Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
This is jokes.

"You must remember that Alabama exists"

next choice

"We're not in Alabama"

:ROFLMAO:
For some of us people from outside the USA, Alabama has a reputation for being the incest paradise, but I don't know if it's a worldwide reputation or if it's real; so I wanted to remind the players of that reputation and, obviously, if the topic of conversation just came up, that thought is logical.
Alabama comes up again not long after that joke, during the "Paint Battle" scene.

• Haha
Reactions: Repuci

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
For some of us people from outside the USA, Alabama has a reputation for being the incest paradise, but I don't know if it's a worldwide reputation or if it's real; so I wanted to remind the players of that reputation and, obviously, if the topic of conversation just came up, that thought is logical.
Alabama comes up again not long after that joke, during the "Paint Battle" scene.
most of the southern US has a reputation, and I am from Canada.

Reactions: Trope95

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
About the same amount of incest everywhere in the world.
South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Mauritania and Nigeria are some of the countries with the most incest through consanguineous marriage.

Not just southern US but all over the country but the middle east out past the rest of the world for incest.

What State Has The Most Incest

The states with the highest incest incidence rates are; Kentucky, Maine, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, Georgia, Oregon, Indiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, West Virginia, Montana, Alabama, and South Dakota.

Alabama was a joke that kept going on and became the normal reply for incest even though there was very little incest at the time.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
It has that reputation here inside Yanquilandia, as well.
That 'Yanquilandia' ringed a bell from a Spanish speaker ;).
As a not-related question, and if I am not mistaken in believing that you speak Spanish (sorry if I am), do you play the game in the English or Spanish version?

I think for most of western culture, the southern US and the Appalachian zone have that rep.
I was meaning more in the line of if an Indonesian (for example, nothing against Indonesians) player would get that reference without context. I wanted to establish the Alabama thing before the 'Paint Battle' scene and Norah's farmer girl look.

South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Mauritania and Nigeria are some of the countries with the most incest through consanguineous marriage.

Not just southern US but all over the country but the middle east out past the rest of the world for incest.

The states with the highest incest incidence rates are; Kentucky, Maine, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, Georgia, Oregon, Indiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, West Virginia, Montana, Alabama, and South Dakota.

Alabama was a joke that kept going on and became the normal reply for incest even though there was very little incest at the time.
I did the same research, but aside from Virginia and Georgia, don't ask me why, the other states didn't ring that incest bell in my head, and naming a foreign country wouldn't be logical for the characters. So I preferred to go for the most known incest state.

Also, remember this is an alt-world, 99% the same as ours, but that 1% difference allows me for some creative liberty. For example, the age of consent in alt-California is 16, not real-California 18. The same applies to the age to get a tattoo. Before any of you ask, no, there won't be any 16 years old girl.
And in this alt-world, Alabama rep is deserved:eek:

Reactions: a1fox3

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
TropecitaGames
California allows 1st cousins to marry. (Along with other stats.)
Wow! I searched for a list like that and didn't find it! This can ease the situation for Erika and Daphne, but does nothing for Emma or Martha. I did find that the only state that has a law similar to the Spanish one (Fuck anyone you want if he/she is 18 or older) is New Jersey.
1660743181994.png
The not marked lines are the Prohibited Relationships

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
That 'Yanquilandia' ringed a bell from a Spanish speaker ;).
As a not-related question, and if I am not mistaken in believing that you speak Spanish (sorry if I am), do you play the game in the English or Spanish version?
I discovered the game fairly recently and have only done one playthrough. I was thinking about making the next playthrough be a Spanish playthrough.

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
Then losing virginity by dildo is still losing virginity.
Feelings aside. wether she was practicing or enjoying them the act of kissing in which she was doing them is still a kiss. And the dildo regardless by herself or not if she sticks it in deep enough to break a hymen it still losing ones virginity again feelings aside the act is still done. If a tree fall in a forest and nobody is there does it make a sound? i was drunk driving, i swerve across the lines and hit oncoming traffic killing a person. I was not angry with that person but i still killed them. Am i not still going to jail? feelings aside actions still apply because it happened regardless how i felt. Ok my examples are a bit extreme but the meaning is still the same.

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022

As a person that has lived in Alabama for the past 45 years not one time have i ever heard of anybody doing incest nor have i ever done incest. I think the reason people always refer to alabama as an incest state is because easier to spell easy to remember also being a southern state we are known to be a bunch of dumb redneck hillbilly so it is easy to pick on Alabama as the incest state. While everyone that likes to make fun of alabama as an incest state most of those comments are made where everybody is reading,watching or playing a game that has incest in it. And just putting this out there. ROLL TIDE!!!

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
As a person that has lived in Alabama for the past 45 years not one time have i ever heard of anybody doing incest nor have i ever done incest. I think the reason people always refer to alabama as an incest state is because easier to spell easy to remember also being a southern state we are known to be a bunch of dumb redneck hillbilly so it is easy to pick on Alabama as the incest state. While everyone that likes to make fun of alabama as an incest state most of those comments are made where everybody is reading,watching or playing a game that has incest in it. And just putting this out there. ROLL TIDE!!!
Only case of incest I ever heard about first-hand was in Arkansas IIRC.
I think the biggest 'problem' with incest is that it is underreported. It's something that happens in the privacy of a bedroom and is frowned upon by society, so it's not usually reported and doesn't reach the public's ears. Incest is for most people the last taboo
I personally think like the MC, whatever two or more adults do in their bedroom, if it's consensual, go ahead and enjoy :cool:.

Also problematic is the definition of incest. In many places cousins are considered incest and in others they are not, for example.
Here in Spain, you can legally fuck whoever you want (or whoever allows you to), mothers and sisters included; the only requirement is that both are adults.
But you can't marry parents/children, grandparents/grandchildren, siblings, great-grandparents/great-grandchildren, uncles and aunts/nieces and nephews. I was especially surprised when I discovered that someone cannot marry their aunt even if there is no blood relationship, but you can marry your cousin.
In Portugal, you can marry your aunt or niece. I don't know if a couple formed by a Spanish aunt and nephew could get married in Portugal and have the marriage recognized here.
In France, you can marry your non-blood-related aunt if your uncle has died (not if they have divorced, only if he has died) by asking for a presidential permit. (Don't go killing your uncles, fellow French players ;))

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
I'm sorry to disappoint, but one family member won't get the pregnant option for reasons that will be revealed on 0.4.5. I won't spoil who she is. :cool:

Erika's tattoos have a plot reason to be there. I don't like tattoos personally, but I needed them for a scene in 0.7 (yes, that scene was planned before I started designing the characters' looks). They will be the protagonists of a couple of scenes.

That lunch scene has a purpose: It's the first time the family is shown together since the day the MC got back, this time in a stress-free scenario (Emma is not bombing it with her attitude). Everyone has a life with important and trivial things to do, their lives don't revolve around the MC, but every lady has a moment to think a sentence about him. It also shows it's not a dysfunctional family of cock-hungry women/girls. They all love each other, although there are some underlying rivalries that will play a role before long. I wanted a scene without any kind of sexual tension (they're not yet in the phase of group sex :ROFLMAO:)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Nooooooooo please don't make everyone get pregnant except one. That's so cruel. At least leave an open window for her in the future.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Nooooooooo please don't make everyone get pregnant except one. That's so cruel. At least leave an open window for her in the future.
Hahaha, it's not cruel, it's logical due to who she is. ;)

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes