The original plan was probably a bad idea anyway given how difficult this version is to play. It's pretty bad when the developer needs to use the walk-through guide to test the game! If it had been made the way I originally planned with more importance on the order you play each character every day it would have been even more of a confusing web.

I don't want to say for certain this is the final update for this game, but it probably will be the last. Unless something else is majorly broken.

Changes for My Best Friends Family v1.1

*Fixed all the bugs I could find. Others may still exist because some bugs only show up on different computers.

*When hiding the screen to see the images the quick menu will now hide too.

*New smaller dialogue box for better visibility of the scene images.

*New images added to Natali/Lex path and some dialogue added/rewritten.

*Last day of Lex/Elle path updated with more scenes and dialogue.

*New path added with Tom's mom April. To begin it you must begin the Natali/Lex path.

*Dialogue changed in some scenes. Typos fixed throughout. Probably missed some still.

*9 old animations updated. Some were completely replaced.

*7 completely new animations added.

If you would like to see previews of the updated animations check out the discord.

Windows:
Mega

Mac:
Mega

Walk-through guide:
Mega
Thanks for the update and enjoyed this one a lot in the past. I see in the walkthrough a reference to a
but not how to trigger it?

Reactions: snakeplisskin
Oct 21, 2017
I think there is a bug on Day 9. Under the day9nat label there is a if statement:

"if natluststom >= 40 and playtom:"

it should be playnat instead of playtom otherwise that clause will never be called. This bug hides a lot of content.

rogueremy

Mar 28, 2019
Well this made my whole day! So happy to see you back Iceridlah, and that there's an update for MBFF! This game is easily in my top 3 favorites, and though you seem to have your own disappointments with it, I think it's excellent! Tbh I'm an m/m player, and it's really cool that you included a gay route, it means a lot and there aren't enough games that do! Thank you so much for that! Despite being a mainly m/m player, I have actually played the other routes as well, and they're pretty great, I love the multiple protagonists approach!

It seems like this could be the last update for MBFF, and if you don't want to continue it, I respect that. But I just wanted to say that I personally would love more, in particular that Lex/Joe/Tom route you mentioned a while back... wow. The characters are interesting and well developed so any content would be highly appreciated! If you were still on Patreon I definitely would have pledged, I was a bit late to this whole world lol. But again, I don't wanna be pushy about it or anything, just showing my support in case you want to make more! Thanks again for the new update!

3.60 star(s) 21 Votes