Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Just want to say thank you Tropecita, you are pumping out content, we need more like you :love:
Thanks for your words skater555 .
I think of My Dorm as a contract between the dev and the players, especially the Patrons. They are paying a monthly subscription and I should provide as much content as I can, keeping the quality as high as I can, at least monthly.
I can accept any criticism about the quality, the plausibility of my scripts, or, especially, my English level and translation, but I don't want to be accused of being a milker. I've read too many threads where the dev publishes every 6 months (or more) and I can see the anger it raises.

skater555

Feb 22, 2021
Thanks for your words skater555 .
I think of My Dorm as a contract between the dev and the players, especially the Patrons. They are paying a monthly subscription and I should provide as much content as I can, keeping the quality as high as I can, at least monthly.
I can accept any criticism about the quality, the plausibility of my scripts, or, especially, my English level and translation, but I don't want to be accused of being a milker. I've read too many threads where the dev publishes every 6 months (or more) and I can see the anger it raises.
So true, which is why i wished a lot of other developers could have a bit more of your mindset. Either way, you have a new supporter with me next friday, keep up the great work! :giggle:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
So true, which is why i wished a lot of other developers could have a bit more of your mindset. Either way, you have a new supporter with me next friday, keep up the great work! :giggle:
Thanks once again, but don't pledge on Patreon on Friday, September 30th, wait for Saturday, October 1st. If you pledge on Friday, you'll pay on the 30th, and again on the 1st.
I know giving this piece of advice cost me money, but I like to be an honest dev :giggle:

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Certainly not trying to tell the Dev what to write - but it would definitely be better if the three from the second house moved into Marthas house with them and then did the total conversion @ Norahs house

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Certainly not trying to tell the Dev what to write - but it would definitely be better if the three from the second house moved into Marthas house with them and then did the total conversion @ Norahs house
The initial plan was to renovate the two houses one after another. Martha's was easier, as there were only minor works to do, but for some reason (I'm not an expert at construction, so I didn't enter in detail) they didn't calculate the budget right and there wasn't enough money to renovate Norah's. As they signed a contract with the college to host 5 students for the summer classes, there isn't any problem, and with what they make during the summer they hope Norah's will be finished in time for the autumn. It's not major construction work, as the rooms already are there. Only a second bathroom on the floor destined for the students is left, and joining the hoses (MC will do it after the Sunday conversation). It would mean moving some partition walls to make space for it and some plumbing before building the bathroom. But if they can't do it before the autumn term, the students can live there without problems... except for the problem that means 6 girls sharing a bathroom.
I haven't explained it in depth in the game because when I wrote it it was boring to read and I deleted it.

Reactions: BGRW2020

Byczer

Feb 1, 2020
I just finished the game. Renders are nice, girls are nice but after a while the story started to not interest me. Nice game but I guess not for me. I wish you continued success, dev.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
My Dorm - MiniMultiMod by... me

Version:
all Versions
If nothing dramatically changes in code, else up to at least v0.5. I suggest removing the textbox_fix with every new version and check if it's okay and put it back in if it's not okay.

Made a few little mods and don't think it's worth it's own thread. So... here it is.
As always, everything unintrusive. Hopefully no mod update needed for future versions. No copy-ing the nicest patch file every new version.

Read readme in archive.
TL;DR: download, extract and copy to "game" directory. Delete files you don't want.
  • family.rpy
    • Nuff said.
  • textbox_fix.rpy
    • Moves spoken text a few pixels up, so it doesn't cuddle so closely with the quick navigation
    • Input and Textbox are now identical
    • "Fixed" a weird textbox transparency bug (dunno why TropecitaGames added the background twice, but it makes changing the transparency bug out, when there was no persistent data...)
  • outline.rpy
    • For people who don't like textbox background, adds outline to textbox (name and text), input, prompt and quick nav

Downloads
MEGA -
workupload
Virus scan:

Download Family Patch
MEGA -
workupload
Virus scan:

If you like the mods, leave a... like! (man, my creativity is working overtime today...)

If you can, support the dev! Great game, I really like it!

Edit 1: I know, there is at least one dialogue with 4 lines (intro.rpy line 48) and the text cuddles with the quick nav excessively there...
Edit 2: Added version info and a link for people who just want the family mod.
Hi RiamMar ,
I've been studying your code and, if you allow me, I will integrate some of it (the text outline and the background opacity) into the game
The family.rpy file, I don't understand it, as it should be applied after a new version, the same as the original incest patch. If I'm missing anything, please tell me. I'm a Ren'py noob ;)

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Hi RiamMar ,
I've been studying your code and, if you allow me, I will integrate some of it (the text outline and the background opacity) into the game
The family.rpy file, I don't understand it, as it should be applied after a new version, the same as the original incest patch. If I'm missing anything, please tell me. I'm a Ren'py noob ;)
Yeah, integrate away. :) Thanks for asking.

One only needs to apply the patch on a "fresh" install. But! When a new version is released I (and probably alot of others) do the following:
  1. unpack the archive
  2. rename it to "My Dorm"
  3. copy it into ones games directory to overwrite the old "My Dorm" directory.
That means, I overwrite the patch.rpy everytime, setting the nicest variable back to False.
But if there is my mod file already in that folder, it won't be overwritten. And since my file is used to check for the relationship, it will always be the nicest relationship and there is no need for a patched patch.rpy.

So in short. It's not really something you can or should integrate. *squints towards Patreon*

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Yeah, integrate away. :) Thanks for asking.

One only needs to apply the patch on a "fresh" install. But! When a new version is released I (and probably alot of others) do the following:
  1. unpack the archive
  2. rename it to "My Dorm"
  3. copy it into ones games directory to overwrite the old "My Dorm" directory.
That means, I overwrite the patch.rpy everytime, setting the nicest variable back to False.
But if there is my mod file already in that folder, it won't be overwritten. And since it is used to check for the relationship, it will always be the nicest relationship and there is no need for a patched patch.rpy.

So in short. It's not really something you can or should integrate. *squints towards Patreon*
Thanks for the explanation and for your permission to integrate it :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: RiamMar

kwazi

Oct 19, 2017
I personally enjoy the whole process (birth excluded). I enjoy the failed attempts at impregnation, the successful ones, and all the content with women with their pregnant bellies.
As I don't want to talk about majorities, because I don't have representative data of the whole community, I prefer that the process follows its natural path and there are impregnation and scenes with women with visible belly, but one thing has to go before the other undoubtedly. And the tag rules force me to put the 'Pregnancy' tag the moment there is a possibility of impregnation.
totally agree with u

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
how easy is it to f up the harem route
cuz i played a game dont remember the name u pick one wrong answer ur done
You can't fuck up the harem route. My Dorm is a 'happy ending' game and you can go for all the girls without penalization.
At mid-game, some of the girls could try to arm wrestle the MC into a monogamous path depending on some combinations (f.ex, imagine you are on Erika's path but not in Norah's path and you haven't impregnated yet any family members; Erika could try to get MC for herself exclusively. It's an example, I'm not saying this combination will be in the game), but it will be the player's choice to accept the monogamous path or continue with the harem, convincing those girls to continue in the harem. Those choices will be clearly marked.
There won't be bad endings or Game Overs in My Dorm

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
You can't fuck up the harem route. My Dorm is a 'happy ending' game and you can go for all the girls without penalization.
At mid-game, some of the girls could try to arm wrestle the MC into a monogamous path depending on some combinations (f.ex, imagine you are on Erika's path but not in Norah's path and you haven't impregnated yet any family members; Erika could try to get MC for herself exclusively. It's an example, I'm not saying this combination will be in the game), but it will be the player's choice to accept the monogamous path or continue with the harem, convincing those girls to continue in the harem. Those choices will be clearly marked.
This is a refreshing way to look at things. I was already loving your game, now it grew several steps in my admiration.

Good job.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I kinda dissatisfied due to the lack of point system.
You know I've played very few AVNs, but a lot of them have a point system. I don't like the point system because it forces the player to hoard points instead of playing the game he likes. I've found myself taking an option that didn't like because it's the one that gives more points. I don't want that in My Dorm. If MC is in a girl's path, he'll do automatically all the things that "award points"
I prefer a system with fewer choices, but choices that give the player real control about what he wants, so the meaningful choices (if you like a girl or not, if you impregnate a girl or not, different paths with a girl (Romance/corruption with Daphne), etc.) are what marks the story development.

This is a refreshing way to look at things. I was already loving your game, now it grew several steps in my admiration.

Good job.
I think most players go for all the girls in a harem/no-penalization game in their first playthrough, but perhaps someone begins to dislike a girl mid-game because of her actions, so I should provide a way to opt-out of a relationship, kick her from the harem or, on the contrary case that only one girl keeps the player interested, be monogamous with her.
I know that's a lot of branching, but I don't mind a bit more work (right now, at 0.6 that will be published tomorrow for my Patrons, the tree has 4.251.528 branches out of 268.435.456 possible) if it's to give a more pleasurable experience to the player.
I also don't think a Game Over due to a dark choice the player did somewhere is enjoyable to anyone, so no game overs and no bad endings. The worst ending possible is if the player doesn't open any paths with the girls, so he ends up alone. But it's the player's choice.

kwazi

Oct 19, 2017
phew worried i would pick the wrong choice and game over

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes