• Klara

• Naomi

• Moon

Results are only viewable after voting.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Welp, this game continues to ruin the erotic scenes by toggling on the most obnoxious music complete with awful vocals.

Unless you are doing a textless montage, using music with vocals just needs to stop. Having to read while horribly grating talking is going on is a bad experience, as it makes concentrating on the words just that much harder. Plus if you do stop and actually listen to it, it's just plain bad discount pop or R&B. Most of the rest of the game the muzak works to effectively set the mood, but the only mood being set by it during the erotic scenes is 'annoyance'.
1720795873560.png

:):):)

Nadira

Jun 29, 2024
Welp, this game continues to ruin the erotic scenes by toggling on the most obnoxious music complete with awful vocals.
I don't want to be THAT guy but your taste in music is aweful....
e.g. Lantern Room, the song during the last Aine scene, is so good it found a permantent place in my playlist.
The other songs are amazing too.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Having to read while horribly grating talking is going on is a bad experience, as it makes concentrating on the words just that much harder.
It's always a wonder to me how different people's brains work, I've never had any issues reading while there was talking or lyrics were in the background. I'll even listen to music in my native language, English, while reading large bodies of text in my second language, Arabic, to help me focus.

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
It's always a wonder to me how different people's brains work, I've never had any issues reading while there was talking or lyrics were in the background. I'll even listen to music in my native language, English, while reading large bodies of text in my second language, Arabic, to help me focus.
I always listen to music while reading. Then later on when I hear a song I will recall the passage I was reading. That said I always turn music in all games/AVN's has I have my Spotify music going on a speaker next to me.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I always listen to music while reading. Then later on when I hear a song I will recall the passage I was reading. That said I always turn music in all games/AVN's has I have my Spotify music going on a speaker next to me.
Yeah I mute all AVNs. The 8 thousandth time hearing the same no royalty music kinda just made it a default behavior.

Reactions: divingmedic

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
you know you can mute music/sound in options, right?
Feel free to turn it off.

Yes. Thank you. I'm well aware of how sound options work in Ren'py. I've only been playing these VN's for literally years...

Neither address the problem that it is distractingly bad and detracts from the overall experience to have to go from decent background muzak to dead silence, because even that jarring silence is somehow better than the discount R&B and pop vocals fighting for attention whenever a scene heats up.

There's a reason why melodramatic anime's limit usage of music with vocals to montages. Trying to focus on dialogue and vocals at the same time is bad. If the vocals aren't supposed to be focused on, then their inclusion is at best pointless, or (as in my case) at worst, an annoying distraction that detracts the scene rather than enhancing it.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Well, thanks for being the seemingly only person to take my point seriously rather than flippantly and dismissively pointing at the Ren'Py sound options.

On a side note, I don't get motion sickness. I can read in a moving vehicle, something I've done since I was a kid. Some people get nauseous or otherwise can't focus, but I don't have trouble there. I don't get sea-sick out on boats, and I've not had trouble with VR the handful of times I've got to try it. So, I dunno.

Nadira

Jun 29, 2024
Trying to focus on dialogue and vocals at the same time is bad.
It's not. ---> Skill issue.
If the vocals aren't supposed to be focused on, then their inclusion is at best pointless, or (as in my case) at worst, an annoying distraction that detracts the scene rather than enhancing it.
That's not what's happening though... the music supplements the scenes.
NiiChan hand picks every song he uses for a specific scene. It's not random.
Well, thanks for being the seemingly only person to take my point seriously rather than flippantly and dismissively pointing at the Ren'Py sound options.
And you didn't think people did that because your take wasn't very good? Or maybe that if you don't like the music the easiest option is to mute it?
Come on... :HideThePain:

Reactions: OEJ

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
And you didn't think people did that because your take wasn't very good? Or maybe that if you don't like the music the easiest option is to mute it?
Come on... :HideThePain:
The real skill issue is thinking that being the umpteenth person to suggest muting the sound is helpful or clever...

Nadira

Jun 29, 2024
The real skill issue is thinking that being the umpteenth person to suggest muting the sound is helpful or clever...
I disagree.

You don't like the music, we get it.
So your only option is to mute it. Which was suggested to you by multiple people.
Or did you think Niichan is going to change his approach to music because YOU don't like the songs?
Ridiculous. :KEK:

Reactions: notBatman747

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Reading the new update ATM. Good, that you can criticize yourself (Sky's scene, where she mentions, that it has been 4 updates of torture for her.) Can't wait to see, what you have in store after that.

Thank you for the work!

• Haha
Reactions: NiiChan

TheRealWimzy

Oct 13, 2022
Kinda wild how theres so many comments about the "ObNoXiOuS mUsiC" :WaitWhat: After this update.
I guarantee you 80% of those people, would rather have those low-quality moaning audios during those,
so the last part of their braincells can seep into their hands, for lubrication purposes.

Anyway..

The update is absolutely fantastic, rounded off the story of the first chapter perfectly.
And can we talk about how awesome Moon's entry to the combat scene was?
I was blown away by the entire setup, and the pre-combat speech mantra type shit.. Holy moly.
I'd just like to thank NiiChan , for a great first chapter!
Looking forward to way more.
:coffee:

4.20 star(s) 143 Votes