MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Oh yeah they've got a lot of their own rules. I figured it was the weird Mormons, which is what I was referencing when I said we don't talk about them.
If you're talking about the folks in Colorado City/Hilldale, they're considered apostate "fundamentalists" and the Mormon church (officially, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) headquartered in Salt Lake City completely disavows them.

Reactions: Trope95

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Portugal, being a rather small country, has very, VERY, different expressions for normal things, from the North to the South, from the East to the West. Expressions used in Lisbon are reason for a derisive laugh in Porto.

So, expecting that even in the same State people would call and use the same name to things, is a lot stranger than people calling things different names.

Peace :)
...And European Portuguese is undeniably different from Brazilian Portuguese, which itself has several regional dialects (Baiano, Carioca, Mineiro, Paulistano, Caipira, Nortista, Sulista, and others), which are all different from Angolan Portuguese, or Mozambican Portuguese, or Cape Verde, or Macau, etc. etc.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
...And European Portuguese is undeniably different from Brazilian Portuguese, which itself has several regional dialects (Baiano, Carioca, Mineiro, Paulistano, Caipira, Nortista, Sulista, and others), which are all different from Angolan Portuguese, or Mozambican Portuguese, or Cape Verde, or Macau, etc. etc.
This isn't even about accents or dialects, it's about what people call things across the same country. Like... Girl, In the state of Rio Grande do Sul is called "Prenda" (gift), in São Paulo "Moça", In Portugal "Rapariga" in the Center, "Miúda" in the North, etc...

LOL

Peace :D

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
This isn't even about accents or dialects, it's about what people call things across the same country. Like... Girl, In the state of Rio Grande do Sul is called "Prenda" (gift), in São Paulo "Moça", In Portugal "Rapariga" in the Center, "Miúda" in the North, etc...

LOL

Peace :D
Or "gata" if the girl is hot...

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Bimbo was originally Mexican. I'd never heard of them until they recently bought Hostess (of Twinkies infamy). :)
Here that brand is from Mexico. lol
Yes, the brand is Mexican, but it was the first one to sell massively English bread in Spain.
We were heavy consumers of real bread pseudo-French style bread (no real baguettes, more irregular here in Spain) and other local types (pagès (semi-spheric), Castillian hogaza(round flatbread), Galician (loaf, round, or with doughnut shape), and around a hundred more types, most of them localized in small areas).
Now, the French baguette and the Italian Ciabatta have flooded the market and they are the most common.

And to keep the post on topic, Betty loves every kind of bread, especially if it has chorizo or jamón ibérico inside.
Or if it's round, flat, and has mozzarella and other things on it.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Betty loves every kind of bread
Bread in the US is world renowned... for its awfulness. :sneaky:
San Francisco and Alaska both have great sourdough (from their respective gold rush eras), but aside from that good bread is hard to find. I was amazed how much better a fast food burger tasted in Europe and it wasn't because the cows were different, it was that the bread was so much better.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
You only need to be careful if they are recycled (Like, don't chew on those you find glued under tables and chairs). Otherwise the gum is totally digestible.

Peace :p
Whew! Good to know. Thx, man!

Bread in the US is world renowned... for its awfulness. :sneaky:
You got that right! I've had a bread machine and make my own for 50 yrs. It's way better than anything I can buy and that from someone who can barely make oatmeal.

Edit: Yes. Before anyone asks... Sometimes I make Chiclet sandwiches.

• Haha
Reactions: Trope95
4.00 star(s) 101 Votes