• Lily

• Freya

• Klara

• Naomi

• Moon

Results are only viewable after voting.

DaFirst

Sep 9, 2017
Flashbacks are way too fucking long chum... i dont remember what happened before they started half the time. Right now im at Emys flashback and i swear its been half an hour long wall of text now. Its like reading a book that has neccesary refference for another book in the middle of it just so you could understand the story.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Flashbacks are way too fucking long chum... i dont remember what happened before they started half the time. Right now im at Emys flashback and i swear its been half an hour long wall of text now. Its like reading a book that has neccesary refference for another book in the middle of it just so you could understand the story.
A book you say?

I wonder what the N in AVN stands for... what a daunting mystery... oh well... :Kappa:

DaFirst

Sep 9, 2017
A book you say?

I wonder what the N in AVN stands for... what a daunting mystery... oh well... :Kappa:
Smartass... whaever im skipping them now... ain got time for all that useless information. Why the hell do i need to know everyone at lilys old running club? That whole flashback took me maybe 10 minutes to get through and there was barely anything about lily herself.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Smartass... whaever im skipping them now... ain got time for all that useless information. Why the hell do i need to know everyone at lilys old running club? That whole flashback took me maybe 10 minutes to get through and there was barely anything about lily herself.
Maybe because this is a story driven game?
Maybe to learn about the story of the characters?
Maybe to understand their struggles better?
Their motivations and fears?
What they want and desire?

Boom Mind Blown GIF - Boom Mind Blown Mind Blowing GIFs

You know for a troll trying to shitpost you're really not good at it... :KEK:

Reactions: someyoungguy

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
A book you say?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Okay, if you're going to play a story-driven game and not read the story, that's on you.

If you're going to play a story-driven game and publicly complain about it having too much story ... that's you on the list.

Reactions: someyoungguy

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Okay, if you're going to play a story-driven game and not read the story, that's on you.

If you're going to play a story-driven game and publicly complain about it having too much story ... that's you on the list.
He probs wanted a quick fap but reading is hard and most people here are dumb... so reading really scares them... :KEK:

DaFirst

Sep 9, 2017

Not here to troll or shitpost... Just sharing what flustrated me about this game/story/”Book”... aperently
I do get that you dont feel the same about the flashbacks. Im just not the biggest fan of em as they inflate the story without progressing it. And these ones could be considered standalone with how much story theres packed in em.

Edit.: nvm... just forget i even bothered to try to chat about this game.

Reactions: Jimskeleton

ToadMayn

Oct 18, 2021
Not here to troll or shitpost... Just sharing what flustrated me about this game/story/”Book”... aperently
I do get that you dont feel the same about the flashbacks. Im just not the biggest fan of em as they inflate the story without progressing it. And these ones could be considered standalone with how much story theres packed in em.

Perhaps so, but considering a good 70% of the game (atm) is just prologue, it's safe to assume that the story is gonna be very much inflated. I don't mind it, longer drawn out stories are a sacrifice I'm more than willing to take for a well fleshed-out story, but I get if it ain't your cuppa tea. Ig in Lily's case I can see why it is a little overbearing but you also gotta keep in mind up until then we barely knew anything about Lily, not to mention with the story direction were going at we may not see Lily for a good few updates after the next one. So for the relative few that enjoys her character (me included :") ) it's a welcome addition, regardless of how long it is.

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023

Aside from the reasons already mentioned as to why your complaint is weird, another issue is that flashbacks are actually a narrative shorthand in visual media. The dev is using them to include elements they think are important to the story, which means that those elements would be in the story with or without the flashbacks. Since flashbacks are a narrative shorthand, you'd probably have to read a lot more without them. To narratively frame a past event well without using a flashback takes a lot more work and would certainly be more wordy than it would be to just use a flashback. This, in conjunction with the other reasons stated, makes your assertion that you're just trying to enjoy the story but the flashbacks are getting in the way seem contradictory. Telling the same story without flashbacks would be much more inflated than the story you're already trying to read. It'd be one thing if you just didn't like the narrative device of a flashback for some other arbitrary reason, but flashbacks actually solve the very problem you've claimed they cause by making it much simpler and quicker to include information from the characters' pasts into the story. They make the story less bloated and keep the introduction of information from the past from disrupting the narrative flow too much

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
What is LCC?
The initials of NiiChan's second project, Life Changing Choices (or it was until it was changed sometime ago iirc). It's called Sicae now. And if you haven't played that one yet, then you should give it a try (and unlike MBIML, it might lean on the bloody side a tad bit but it's a good one nonetheless).

Last edited:
Reactions: vixendaji

DaFirst

Sep 9, 2017
Well... im over it now. Some of you sure know how to ruin someones will to chat. I stand in my opinion that the flashbacks could have been shorter and more focused but whatever. I enjoyed whats there. Sky, Lily and Freya are my favorite. Emma is my least favorite. Aine is kinda dull. Gwen is cool. Klara confused the hell out of me with all that ”offscreen” story. Naomi would make a great friend. Moon is... ok?. Propably wont continue with the story anymore as it was fairly boring for me. Wish you all great joy from this work. Being labbeled as troll right out of gate was kinda soulwrenching so please dont do that to others. Gonna go take a nap now as it took me a while to get through this in one sitting.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
In fairness, I think Lily's flashback could have been condensed a bit, especially since so far we still don't know why she left/had to leave the team and she's been pretty much stuck on the sidelines ever since. Ill tongues would say that it's the "How I met your mother" symptom. The next update has a focus on Freya, so we can assume that she won't play a significant role, probably, but maybe in the update after that?

And since I'm typing anyway, NiiChan, is Shu's name a deliberate reference to Egyptian mythology or is it actually coincidence? I don't think you've ever commented on this, but I'm curious.

Reactions: Secretuser69

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The initials of NiiChan's second project, Life Changing Choices (or it was until it was changed sometime ago iirc). It's called Sicae now. And if you haven't played that one yet, then you should give it a try (and unlike MBIML, it might lean on the bloody side a tad bit but it's a good one nonetheless).
Saying Sicae "might lean on the bloody side" compared to MBML is like saying Berserk is "more bloody" that Dragonball ... it's accurate, but ...

• Haha
Reactions: NiiChan
Feb 9, 2019
when should I download and play the (Experimental [Emma's Solo Ending to Ch1 - Ep2] ?

I'm interested in trying that ending, but also want clarity on when in the game I should download it. For context, I'm not sure which chapter I'm on, maybe 6 or 7, the part of the story I just finished is when you go to klara's hideout and meet the other members of your clan.

I'd appreciate if anyone could lay out what the order of chapters and episodes are for me, because I'm seeing them used interchangeably and it's a bit confusing.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
when should I download and play the (Experimental [Emma's Solo Ending to Ch1 - Ep2] ?

I'm interested in trying that ending, but also want clarity on when in the game I should download it. For context, I'm not sure which chapter I'm on, maybe 6 or 7, the part of the story I just finished is when you go to klara's hideout and meet the other members of your clan.

I'd appreciate if anyone could lay out what the order of chapters and episodes are for me, because I'm seeing them used interchangeably and it's a bit confusing.
So, Emma's solo ending isn't separate from the game and it's no longer "experimental" ... it's incorporated in the full game, which is the main download.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The main download contains the Prologue (7 chapters) and the first two episodes of the first "Official" chapter. That's all you need (well, except mods ... everyone needs mods)

4.20 star(s) 143 Votes