TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Another incest harem. Another sisters, aunts, mothers etc. (It's good that without a grandmother.) Another MC, at the sight of which, all the girls just lose their minds and undies. Another dull, vanilla romance. Everyone around is fucking with tears of happiness in their eyes.
This game is as good as hundreds of other carbon copy games.
I partly agree with you but, if you simplify it to that extreme, you can find yourself saying things like (choose the option you like the least):
* Top Gun Maverick: another airplane movie.
* Avatar or Starwars: another alien movie
* Titanic: another shipwreck movie
* Avengers Endgame: another superhero movie
* The Lion King (2019): I had literally already seen it in 1994
Those movies are as good as hundreds of other carbon copy ones.

And I would also partly agree with you. And that list only includes 6 of the 11 highest-grossing movies in film history.

I'm not comparing My Dorm to any of those movies, but if you simplify everything you can say:
* Any game on F95: Another game where the MC fucks.

And I would still partly agree with you.

Best of all, at Latest Games & Updates there are 423 pages of games, at 30 games per page, 12,690 games to try and find one that you consider 100% original.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
I partly agree with you but, if you simplify it to that extreme, you can find yourself saying things like (choose the option you like the least):
* Top Gun Maverick: another airplane movie.
* Avatar or Starwars: another alien movie
* Titanic: another shipwreck movie
* Avengers Endgame: another superhero movie
* The Lion King (2019): I had literally already seen it in 1994
Those movies are as good as hundreds of other carbon copy ones.

And I would also partly agree with you. And that list only includes 6 of the 11 highest-grossing movies in film history.

I'm not comparing My Dorm to any of those movies, but if you simplify everything you can say:
* Any game on F95: Another game where the MC fucks.

And I would still partly agree with you.

Best of all, at Latest Games & Updates there are 423 pages of games, at 30 games per page, 12,690 games to try and find one that you consider 100% original.
Bro, the most important thing is that you enjoy your game. Everything else is secondary, including my opinion on this matter. So no need to convince me that your game is original and distinctive. The best thing you can do with my post is to read it and think about it. Maybe this will give you some idea, or maybe you will decide that I wrote complete nonsense. It's up to you.

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Bro, the most important thing is that you enjoy your game. Everything else is secondary, including my opinion on this matter. So no need to convince me that your game is original and distinctive. The best thing you can do with my post is to read it and think about it. Maybe this will give you some idea, or maybe you will decide that I wrote complete nonsense. It's up to you.
Thanks for trying My Dorm, Rintal. No bad blood on my part, take my answer as a humorous one.
Note that I haven't talked about My Dorm in my post (other than to say that it does not measure up to the films I have named); I didn't want to convince you of anything.
Your opinion is as legitimate as any other player's, since there are as many opinions as there are players, and every opinion is welcome, as receiving constructive criticism is the only way to improve. It has to be something very blatant for me to say that a player's opinion is nonsense.
I know that a particular game, be it mine or any other, cannot please the entire audience as every gamer has different tastes. Not even the Iberian Ham has managed to please everyone.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Oh, yeah, I hope he reads your post and doesn't forget to add the Grandmother that is arriving next update or 2, to the harem.

Thanks for that reminder.

Unlike you Rintal I happen to find this particular genre of games quite interesting. All the things you railed about are exactly what I like about it. Simple story, wholesome relationships, a fantasy of seduction, family members to turn into lovers... All that is absolutely my jam.

You see, tastes are quite personal, they are indeed linked to the foundations of our identity, most of that is established before we are 15 years old, a lifetime ago for me, too late to change now. What is the relevance of this? Well, your taste and mine are as valid as any other, yet, you expressed your dislike in a rather disrespectful manner. Giving the appearance that you presume to be the owner of the only taste that matters, while it is true when applied to you, it only applies to you. While writing in a public forum like this one, maybe consider the limits of your relevance. You are entitled to your opinion, you are not entitled to disrespect anyone with it. Maybe think a bit about this, I don't expect you to like it, just that you think about it for a bit.

Peace :)

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Oh, yeah, I hope he reads your post and doesn't forget to add the Grandmother that is arriving next update or 2, to the harem.

Unlike you Rintal I happen to find this particular genre of games quite interesting. All the things you railed about are exactly what I like about it. Simple story, wholesome relationships, a fantasy of seduction, family members to turn into lovers... All that is absolutely my jam.

You see, tastes are quite personal, they are indeed linked to the foundations of our identity, most of that is established before we are 15 years old, a lifetime ago for me, too late to change now. What is the relevance of this? Well, your taste and mine are as valid as any other, yet, you expressed your dislike in a rather disrespectful manner. Giving the appearance that you presume to be the owner of the only taste that matters, while it is true when applied to you, it only applies to you. While writing in a public forum like this one, maybe consider the limits of your relevance. You are entitled to your opinion, you are not entitled to disrespect anyone with it. Maybe think a bit about this, I don't expect you to like it, just that you think about it for a bit.

I would never forget the Grandmother. She arrives (more or less) for Christmas time, and what is a Christmas without MC's Meemaw?
She will come with an unexpected present!

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
I think the dev got the names of his own characters mixed up. In the 2nd scene with Erika (the goth cousin) the narration calls her Daphne (the redhead) when she ran out of the room after her fake tatoos started wearing off. Oops.

Or not. I guess she was disguised as Erika? If so, why? Apparently that's not necessary to get the MC's big D.

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I think the dev got the names of his own characters mixed up. In the 2nd scene with Erika (the goth cousin) the narration calls her Daphne (the redhead) when she ran out of the room after her fake tatoos started wearing off. Oops.

Or not. I guess she was disguised as Erika? If so, why? Apparently that's not necessary to get the MC's big D.
It's explained a couple of scenes later

Reactions: NakedSingularity

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022

You need to keep clicking...

click.gif

Rintal

May 6, 2017

Bla-bla-bla...

a fantasy of seduction
Yeah. This is exactly what is missing in these games. I also like this setting, but in most of these games there is no element of seduction and no fantasy at all. Family members just instantly and without much thought, jump on MC's dick. Simply because he is such a sweetheart. After that we see a primitive, cliched sex scene. Undress - oral sex - sex in several positions - simultaneous orgasm. And all this is repeated from game to game.
Good for you if you can enjoy such sameness.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Yeah. This is exactly what is missing in these games. I also like this setting, but in most of these games there is no element of seduction and no fantasy at all. Family members just instantly and without much thought, jump on MC's dick. Simply because he is such a sweetheart. After that we see a primitive, cliched sex scene. Undress - oral sex - sex in several positions - simultaneous orgasm. And all this is repeated from game to game.
Good for you if you can enjoy such sameness.
See, now that is how you do a critique.

I may not agree with you, but I can respect that. Good Job!

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
so... i activated the in-game walkthrogh but i don't get any suggestions? is not working or the first choices don't matter?
The first time the walkthrough kicks in is on the first movie night with Martha/Mom. It only shows in long-term decissions with consequences beyond cosmetics

Reactions: issue28

Vyktym76

Aug 20, 2018
Damn, never thought I'd see a nod to Henry the 8th in one of these kind of games. And the reverence to the (weird) movie Spanking the Monkey? Something I thought I'd never see anywhere. Nicely done Tropecita Games, nicely done indeed.

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Yeah I get that now, but at first I thoutht it was a bug that made it through proof-reading. I keep up with alot of AVNS (just about all that are in Daz with incest and/or lolis, and even just that is over 100 of them) and that happens too often.
It was a difficult scene with the girl's name. If I showed the real name at first, the scene would lose all its strength, so I decided to show the name the MC thinks is correct at every moment. It got a bit confusing (my wife's face was a gem when she read it for the first time) but it was the only solution that came to mind.

Damn, never thought I'd see a nod to Henry the 8th in one of these kind of games. And the reverence to the (weird) movie Spanking the Monkey? Something I thought I'd never see anywhere. Nicely done Tropecita Games, nicely done indeed.
The Henry the 8th scene had a Ghost (the Demi Moore movie) feel, so that song fitted like a glove. I love the good vibes has.
And the reference to was easy to choose. I wanted a recognizable film with mother/son incest in it. The list is not so long. The second incest movie reference, when Norah and Martha went to the movies they watch , is more generic, as is the movie. In both cases, they are recommendations by Norah. She has a weird film taste ;)

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
It was a difficult scene with the girl's name. If I showed the real name at first, the scene would lose all its strength, so I decided to show the name the MC thinks is correct at every moment. It got a bit confusing (my wife's face was a gem when she read it for the first time) but it was the only solution that came to mind.

The Henry the 8th scene had a Ghost (the Demi Moore movie) feel, so that song fitted like a glove. I love the good vibes has.
And the reference to was easy to choose. I wanted a recognizable film with mother/son incest in it. The list is not so long. The second incest movie reference, when Norah and Martha went to the movies they watch , is more generic, as is the movie. In both cases, they are recommendations by Norah. She has a weird film taste ;)
When the mc started singing that I immediately thought of Ghost.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TropecitaGames
4.10 star(s) 99 Votes