S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
View attachment 3650165 View attachment 3650166
Wrong thread maybe?:WaitWhat:
What Part of this Game has AI in it?
Well Trop has said that he's using AI generated images for the DnD characters when the DnD session happens in game.
So, as it stands there's no AI, but there's still going to be more than there should be.

But yea, while I agree with the poster, I'm not sure what caused that comment just yet

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TropecitaGames

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Well Trop has said that he's using AI generated images for the DnD characters when the DnD session happens in game.
So, as it stands there's no AI, but there's still going to be more than there should be.

But yea, while I agree with the poster, I'm not sure what caused that comment just yet
Yeah I know about the DnD Characters but I was just confused why He mentioned that now....

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Depends on what you use it for. I could see it being useful for props (weapons, mops and so on) and maybe generic backgrounds / settings. I wouldn't use it for character models (even if their hands were hidden so you couldn't count fingers :sneaky:).
Yeah I think that User means AI cg for Characters which to be fair is a really big hit or miss, for props you could use it maybe

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Nothing right now, but the Dev could start using that abomination if enough people are okeying it.
I was talking about a possible future feature of the game, not a present one.
Comes a bit anxious across, I mean it seems (to me) you are painting a worst case scenario already, did you see any of the AI CG which only come into game in a certain occasion?
yes I share yours and Satous point of view of not liking AI CG.
On the other hand I trust Trope that he will find a good middle.
As well I 'm shure that he will answer you and calm a bit your fear.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TropecitaGames

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Some of the other users aren't against the use of AI cg in the game, something which I despise with every fiber of my being.
Nothing right now, but the Dev could start using that abomination if enough people are okeying it.
I was talking about a possible future feature of the game, not a present one.
So, this is a preventive carpet bombing.

Let's get real:

AICG, is here. There's simply no avoiding it. It is too useful a tool to be ignored. What your feelings as user may be, really pail in front of it's usefulness. You will NOT stop the wave.

I could tell you Adapt and Overcome, but I will not. You simply don't even have a choice in the matter. It is a done deal. Whether you adapt or not, it is irrelevant. Your taste is not even a consideration.

Do I like it? No. It is what it is.

Now, let's talk about your attack on this thread.

There is a planned plot point that this Developer explained he will be using AI created imagery, why? It exists, it is useful, saves him a ton of work and money. Not only will this be a small usage and for a very specific scene, it is too small compared to his body of work.

Peace :(

Last edited by a moderator:

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Anything AI should be burned at the stake, and then you should take a piss on the resulting ashes. Like what should be done to Assassin Creed, I mean.
I disagree with you. AC changed the "open world" games forever. AC 2 was a great game, my favorite in the series.
About AI. I also disagree. I will love the medicines we will have in some years thanks to the AI.

Not for the characters, but for Emma's representations on the character sheets. The characters, as Xapi's post below shows, will be full 3D.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All Previews are from Tropes Discord, sorry If I was too forward and published it here without asking.
No problem with it, Xapi. They were also posted here.

So, this is a preventive carpet bombing.

Let's get real:

AICG, is here. There's simply no avoiding it. It is too useful a tool to be ignored. What your feelings as user may be, really pail in front of it's usefulness. You will NOT stop the wave.

I could tell you Adapt and Overcome, but I will not. You simply don't even have a choice in the matter. It is a done deal. Whether you adapt or not, it is irrelevant. Your taste is not even a consideration.

Do I like it? No. It is what it is.

Now, let's talk about your attack on this thread.

There is a planned plot point that this Developer explained he will be using AI created imagery, why? It exists, it is useful, saves him a ton of work and money. Not only will this be a small usage and for a very specific scene, it is too small compared to his body of work.

Your attack shows only that you are a fanatic, with absolutely no reason. Not only are you fighting an already lost war, you are even willing to attack without reason.

I should report you, but, I will leave you be.

Peace :(
I mostly agree with you. It's a tool and, as with any tool, it can be used well or badly.

My PERSONAL opinion on AI
AI is a tool. Only that. It can be useful for a lot of things (I named the medicine investigation above, but I can talk about material science too). So, I disagree with people who say AI is bad as a general concept.

About generative AI, it's also a tool. It can be used in a way that almost goes unperceived (like the uses it had in My Dorm until now) or someone can do a whole game with it. I've seen great art done with AI.
People can say the AI is trained with stolen material (art, text, etc.).

But I want to ask those people, without trying to blame or shame anyone, how many HS/HS2/Koikatsu games they have played. Those also use stolen material (that's the reason why Steam doesn't accept those games).
How many games made by developers who pirate (steal) their Daz assets?
Or how many games (not published here by the developer, including leaks) have they played. That is also stolen material. I repeat: I'm not trying to shame anyone.
Or if they have enjoyed looking at a (Roman copy of) the Discobolus by Miron (the original was lost). That is also a blatant case of stolen art.

I am against stolen material in any of their instances (even if I played pirated games and used AI). So let's leave the hypocrisy aside. I won't accept the "Stolen material is bad when it goes against my creed but good when it suits me". Let's see AI as what it is, a tool. A tool that is here and won't go away.

Most of the campaigns (at least the ones with more visibility) against generative AI are started by people who think their current job is in danger because of its existence.
If we go back some years, hand-drawn artists were against CGI movies (I'm old enough to remember the turmoil around Toy Story or the first Final Fantasy movie). I guess printers (the job, not the machine) were against typewriters (I'm not old enough to know). Cart/diligence drivers against trains, cars, buses, and trucks (not old enough to have lived through it, but I've read about it). And so on.

My Dorm uses AI. Yes. For simple things that would take too much work or money to do in another way. Zeus's pictures in Maddie's room are AI-generated. The Fat Giant picture in Samantha's room is AI-generated. Some other fan service pictures also. Oh, and a couple of specific textures are too.
And the pictures of the characters' characters in a sheet with almost no visibility during the DnD game (and the DM screen) will be AI-generated. I'm not talented at hand-drawn art, and I needed something very specific. I could hire an artist or do it with AI.

End of my rant

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
Some of the other users aren't against the use of AI cg in the game, something which I despise with every fiber of my being.
Good for you. Nobody asked, though, so not sure why you feel it appropriate to shove your opinion down everyones throats?

You know what I despise with every fiber of my being? Peaple randomly shoving their opinions (which carry no more or no less weight than anyone else's) in my face. :rolleyes: I'm guessing you don't care and wish I hadn't bothered posting; maybe let that percolate for a bit...

Last edited:

johnpouljones

Oct 17, 2023
Anything AI should be burned at the stake, and then you should take a piss on the resulting ashes. Like what should be done to Assassin Creed, I mean.
I once hit my finger with a hammer. Since then I have hated hammers. I believe that all hammers in the world should be burned. Because they are the ones who bruise the fingers of good people, right? This is a common way of thinking. No idiot stubbed his finger. It's all the hammers' fault.
4MDs.gif

4.10 star(s) 96 Votes