Mod Ren'Py My Dorm Multi-Mod [v0.12 + Part 2 fixes][RiamMar]

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I'm also confused so I will just download the mod and if that doesn't work then I will apply the bugfix, if you had a bugged version why not replace it with the fixed one instead of having two download links, if this is a bug fix only for people who get an error, why not place it beneath the regular download links while stating so? because the way the thread is laid out the bugfix looks like it's more important that the mod file itself.
The bugfix is not for the mod but for the game. That's why it's not listed here directly.

I have included it in the mod so players using my mod don't have to download two files?

Yes, the bugfix is more important than the mod, since the mod is included in the game for two versions already.

That's why I posted the bugfix in the games thread first and updated the mod to include the fix for those that still download the mod!

If one clicks the download links in the download sections, the first file tells you with it's filename "bugfix included in mod".
Soooooo..... Question: What can I do to make it less confusing?
It's a one file download. That file is linked with "ATTENTION" in big red letters. That file is the complete mod, as it says in the file name.

I'm actually getting confused here. I have an idea, tell me if the new OP is better. Gimme a few minutes to write it.

Sasarko99

Jun 13, 2018
The bugfix is not for the mod but for the game. That's why it's not listed here directly.

I have included it in the mod so players using my mod don't have to download two files?

Yes, the bugfix is more important than the mod, since the mod is included in the game for two versions already.

That's why I posted the bugfix in the games thread first and updated the mod to include the fix for those that still download the mod!

If one clicks the download links in the download sections, the first file tells you with it's filename "bugfix included in mod".
Soooooo..... Question: What can I do to make it less confusing?
It's a one file download. That file is linked with "ATTENTION" in big red letters. That file is the complete mod, as it says in the file name.

I'm actually getting confused here. I have an idea, tell me if the new OP is better. Gimme a few minutes to write it.
OOOH, now I get it, yeah this makes more sense. thanks for the clarification.

Prj3tC

Feb 8, 2020
So, if I get it right, then:
MyDorm-MultiMod-Complete-v0.10B.zip (which itself is redundant, since it's incorporated in the game) contains the contents of MyDorm-v0.10B.2-bugfix.zip, which is in turn compatible with 0.10B.3, and 0.10B.3 doesn't need additional patching. (B.2 patch suffices)
OK, fine, thanks!

Reactions: RiamMar

MainL

Sep 7, 2019
Can this use for android ?
Before i try using joyplay but not work only force close after loading

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Can this use for android ?
Before i try using joyplay but not work only force close after loading
There's an APK in the game thread. The mod is available in both versions.
The pre-patched version has the family patch installed. Just downloaded the APK to test it on my phone and it worked.
I have no experience with joyplay, but I would assume it should work as well.

Quoting OP for v0.10B.3
Android: MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - -
Android(Pre-patched): MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - -

nwoguy

May 30, 2017
I am confused, been playing these games a long time, installing mods is not new to me. I downloaded the mod, and I am not seeing any of the menus shown anywhere, so what was it I downloaded

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I am confused, been playing these games a long time, installing mods is not new to me. I downloaded the mod, and I am not seeing any of the menus shown anywhere, so what was it I downloaded
I am not sure. Especially since the mod is prebundled. You should at least see the "Decisions" in the menu.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
all I see is the standard preference screen
The mod doesn't add any new preferences yet. What you see in the "Sneak Peaks" is what I'm working on for My Dorm Part 2, which is planned to be release in September. I don't have enough coffee in my system, so if I get the month wrong TropecitaGames can correct me. Part 2 is the split due to the file size breaking the limits for APKs on Android and keeping the file size reasonably for PC.

The mod for Part 1 only adds the Decisions tab in the top left and, if you downloaded the complete mod here, the switch for the incest patch.

Reactions: Trope95

nwoguy

May 30, 2017
The mod doesn't add any new preferences yet. What you see in the "Sneak Peaks" is what I'm working on for My Dorm Part 2, which is planned to be release in September. I don't have enough coffee in my system, so if I get the month wrong TropecitaGames can correct me. Part 2 is the split due to the file size breaking the limits for APKs on Android and keeping the file size reasonably for PC.

The mod for Part 1 only adds the Decisions tab in the top left and, if you downloaded the complete mod here, the switch for the incest patch.
well earlier you said I should be able to see decisions, I don't even see that, I played through the intro, I am on day 3

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
all I see is the standard preference screen
In your screenshot, in the upper-right corner, you see the Decisions menu and Family patch state. Those are the features the mod adds right now. The Decision menu is pre-bundled in every release, and the Family patch only in the Android pre-patched one.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
well earlier you said I should be able to see decisions, I don't even see that, I played through the intro, I am on day 3
In your screenshot, in the upper-right corner, you see the Decisions menu and Family patch state. Those are the features the mod adds right now. The Decision menu is pre-bundled in every release, and the Family patch only in the Android pre-patched one.
And the decisions will only show up after they are available in the game. So right after the intro, you may see the characters, but not the choices yet to be made. It's so you can change your choices later but aren't spoiled by looking at the tab for the available decisions for the characters.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
And the decisions will only show up after they are available in the game. So right after the intro, you may see the characters, but not the choices yet to be made. It's so you can change your choices later but aren't spoiled by looking at the tab for the available decisions for the characters.
Also, in case it isn't clear, you have to actually load a game to see those decision choices. So if you just started the game before there are any decisions, they won't show up, but if you're in chapter 9, all the decisions you had to make before that will be there to be reviewed and changeable.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RiamMar and Trope95

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Soooooo ... just for clarity, the 10B complete patch will work until further notice, or will there be an 11a complete patch?

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Yes, but ...

View attachment 2709950

Wasn't there when I checked before posting my question ...:p

... and still not ...
Mind I remind you what you posted not too long ago?

Have a fun vacation. We'll make sure to harass RiamMar while you're gone! (At least he won't have to worry about you jumping in to answer his threads before he can ;))
Didn't you quote a timetable with release dates for the game? Hmm? Hmmm? :ROFLMAO:

I'll update the mod later this week before/on Friday… probably…

You could ask, "WHY NOT NOW?"
And I would say: "Calm your horsies Cap'n."

My intention is to not produce more confusion by posting a different version too early before release. There's enough time for that after the release. I don't have to add to that. Did I do that now? Is that what xapican meant with "talkaktive" in their post? I… don't… know…

Edit:
Just read the post again. Is that what you meant with harassment?
And I fell for it!

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Edit:
Just read the post again. Is that what you meant with harassment?
And I fell for it!
Partially yes, mostly no, and you kinda set yourself up by it being available early with both 10 releases. But also, I did come and look and ask because it's available for the high Patreon tier now (not that I'm at that level, but I like to be on top of such things when I can).

However, I no longer need to ask the first question, so thanks for that ;)

Reactions: RiamMar