VN Ren'Py Completed My Catgirl Maid Thinks She Runs the Place [v1.0] [Uncle Artie]

4.90 star(s) 13 Votes

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
Oh gee, yet ANOTHER game that you have to restart from scratch EVERY update. So, what's the point of dl'ing before the dev gets around to completing it- that is, if they EVER do complete it?

Too bad, I really was enjoying it. Very good art and story. But Life is too short to restart and restart and restart and restart the same damn game over and over and over again. I'm gone until this one gets finished.

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
Oh gee, yet ANOTHER game that you have to restart from scratch EVERY update. So, what's the point of dl'ing before the dev gets around to completing it- that is, if they EVER do complete it?

Too bad, I really was enjoying it. Very good art and story. But Life is too short to restart and restart and restart and restart the same damn game over and over and over again. I'm gone until this one gets finished.
There's two methods in place that fix your issue.

1) The way the engine works, you can copy and paste your save folder from one update to the next. Just save near the end of the game and when the next one comes out, put the save folder in the new update and pick up from that spot.

2) The chapters are still being released individually on Newgrounds, as I've been doing since the beginning. This was so people that didn't want to download it too many times or couldn't download it, still had an option to play it.

Reactions: hentai charley

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
There's two methods in place that fix your issue.

1) The way the engine works, you can copy and paste your save folder from one update to the next. Just save near the end of the game and when the next one comes out, put the save folder in the new update and pick up from that spot.

2) The chapters are still being released individually on Newgrounds, as I've been doing since the beginning. This was so people that didn't want to download it too many times or couldn't download it, still had an option to play it.
Thank you for your reply, and I apologize for the delay in responding.

1) I used to do EXACTLY that, until people, both Players and Devs, said it was a BAD thing that screws up a game. Now I just download the whole game each time. It USUALLY works.

2) I have no idea what Newgrounds is/are.

Reactions: UncleArtie

Unrealistic

Jun 27, 2018
Thank you for your reply, and I apologize for the delay in responding.

1) I used to do EXACTLY that, until people, both Players and Devs, said it was a BAD thing that screws up a game. Now I just download the whole game each time. It USUALLY works.

2) I have no idea what Newgrounds is/are.
I believe I can answer this, Newgrounds is a website where games can be played on your browser instead of having to be downloaded. For on-going chapter games like this it's a really good option for devs and for the players/readers since you dont have to download a large file every update.

If you want a save file from the end of chapter 6 I can give you. It starts off from the last line of chapter 6. When you download the save file make sure to click the game file and then put it in the save file there, if there is no save folder inside the "game" folder just create a folder named save and drop it in there.

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
I believe I can answer this, Newgrounds is a website where games can be played on your browser instead of having to be downloaded. For on-going chapter games like this it's a really good option for devs and for the players/readers since you dont have to download a large file every update.

If you want a save file from the end of chapter 6 I can give you. It starts off from the last line of chapter 6. When you download the save file make sure to click the game file and then put it in the save file there, if there is no save folder inside the "game" folder just create a folder named save and drop it in there.
Thank you.

reznar

Mar 14, 2018
Oh boy, finally got confirmation of what I've expected since near the beginning.

Always happy when this drops a new chapter, makes a meh day into a good day.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Wow, that Angelica's a bit of a bee-yotch, isn't she? :cautious:

Poor Cynthia... Although isn't the answer obvious? Why doesn't MC go back with her... I'm pretty sure he'd be fine with living in a world full of cat-girls... :whistle::coffee:

Small bug: Before the amusement park visit, the variable "activities" was not reinitialized to 0. (Last used at the beach, I think..?) which causes the phone call from work to not trigger.

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
Wow, that Angelica's a bit of a bee-yotch, isn't she? :cautious:

Poor Cynthia... Although isn't the answer obvious? Why doesn't MC go back with her... I'm pretty sure he'd be fine with living in a world full of cat-girls... :whistle::coffee:

Small bug: Before the amusement park visit, the variable "activities" was not reinitialized to 0. (Last used at the beach, I think..?) which causes the phone call from work to not trigger.
Concerning the spoiler message: It gets talked about in the next chapter.

Concerning the bug: The "activities" variable should get reset to zero right at the start of Chapter 8, before the MC's dream sequence. I'll keep playing around with it as this has popped up a couple of times with people during testing.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Glooskabe

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Concerning the spoiler message: It gets talked about in the next chapter.

Concerning the bug: The "activities" variable should get reset to zero right at the start of Chapter 8, before the MC's dream sequence. I'll keep playing around with it as something is this popped up a couple of times with people during testing.
Huh, curious... Is the max() function a RenPy function or user-defined?

At the moment, I see you reinitialized done1, done2 and done3 right at the beginning of the chapter, but there isn't a reinitialization of activities there at the moment. That said, all of those variables had been reinitialized (using the max() function) in the continuebarbeque7 label last chapter and it doesn't look like they have been used between there and the amusement park scene so it SHOULD still work... Unless, the reinitialization block in label continuebarbeque7 is new in this update... I've already deleted the old version of the game so I can't look to see if it was there in the last release.

EDIT: Hadn't emptied my trash so I was able to recover the files from the last release. The reinitialization block was not in label continuebarbeque7 in the last release so that explains why my "activities" variable was not reinitialized.

Last edited:

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
Huh, curious... Is the max() function a RenPy function or user-defined?

At the moment, I see you reinitialized done1, done2 and done3 right at the beginning of the chapter, but there isn't a reinitialization of activities there at the moment. That said, all of those variables had been reinitialized (using the max() function) in the continuebarbeque7 label last chapter and it doesn't look like they have been used between there and the amusement park scene so it SHOULD still work... Unless, the reinitialization block in label continuebarbeque7 is new in this update... I've already deleted the old version of the game so I can't look to see if it was there in the last release.

EDIT: Hadn't emptied my trash so I was able to recover the files from the last release. The reinitialization block was not in label continuebarbeque7 in the last release so that explains why my "activities" variable was not reinitialized.
I'm not too sure what the main problem is as it only happens when you transfer the save from one version to the next. If you start from the beginning and play through, it functions normal and the activities variable will reset to zero like intended.

I have a solution that's really easy and should solve the problem. I'll release the patch tomorrow, just in case something else pops up today.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I'm not too sure what the main problem is as it only happens when you transfer the save from one version to the next. If you start from the beginning and play through, it functions normal and the activities variable will reset to zero like intended.

I have a solution that's really easy and should solve the problem. I'll release the patch tomorrow, just in case something else pops up today.
Just adding a line to the reinitialization block at the beginning of Chapter 8 should do the trick since done1, done2 and done3 seem to have been successfully reinitialized. Currently, you have:

label endofchapter7:
stop music
$ quick_menu = False
scene bg chap8 with fade
pause 3.0
scene bg black with fade
$ quick_menu = True
$ done1 = max(0, done1-10)
$ done2 = max(0, done2-10)
$ done3 = max(0, done3-10)
<---Add your line to reinitialize activities here!

Hope I'm being helpful and not a pest! Be well!

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
Just adding a line to the reinitialization block at the beginning of Chapter 8 should do the trick since done1, done2 and done3 seem to have been successfully reinitialized. Currently, you have:

label endofchapter7:
stop music
$ quick_menu = False
scene bg chap8 with fade
pause 3.0
scene bg black with fade
$ quick_menu = True
$ done1 = max(0, done1-10)
$ done2 = max(0, done2-10)
$ done3 = max(0, done3-10)
<---Add your line to reinitialize activities here!

Hope I'm being helpful and not a pest! Be well!
Nope. You're not being a pest.

That's really weird that it isn't there because it's programmed in. That's what I mean that it still works if you go through it from start to finish. Here's the code as it appears for me.

1605208308945.png

I wonder why just the one line disappears.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Nope. You're not being a pest.

That's really weird that it isn't there because it's programmed in. That's what I mean that it still works if you go through it from start to finish. Here's the code as it appears for me.

View attachment 896822

I wonder why just the one line disappears.
Very strange. An older version of the file must have been picked up in your distribution build. Either that or a runaway mouse when you were editing something. (I've done that before... deleted an extra line by accident...)

Anyhoo, I agree... What you have there should do the trick for anyone starting from a Chapter 7 save.

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
Very strange. An older version of the file must have been picked up in your distribution build. Either that or a runaway mouse when you were editing something. (I've done that before... deleted an extra line by accident...)

Anyhoo, I agree... What you have there should do the trick for anyone starting from a Chapter 7 save.
I'll keep playing around with it. If the line keeps ghosting, I'm just going to create its own variable for that chapter so it starts at zero and plays normally.

Feb 29, 2020
What's the best way to handle the part where you have to get dinner ingrediënts at the market? i keep messing it up and it says the dinner has very weird ingredients

4.90 star(s) 13 Votes