VN Ren'Py Completed My Catgirl Maid Thinks She Runs the Place [v1.0] [Uncle Artie]

4.90 star(s) 13 Votes

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
There's literally a VN tag here sir, idk what you're expecting :HideThePain:
Sorry to disappoint you sir, a VN stands for Visual Novel where the choices have an impact on the story.
Should be tagged more as a Kinetic Novel rather than a VN, since the dialogues doesn't have any impact on the story.

I have to agree with some though that graphics should have been used to show the interactions rather than just a plain background with Cynthia, and the text which does all the explanation.

However, it was a nice story except that's not a true VN as such.

Can't wait to see much of the story between Cynthia and MC.

Reactions: EZ8lt

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
Sorry to disappoint you sir, a VN stands for Visual Novel where the choices have an impact on the story.
Should be tagged more as a Kinetic Novel rather than a VN, since the dialogues doesn't have any impact on the story.

I have to agree with some though that graphics should have been used to show the interactions rather than just a plain background with Cynthia, and the text which does all the explanation.

Visual Novels fall into two subgenres: Adventure Games and Novel. The Adventure Games are the ones that play like text adventure games and offer more choices to affect gameplay while the Novel genre focuses more on a narrative and story.

This VN falls more in the Novel subgenre as I have styled it after the Japanese eroge VNs which often have very minimal choices which just affect which girl's route you want to start. I've obviously offer a few more choices to try and make a few scenes more interesting but it's still a Novel through and through.

The VN format can also be used as cutscenes in rpgs or tactical strategy games as animating cutscenes can be pricey so it's a nice low budget option for indie developers.

There's too many ways to use VNs so there is no such thing as a "true VN".

TheDemSoc

Sep 7, 2017

Fair. I'm just saying that if it has the VN tag, the core gameplay is going to be just reading through dialogue. Not really sure what that guy expected.

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
so i followed the walkthrough of the market place up to the point for the Veggies no matter WHAT I pick i still get it as a fail i did the beef and rice parts fine its just the Veggies stall

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
so i followed the walkthrough of the market place up to the point for the Veggies no matter WHAT I pick i still get it as a fail i did the beef and rice parts fine its just the Veggies stall
never mind i just picked a random one and it was .... from the Twins

NikoHello

Oct 3, 2018
F95Zone really needs a Wholesome tag. I can't tell you the amount of times I've been blindsided by these feel-good stories. Dangit, stop putting me in a good mood! I didn't come here to be happy! (But seriously, really liking the game so far) Felt a lot like Senko-San, which also made me have the happy feels.

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
I've been keeping an eye on this game for some time. I see a lot of people say she's great .. I have to playfinally that game. :D

But I'm a little afraid to play, reading this forum about the ending of ch10. :D

Reactions: UncleArtie

wasabi4872

Nov 12, 2020
I've been keeping an eye on this game for some time. I see a lot of people say she's great .. I have to playfinally that game. :D

But I'm a little afraid to play, reading this forum about the ending of ch10. :D
Well ch 11 comes out today or tommorow, atleast according to his patreon post so that cliffhanger wont matter too much since there will be somewhat of a closure

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
Ch11 has been released. It includes some additional CG scenes for previous chapters including the "Pet the Kitty" scene and the catgirl burrito scene. One more chapter after this. Can't believe it.

Thank you very much for playing and I hope you enjoy this one.

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020

The downside of the chapter to chapter release is that every once in awhile, a cliffhanger happens. Ch11 is out so it won't feel to bad now.

Reactions: Qmil679

TheDemSoc

Sep 7, 2017
oh wtf this came out faster than I thought it would
Edit: nvm wow time is flying faster than I thought

A little more procrastinating wouldn't hurt tonight...

TheDemSoc

Sep 7, 2017
Step through the portal, and suddenly KSP music
lmfao these are the moments I live for with royalty-free music works

The politics are heating up real fast; can't wait to see how it plays out.
Wonder if it'll have a similar moment to the Layton vs. Ace Attorney crossover where Wright suggests checking for fingerprints to a bunch of people with no knowledge of forensics since the Katulinians(?) are a few centuries behind technologically.

Imagine going to see the trial of the panty raider monk and suddenly he turns out to be human and he's got some weird pocket mirror machine that can replay captured moments in time.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.90 star(s) 13 Votes