3.00 star(s) 46 Votes

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I must have a much longer threshold for waiting than everybody else, because it doesn't seem all that long to me since the last update came out. It really helps if you don't even bother listening to a dev and just allow yourself to be delighted when it is released. I have such a massive backlog of games to play to it is really no skin off my ass.

doubleCl1cK

Nov 4, 2018
I must have a much longer threshold for waiting than everybody else, because it doesn't seem all that long to me since the last update came out. It really helps if you don't even bother listening to a dev and just allow yourself to be delighted when it is released. I have such a massive backlog of games to play to it is really no skin off my ass.
Yeah! You said it. Me too! I have a bunch of ... other things to do? :oops: :cool:

aschefts6

Apr 5, 2021
Totally fair and true.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
When an update shows up here, whether that be in a week or a year, I will play it. It costs me nothing to wait.

carze

Sep 13, 2017
"I will do everything to get it out by June" cit. "The update will be shorter but it will come out earlier" cit.
it is not that we are bashing him. it is just the fact that he says something and doesn't fulfill his promise. don't let your fans down by saying you are going to release it by this month or that month and not keeping your word. at least tell us, you need more time to finish the update instead of not replying to his patreons or fans. it puts a bad reputation of him not keeping his word. still we love the game, we are just disappointed .
If you're honest for two seconds, you'll see that he doesn't make any promises and that in his posts he makes it clear that they are indications, not promises. After that, you have to make an effort to read and not interpret what you want.
tbh i don't think he is really committed to this game. if he was, there wouldn't be so much delay and no response to his fans on patreons. the wmv developers are better than this, but we shall see... once again..
You're right, he could make a little more effort and be as involved as the WMV devs. We wonder why such a difference in treatment between the two developers. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that WMV has 3300 patreons and he only has 50

heart_og

Jun 5, 2020
If you're honest for two seconds, you'll see that he doesn't make any promises and that in his posts he makes it clear that they are indications, not promises. After that, you have to make an effort to read and not interpret what you want.

You're right, he could make a little more effort and be as involved as the WMV devs. We wonder why such a difference in treatment between the two developers. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that WMV has 3300 patreons and he only has 50
there's a reason he only has 50 patreons and we both know why. don't deny yourself. The reason he probably can't make any promises is because he keeps making excuses for himself and us. you ever notice how all the other updates were faster than this one? from 0.1 to 0.6 , he just got lazy and you're falling for it. i have seen this with many developers, first the game is going good, then they get bored with the game and things start to slow down. next thing you know the game is abandoned. who knows whats gonna happen for the future of this game.

dabuzzkiller1

Active User
Donor
Apr 8, 2018
Anybody played the update yet? Thoughts?
I appreciate that Beanie Guy Studio just posted a tiered release date schedule for v0.7. Unfortunately the Elite and Huge fan levels are a bit out of my budget. I would be compelled to become a Patron if there were more benefits for the lower-levels. My opinion is that he needs to re-evaluate his pricing model. :cool:

Elite fan release of My brother's wife ( V 0.7 )

Huge fan release of My Brother's wife (V 0.7)
26/07/2022

All patreon release of My Brother's wife (V 0.7)
30/07/2022

aschefts6

Apr 5, 2021
I appreciate that Beanie Guy Studio just posted a tiered release date schedule for v0.7. Unfortunately the Elite and Huge fan levels are a bit out of my budget. I would be compelled to become a Patron if there were more benefits for the lower-levels. My opinion is that he needs to re-evaluate his pricing model. :cool:

Elite fan release of My brother's wife ( V 0.7 )

Huge fan release of My Brother's wife (V 0.7)
26/07/2022

All patreon release of My Brother's wife (V 0.7)
30/07/2022
I agree. It is way overpriced for first release.

Reactions: dabuzzkiller1

dabuzzkiller1

Active User
Donor
Apr 8, 2018
I agree. It is way overpriced for first release.
Absolutely. Only for comparison, it's similar to the pricing model for Lust&Passion which has developed a huge and dedicated fan base over many years. When you price releases that high in the beginnings of a game, it gives the appearance that the developer is trying to cash in vs. developing a user/fan base.

3.00 star(s) 46 Votes