Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
more than enough ;) guess you have a job for at least three years
This post should be saved somewhere for future questions like that
When I started this project I thought about 22-28 full updates (0.7A+0.7B count as one on my book). After realizing the day with 30 hours has yet to be discovered, I updated my expectations to somewhere in the 34-44 range. So it will be around (tentatively) 2.5-3 more years.
As I develop the script, I discover a story I want to tell about a girl; that story will gobble 200 renders. 5 stories and I have another update.
What I don't want to do is to rush things. I'm enjoying a lot developing My Dorm, and I doubt I'll grow bored or tired of it in the future, so I don't want to have a (mediocre/decent/good/great) story with a horrible and rushed ending.
That's one of the reasons I have the epilogue written down. I want to arrive there, and having it "on paper" forces me to develop the game in a specific way, since getting there requires a series of stories to tell.

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
You can ask, and I am glad to answer :)

Not every girl will live at home with the MC. Samantha and Simone have their house; the same applies for Alexia, Maddie, and Megan. They can form part of the harem without living there when they join the harem.

The game will have three phases:
* The first phase will cover the arrival at home and the establishment of the harem. It will be closed in v.0.9 with the arrival of the first batch of students. It explores how family and old/new acquaintances are integrated into the budding harem.
* The second phase will cover their first weeks at home, the last arrivals (Grandma and 2 more ladies), and the stabilization of the harem. It also will give the opportunity to the player to impregnate all the ladies s/he wants to see with bellies in the third phase. It will cover the clone/spying plot, too. It explores the new ladies' story, the first bits of competitiveness, the newcomers integrating into the harem, and how the "first girls" interact with the "new girls".
* There will be a time jump (I'm still doing maths about how many months) for the bellies to develop and the MC to do some things off-screen. He won't be in Newport during the time jump, and it will be justified inside the story.
* The third phase is the MC's return home after the time jump. The bellies have developed, the last batch of students has arrived, and the harem is public now. When the MC returns, the second batch has been there for some time and they know about the harem. This phase will show their reactions when they meet the MC and, obviously their interaction with the other girls and how the MC romances them.
* Then a 22 years time jump for the epilogue, where we will know every girl's story depending of:
a) The MC is on her path. (Marriages, professional career, etc.)
b) She's pregnant or not at the end of the third phase. (Children, etc.)
c) Some other variables.
We also will know how the family as a whole (here the concept of family includes everyone the MC cares for) has evolved during those years.

I hope to have answered all your questions.
22 year time jump? Guess some of the kids will be graduating university, or currently in school. I assume the MC will now have his plan of taking over Newport and Westport (and Eastport and Oldport, etc.) either as a politician (with the wives and kids being a huge voting block) or established a business with the wives that will buy everything up. I assume expansion will be on his mind, when he is in his forties and still looks like he's in his thirties, still getting the 18 year olds.

Oct 21, 2022
22 year time jump? Guess some of the kids will be graduating university, or currently in school. I assume the MC will now have his plan of taking over Newport and Westport (and Eastport and Oldport, etc.) either as a politician (with the wives and kids being a huge voting block) or established a business with the wives that will buy everything up. I assume expansion will be on his mind, when he is in his forties and still looks like he's in his thirties, still getting the 18 year olds.
Yesss..... keep the global domination narrative alive! :ROFLMAO:

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
That's the reason for the 22 years time jump. Seeing the first kids graduate and expand the familiar business. There will be a politician in the harem and her career will have an important role in the epilogue.

Yesss..... keep the global domination narrative alive! :ROFLMAO:
First Newport, then California, the US... the World! :ROFLMAO:

I would seriously find it funny if something in that direction comes up:ROFLMAO::LOL:
Prepare your laughs ;)

Oct 21, 2022
I would seriously find it funny if something in that direction comes up:ROFLMAO::LOL:
100% mate :ROFLMAO: just a short cutscene of jumping around various capital cities, it "zooms in" on various podiums with "PM/President/King" on a banner and some cunt who deadass looks the exact same as MC, don't even try to make him look different it makes it funnier that way :ROFLMAO: ok that's enough imagination for tonight ;)

groudor

Feb 3, 2018
When I started this project I thought about 22-28 full updates (0.7A+0.7B count as one on my book). After realizing the day with 30 hours has yet to be discovered, I updated my expectations to somewhere in the 34-44 range. So it will be around (tentatively) 2.5-3 more years.
As I develop the script, I discover a story I want to tell about a girl; that story will gobble 200 renders. 5 stories and I have another update.
What I don't want to do is to rush things. I'm enjoying a lot developing My Dorm, and I doubt I'll grow bored or tired of it in the future, so I don't want to have a (mediocre/decent/good/great) story with a horrible and rushed ending.
That's one of the reasons I have the epilogue written down. I want to arrive there, and having it "on paper" forces me to develop the game in a specific way, since getting there requires a series of stories to tell.
It's a good way to get a work done: choose an objective and go forward to it in the best way, adding graciuous bonuses if possible but never retcon characters or story.
I am in this forum for quite a time and i have the impression that your game have the potential to be an exemplary game in this field like Once in a Lifetime, NowandThen or Parental Love. Hope you stick with this quality over time and if that happen i will be more than happy to support

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
It's a good way to get a work done: choose an objective and go forward to it in the best way, adding graciuous bonuses if possible but never retcon characters or story.
I am in this forum for quite a time and i have the impression that your game have the potential to be an exemplary game in this field like Once in a Lifetime, NowandThen or Parental Love. Hope you stick with this quality over time and if that happen i will be more than happy to support
About the retconning, my intention is to not touch the story of each of the characters, but sometimes we writers are not able to fully reflect what we want. That's one of the problems about knowing the motivations and personalities of the characters, it seems to us that a reaction is self-explanatory, but perhaps we have not been able to lead the players to understand that part of the personality of a character and the players make us see it. As an example, in v.0.8 there are some dialogue tweaks that, without changing the story, explain better the reactions of some characters (MC in the bathroom with Jack, Megan at her home, and Eileen the first time the MC meets her).

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
That's the reason for the 22 years time jump. Seeing the first kids graduate and expand the familiar business. There will be a politician in the harem and her career will have an important role in the epilogue.

First Newport, then California, the US... the World! :ROFLMAO:

Prepare your laughs ;)
But that would no longer be called "My Dorm" that would already be called the " My Country" :ROFLMAO:

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
And at the end the last sequel would be “My Universe”:LOL::ROFLMAO:
You forgot about parallel universes.
The MC romances the clone cousins of all the alternate MCs from other universes.
The sequel will be called "Never Tired of Romance" ... Uhmmm... better not. Bad acronym.
"Galactic Influenced Love Fantasy" sounds better

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Throw in an alt-universe female version of the MC and you've got yourself a deal.
As we all know the MC looks older than his real age... his alternate female version will look into her 40s
SPOILER: The real MC is Martha. She's from the alt-universe and she traveled to the My Dorm universe to romance that universe's MC. She will return to hers once impregnated.

1671305196761.png

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
As we all know the MC looks older than his real age... his alternate female version will look into her 40s
SPOILER: The real MC is Martha. She's from the alt-universe and she traveled to the My Dorm universe to romance that universe's MC. She will return to hers once impregnated.
homelander-the-boys.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Trope95
4.00 star(s) 101 Votes