Mod Ren'Py My Dorm Multi-Mod [v0.12 + Part 2 fixes][RiamMar]

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
RiamMar BTW, the fix worked
Thanks for the info!
I have no idea why my mc is what it is, i swear i didnt play with any files. Btw, i wasnt the only one with the problem

Anyway, thanks for the fix, will try it later
Nah, wasn't what I was assumed. I think its more likely that you have a just really old savegame. Or something else. Dunno, just never happend to me. But, that's the reason why one doesn't test their own code, right?

Reactions: juan palote

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I made the decision to switch to an update only releases mode for minor and content updates. This makes it easier for me to manage the file hosts and reduces the file size dramatically. I know, it doesn't matter that much, but think of the people with potato internet! :)

Full releases are available for each major update or the last update before today 2023-05-20. The OP links will point to the download directory, which will contain one file, the update, and folders for the last full mod release and some miscellaneous stuff.
The first folder with the last full mod, is needed for a clean or fresh installation before applying the update.

Since the mod for My Dorm Part 1 is now pre-bundled with the game, we hope that you won't have to download anything here. Maybe a bug fix, if a bug is reported.

Further information on this mods future in My Dorm Part 2, the UI overhaul and save export/import will be made available later this year.
  • Updated OP
    • You can read there what's up with the major/minor updates in more detail.
      TL;DR: For My Dorm -> the mod is pre-bundled with the game, you probably only need to download bug-fixes here
  • Restructured and synced file hosts
  • Added new READMEs
  • Dropped workupload as file host
If you have a question, feel free to comment below or join TropecitaGames community on our

As always, have a nice day and don't forget to

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I made the decision to switch to an update only releases mode for minor and content updates. This makes it easier for me to manage the file hosts and reduces the file size dramatically. I know, it doesn't matter that much, but think of the people with potato internet! :)

Full releases are available for each major update or the last update before today 2023-05-20. The OP links will point to the download directory, which will contain one file, the update, and folders for the last full mod release and some miscellaneous stuff.
The first folder with the last full mod, is needed for a clean or fresh installation before applying the update.

Since the mod for My Dorm Part 1 is now pre-bundled with the game, we hope that you won't have to download anything here. Maybe a bug fix, if a bug is reported.

Further information on this mods future in My Dorm Part 2, the UI overhaul and save export/import will be made available later this year.
  • Updated OP
    • You can read there what's up with the major/minor updates in more detail.
      TL;DR: For My Dorm -> the mod is pre-bundled with the game, you probably only need to download bug-fixes here
  • Restructured and synced file hosts
  • Added new READMEs
  • Dropped workupload as file host
If you have a question, feel free to comment below or join TropecitaGames community on our

As always, have a nice day and don't forget to

I don't know if I should react with :love: or :ROFLMAO:. Take both :geek:

• Red Heart
Reactions: RiamMar

dmmt

May 8, 2020
why are there 3 or 4 diff mod files?

I copy/pasted MYDORM MULTIMOD Complete...and I get the error screen on loading. Its been a while since I played this game, now I have no clue how to continue.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
If it's been a while, there was a change of method around update .8 ... check your game folder. if there's both a "mods" and "modules" folder, delete the "mods" folder.

This might work, but it's just a guess, since you should have a brand new folder with just the latest version of the game and the latest version of the RiamMar's Mod, so that "mods" folder shouldn't be in there.

Did you try seeing if the game you downloaded works without the mod files?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

dmmt

May 8, 2020
It works w/o the mods. There is an empty modules folder, and no mods folder.

Is this a 2 step install process?

1) Install the update mod to .10a
2) THEN install the update .10b on top of that?

Thats what the txt files "seem" to be trying to say.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RiamMar and Trope95

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022

10B is not yet public. RiamMar has published his mod because it has been released today, but the game version on f95 is 0.10A

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017

I updated the release mode to update only and forgot to update the installation instructions.
The "empty modules folder" suggests, that you only have the mod update downloaded.

You will need the game version v0.8.1 or later and should use the v0.10A mod + update to v0.10B.
Beginning with v0.8.1 later mods should be backwards compatible down to v.0.8.1. So you shouldn't have a problem running the v.0.10B mod in v0.10A. Just don't read the code files to avoid spoilers :D

If you bump into an error can you post a screenshot or your traceback.txt?
ah hell....my bad then. inattention to detail I suppose. TY for the assist!
Yes, thanks Elhemeer and TropecitaGames!

A moment ago, I updated the installation guide in the OP but will also post it here:

For a new installation do the following:

Uninstall all previous modules or mod folders in Path/to/MyDorm/game.
  1. Go to one of the links provided
    • It should look like this:
      MyDorm-Install-A.jpg
  2. Go to 00 - last full mod release
    • It should look like this
      MyDorm-Install-B.jpg
  3. Download the package you want
    • Core+Family only has the toggle for incest or
    • Core+Decision only has the renaming, choices and relationship points or
    • Complete has both modules
  4. Extract archive and paste the content in your game folder
    • overwrite if asked to
  5. For the Core+Decision and Complete
    1. Go back to the folder shown in step 1
    2. Download Update-to-v0.XX
  6. Optional, but recommended if you have the original patch installed
    • If original patch is applied, the nicest toggle might not turn of the patch correctly. If you don't need the patch to turn off, you don't really need to do this.
    • Unpatch patch.rpy with the version
      MyDorm-Install-C.jpg
    • Replace the patch.rpy in the Path/To/MyDorm/game folder

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Okay, so to continue my "being a pest" track record (and to clarify), I have *...Complete-v0.10A-fix1.zip from the last version, and I downloaded *...Decisions-Update-to-v0.10B.zip for the next version.

So when I get access to 10b, after it's extracted, I drop in "0.10a-fix1" and when that's done drop in "0.10b".

And in the future, I'll have to drop in .10a-fix1 and then the latest update?

Also, would it work to have a folder with just the mod, drop the updates in there each time, then copy the whole thing into the latest game folder? (or will each update need a clean 0.10a-fix1 then the latest update?)

(And since I'm being overly-annoying this time, all other versions are obsolete at this point, yes?)

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Okay, so to continue my "being a pest" track record (and to clarify),
Mhmm. :D
I have *...Complete-v0.10A-fix1.zip from the last version, and I downloaded *...Decisions-Update-to-v0.10B.zip for the next version.
Good good! Unnecessary though, if you read the ATTENTION spoiler "What does that mean".
So when I get access to 10b, after it's extracted, I drop in "0.10a-fix1" and when that's done drop in "0.10b".

And in the future, I'll have to drop in .10a-fix1 and then the latest update?
No :)
I moved one sentence out of the SPOILER box and reworded it a bit:
For My Dorm, the mod is already included with the game. So you can mostly ignore this thread and only refer to it for bug fixes.
In other words:
  • If everything works fine, one can ignore this thread
  • If there's a bug, look here for a fix or report it
I currently DM'ed TropecitaGames to confirm the pre-bundled status and that it's not me getting a different release or having total brain damage and making stuff up. Tagged them here, because... reasons.
Also, would it work to have a folder with just the mod, drop the updates in there each time, then copy the whole thing into the latest game folder? (or will each update need a clean 0.10a-fix1 then the latest update?)
Yes. However, you can always go to the GitLab repo and download the latest full mod there.
Also, not to repeat myself, the mod is now pre-bundled.
(And since I'm being overly-annoying this time, all other versions are obsolete at this point, yes?)
To keep it simple: Yes

Edit: Rework the "ATTENTION" part of the OP again.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Mhmm. :D

Good good! Unnecessary though, if you read the ATTENTION spoiler "What does that mean".

No :)
I moved one sentence out of the SPOILER box and reworded it a bit:

In other words:
  • If everything works fine, one can ignore this thread
  • If there's a bug, look here for a fix or report it
I currently DM'ed TropecitaGames to confirm the pre-bundled status and that it's not me getting a different release or having total brain damage and making stuff up. Tagged them here, because... reasons.

Yes. However, you can always go to the GitLab repo and download the latest full mod there.
Also, not to repeat myself, the mod is now pre-bundled.

To keep it simple: Yes

Edit: Rework the "ATTENTION" part of the OP again.
Congratz on doubling down on me. ;)

Serious question though: If your full mod is now incorporated into the game ... including the family switch ... doesn't that cause Trope problems with the support sites? Or does leaving the choice in the players' hand (pun intended) resolve those issues?

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Congratz on doubling down on me. ;)

Serious question though: If your full mod is now incorporated into the game ... including the family switch ... doesn't that cause Trope problems with the support sites? Or does leaving the choice in the players' hand (pun intended) resolve those issues?
A certain support site only get the Core+Decisions modules for their release. They need to either use the official family patch or download my family patch for the switch.

The patching mechanism for Part 2 will be a bit different. As you will only need to add an empty file called "patch" in the game folder. So this will remove that problem completely from support sites.

Edit: Ah, okay, I see what you probably want to tell me. I will add a dedicated link to my Family Patch module when I have the time for it.

Last edited:

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
I see an update just hit. Guessing you need a few days to update the mod?

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I see an update just hit. Guessing you need a few days to update the mod?
The mod should be included already. You only need to download bug fixes. Which you should, since I released one yesterday. :eek:
Mod is already updated. (y)

(The link for Mega is, anyway, just snagged it.)
Yeah, I have a little heads up for the releases but forgot to update the bugfix in the OP yesterday. :)

Reactions: TheSidewinder

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Excuse the slow brain of an elderly gentleman....

Do I not only need to DL "the complete multimod 10B" but also older bugfixes?

Really tried to figure it out by reading back on this thread but the coin seems to be stuck, not falling down

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Excuse the slow brain of an elderly gentleman....

Do I not only need to DL "the complete multimod 10B" but also older bugfixes?

Really tried to figure it out by reading back on this thread but the coin seems to be stuck, not falling down
Just download the compelete mod and you're good.

I did a poll for another mod and that made me decide, that I'll just release complete mod packages from now on, even when I do bug fixes.
Download the one file that is in the linked folders and you're good. :)

Edit:
There was another problem, that wasn't code related. Still did some stuff and uploaded some more versions, including fully modded win/linux build and a bug-fix only DL.
The links are in my file hosts folder (the 0.10B.2-pc-HQ sub-folder) and also linked here.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020
Just download the complete mod and you're good.

I did a poll for another mod and that made me decide, that I'll just release complete mod packages from now on, even when I do bug fixes.
Download the one file that is in the linked folders and you're good. :)

Edit:
There was another problem, that wasn't code related. Still did some stuff and uploaded some more versions, including fully modded win/linux build and a bug-fix only DL.
The links are in my file hosts folder (the 0.10B.2-pc-HQ sub-folder) and also linked here.
So what do I do I am completely confused? I downloaded the complete full windows game compressed latest version but what should I download then in order?