Tarlkov

May 18, 2018
This my first time trying to play the VN 0.9.0ex version and upon pressing start I'm immediately greeted to this "exception". I have not download any previous versions of the game nor the patch and bug fix folder off the og post. Here's screenshot of the error
Ok, I had some serious issues with this update. Had most, if not all of the errors talked about in this thread.

Taking into account of 'reading' the posts and feedback to a lot of the issues I can sum up how I fixed my problem, so that maybe it can help others as well.

I started with a clean game. no incest patch, no updates..
When starting that game, I would make it to the "Start" menu, where pressing start would bring up an update error.
I could ignore this and continue, but the errors made the game almost unplayable.

In this thread you will find 2 different updates posted.. @Manfegor posted one .rpy(Common bugs and fixes: )
, and the other @jande21 posted .rpyc (Extras: - - )

Now here is the thing.. You can't just drag and drop these updates into the 'Game' folder. You must edit the filename, and shorten it down to 'update.rpy' and 'update.rpyc'.

Once you shorten the filenames, you can drop them in the 'game' folder and restart the game.

There will be a few bugs, but the game is 100% playable from here.

Mr. Creampie!

Dec 1, 2017
When will you release the version 0.9.0 of my cute roomamate for android version? It says that the only available version is 0.8.0

Tarmtango

Mar 20, 2018
Not sure what im doing wrong but i cant seem to get the office on the map. and i cant get past the blackmail on barbara scene :( oh and i cant get the photoshoot with emily with anything other then cowboysuit so i cant get the photoshoot with the roommate? :/

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
I found a walkthrough from 6.1... is the premium tv before the photoshoot with cousin still an event, because my game went straight to photoshoot?

Dec 21, 2017
Hrmm. I got with all the girls, except my "cousin" was via night-time visit with sleeping pills. I didn't get an end screen, despite it saying to sleep with -1 girls. At this point, I'm trying to finish the other route of getting with my cousin, but she seems to be stuck at zero hearts. I stopped complimenting her regularly a ways into the game- when she came up with the missing folder, it went directly to broken hearts, so I presumed that fixing the folder situation would fix our relation, but it didn't. I'm complimenting her 2x morning and 1x evening (her room @ workout time, living room before work, and kitchen evening), and I've been making her regular coffee in the evening. Hearts went up for a few days (was at -3), but now they've stopped moving at zero hearts. What can I do to raise the relationship further?
STOP COMPLIMENTING HER ALL THE TIME. She gets annoyed. Compliment her about once every other day (2 days).
The only other scene with the cousin is with the massage scene in her bedroom in the evening.

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
I found a walkthrough from 6.1... is the premium tv before the photoshoot with cousin still an event, because my game went straight to photoshoot?
No premium TV in new releases.
There is an updated PDF walkthrough in first post.

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
Hrmm. I got with all the girls, except my "cousin" was via night-time visit with sleeping pills. I didn't get an end screen, despite it saying to sleep with -1 girls. At this point, I'm trying to finish the other route of getting with my cousin, but she seems to be stuck at zero hearts. I stopped complimenting her regularly a ways into the game- when she came up with the missing folder, it went directly to broken hearts, so I presumed that fixing the folder situation would fix our relation, but it didn't. I'm complimenting her 2x morning and 1x evening (her room @ workout time, living room before work, and kitchen evening), and I've been making her regular coffee in the evening. Hearts went up for a few days (was at -3), but now they've stopped moving at zero hearts. What can I do to raise the relationship further?
Only compliment her once per day. You lose heart points each time you compliment her beyond that. You get 2 points if you compliment her during her morning yoga, and three points if you complement her before she goes to work or in the evening. If compliment her at those times when you've already done a compliment on the same day, you lose the same amount.

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
I lost the first fight, but there is nothing. Something else needs to be done?
Not the street fight, but the one in Emily's home. I seem to remember it might not have appeared until the next day. If it still doesn't appear, go back the next evening and lose the fight again (the fight keeps repeating until you win after training), then see if the fight training option appears the next day at the gym when you call for the trainer.

Yogi8156

May 23, 2018
Is this game still being worked on as I have a bug right off the bat, I just downloaded the game and extract it. Ran the game only to resevea error.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/update.rpy", line 12, in <module>
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpyc", line 97, in script call
vc ���0�~����,��������9<�y�5c�V�o�H�-�P�-dl��\[�U��
File "game/update.rpyc", line 11, in script
q��v��o��Ļ�2�'�Sv�3�ZX����w&� ��R��J�7�24�<��m�_�pH�,TA�ƣ����}y��)������:e��%�$��F�|P��cPY�
File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\My_cute_roommate-090ex-win\My_cute_roommate-0.9.0ex-win\renpy\ast.py", line 827, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\My_cute_roommate-090ex-win\My_cute_roommate-0.9.0ex-win\renpy\python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/update.rpy", line 12, in <module>
File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\My_cute_roommate-090ex-win\My_cute_roommate-0.9.0ex-win\renpy\python.py", line 631, in do_mutation
return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
0.9.0ex

Esko

Jun 11, 2017
Not the street fight, but the one in Emily's home. I seem to remember it might not have appeared until the next day. If it still doesn't appear, go back the next evening and lose the fight again (the fight keeps repeating until you win after training), then see if the fight training option appears the next day at the gym when you call for the trainer.
the fight should be at home Emily's? when exactly it should be?

3.40 star(s) 172 Votes