Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
OMG, Trope, you are such a scoundrel. We are gonna get to milk Meemaw! Definitely gonna hafta add Dr. Milk to the family; even if it's just to give her our last name!
Look at her diplomas. It would be great if the family name was Quinn.
Oh, and thanks to your comment I remembered to add a couple of tags.

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
For pizza i typically enjoy pepperoni (which is an american sausage, order it in italy and you get bell peppers on your pizza. For europeans the closest analogue is salame picante) and sausage. Sometimes Green bell peppers and onions, sometimes ham and ground beef, sometimes linguica. The best pizza i ever had was at a small cafe in Rome called Bar Orchideria on Via Plebescito. The best pizza i ever had in the US was in New York City's Greenwich Village.
View attachment 3472601
NYC pizza, best in the world! :love:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
NYC pizza, best in the world! :love:
I won't pizza-shame anyone (not even people adding anchovies to it). But I disagree. NYC pizza is great, but Napoli pizza (and even Rome pizza) plays in another league.

I won't try to deceive anyone. I love all kinds of pizzas (even Chicago or Detroit, although not my favs), but this is one thing in which none of the copies have surpassed the original.

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
I won't pizza-shame anyone (not even people adding anchovies to it). But I disagree. NYC pizza is great, but Napoli pizza (and even Rome pizza) plays in another league.

I won't try to deceive anyone. I love all kinds of pizzas (even Chicago or Detroit, although not my favs), but this is one thing in which none of the copies have surpassed the original.
It could be, I've never had it. I've never been to Italy. (y)

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Look at her diplomas. It would be great if the family name was Quinn.
Oh, and thanks to your comment I remembered to add a couple of tags.
Haha Yeah, I noticed and I also noticed there is a phrase on each diploma that when taken together are definitely a non sequitur. Heh Jus' Sayin':cool:

• Haha

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
The only time I've had the opportunity to travel internationally it was to Italy, and the pizza you got in bakeries in Florence, Abruzzo, Pisa and Venice looked more like Detroit - rectangular pans with a medium-thick "bread" with variations using cheese and simple toppings - usually just one, maybe two, and nothing that looks like what we call "pepperoni" in the US. Now, restaurants, which would be a more likely tourist destination, had the round pizzas - crust thicknesses varied a little, but never "cracker" or "deep dish". They also did the multi-topping thing, though I don't recall "pepperoni" there, either.

I preferred the stromboli or calzone, personally. I'm sure Betty would have enjoyed the culinary aspects of my trip, especially since I found good wine most places I went. Wouldn't have been surprised if she didn't also bum a Cuban off of me on the patio. :LOL:

Deathcon1000

Jun 12, 2022
This update snuck up on me as I hadn't been following the thread the last few weeks. Well I'll add this to the growing pile of releases in the last week that I still have to go through. I have a feeling I'm not gonna sleep tonight just so I can get caught up. Thanks Trop!!

• Red Heart

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Moving away from other topics, I have to praise Trop, it has advanced so much in terms of work and the story of the game last years! he released two updates over a period of time, and never ceases to amaze with his work and activity next to the people who sit in this forum, great job, amigo! TropecitaGames (y)

this is to put it mildly, I didn’t play the update because of other illegal VNs.... but I’ll definitely get there (My dorm)

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
The only time I've had the opportunity to travel internationally it was to Italy, and the pizza you got in bakeries in Florence, Abruzzo, Pisa and Venice looked more like Detroit - rectangular pans with a medium-thick "bread" with variations using cheese and simple toppings - usually just one, maybe two, and nothing that looks like what we call "pepperoni" in the US. Now, restaurants, which would be a more likely tourist destination, had the round pizzas - crust thicknesses varied a little, but never "cracker" or "deep dish". They also did the multi-topping thing, though I don't recall "pepperoni" there, either.

I preferred the stromboli or calzone, personally. I'm sure Betty would have enjoyed the culinary aspects of my trip, especially since I found good wine most places I went. Wouldn't have been surprised if she didn't also bum a Cuban off of me on the patio. :LOL:
The pizza al taglio (what you get on bakeries or to go) is usually a simple (1-2 toppings, as you say) deep pan thing like Detroit's. Trattorias (not necessarily for tourists) serve the usual round pizza. Compared to American pizza it always has fewer toppings. Even the Margherita has more red surface than white.
I've traveled through 15 of the 20 regions of Italy and the pizza varies a lot. Rome's is crispy. Napoli's is thin and soft. North is usually a bit thicker but resembles more Napoli's. I avoid tourist restaurants when I can. Although usually is where you can get pizza for lunch (Trattorias usually serve it for dinner, although in the last 30 years it has changed a lot)
If you want something looking like American pepperoni you should ask for salame, but it's not the same.
Wine is a must in Italy. With Spain, Portugal, and France, the best wines in the continent.

El Pene Del Diablo

Oct 16, 2022
The pizza al taglio (what you get on bakeries or to go) is usually a simple (1-2 toppings, as you say) deep pan thing like Detroit's. Trattorias (not necessarily for tourists) serve the usual round pizza. Compared to American pizza it always has fewer toppings. Even the Margherita has more red surface than white.
I've traveled through 15 of the 20 regions of Italy and the pizza varies a lot. Rome's is crispy. Napoli's is thin and soft. North is usually a bit thicker but resembles more Napoli's. I avoid tourist restaurants when I can. Although usually is where you can get pizza for lunch (Trattorias usually serve it for dinner, although in the last 30 years it has changed a lot)
If you want something looking like American pepperoni you should ask for salame, but it's not the same.
Wine is a must in Italy. With Spain, Portugal, and France, the best wines in the continent.
If i'm looking for Itallian food, the closest to pizza I would go is calzone or stromboli. i'll stick to my own home style tastes for pizza.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
If i'm looking for Itallian food, the closest to pizza I would go is calzone or stromboli. i'll stick to my own home style tastes for pizza.
I never heard about stromboli (food, not volcano) until I registered in this forum. It has nothing to do with Italy and you won't find it there (outside tourist places, perhaps). It's an American thing that I would want to taste some day.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Such an amazingly cute, romantic , and funny update. Well worth the wait, but ending where it ended felt so unfair!!

Also, the saves made in the new release are broken. Tried to load a save made in the new content to check something and it gives an error
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

El Pene Del Diablo

Oct 16, 2022
I never heard about stromboli (food, not volcano) until I registered in this forum. It has nothing to do with Italy and you won't find it there (outside tourist places, perhaps). It's an American thing that I would want to taste some day.
I was just about to drive across town to the family owned diner-style italian place I used to frequent in college, it was almost like a subway for calzones, they'd fill it up and put it in the oven right behind them to cook.

looked it up and found out they closed years ago. RIP, that place was great.

• Sad
4.00 star(s) 101 Votes