Trope95

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
For all the options added to the menu in season 2's interface, it's missing the one i so desperately need. I have a big screen, it's quite uncomfortable to be constantly turning my eyes or my head to read from the very edge of the screen which the new textbox is anchored to. It's probably no biggy to most players given their setups but i really need to shrink the limit's of the textbox to the middle half of the screen. Also, it's just plain awkward to reading from the very edge anyways, websites go out of their way to center the bulk of the content on the middle of the screen and keeps the menus and ads on the sides.

Is there anyone who knows if this is a simple edit to some game file i can do myself? I can hardly expect the dev to make a custom patch just for me.
Unfortunately, there isn't any option you (or I) can change to show the text in a different way. I didn't code the interface and don't know how to modify it.

Damn. That is def going to be my new go-to euphemism when anybody asks what I have been up to lately. :LOL:

I'm scared to ask what an Alabama King looks like. Or an Appalchian King. :eek:

Well that would make me quit the game pretty quickly unless Betty very clearly and finally decided to stop being a nun.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Don't worry, you won't quit the game ;)

Don't read this if you haven't played 0.19, please

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Unfortunately, there isn't any option you (or I) can change to show the text in a different way. I didn't code the interface and don't know how to modify it.

Remember, at least half of those image titles are intentional snark and sarcasm ^_^

Still, I love the feedback.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Do you know who did or did you grab it from some obscure thread buried in some obscure website? If there's no way for me to talk to them myself is there any chance you could send them my attached image with the text of the comment i made? See what they think? I hope i'm not being too much of a bother...

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019

Now I'm going to have to remember to read this message when I finally get to play the update.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Do you know who did or did you grab it from some obscure thread buried in some obscure website? If there's no way for me to talk to them myself is there any chance you could send them my attached image with the text of the comment i made? See what they think? I hope i'm not being too much of a bother...
This is a question for RiamMar if he has the time ... the question being, could a slider be set up in the preferences so the text box could be squeezed to only show up in the middle of the screen instead of all across the bottom.

The biggest problem I see to this is dealing with the times there's multiple people "talking" at the same time, which is represented by their text showing up on either side of the screen. So whatever he could do would have to take that into account.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
This is a question for RiamMar if he has the time ... the question being, could a slider be set up in the preferences so the text box could be squeezed to only show up in the middle of the screen instead of all across the bottom.

The biggest problem I see to this is dealing with the times there's multiple people "talking" at the same time, which is represented by their text showing up on either side of the screen. So whatever he could do would have to take that into account.
I feel like the easiest fix that wouldn't mess with that is if the text could just be center justified, or more, the block itself, that'd keep the name on the left and situations where two or more people talk. Though again, i have no idea how to code so no idea what is easier on the back end. All i know is it is uncomfortable to constantly be looking at the bottom left of my screen when the 'action' is focused on the center, lot's of moving my head and i'm extremely used to reading subtitles for movies and tv shows since i'm half deaf, subtitles are almost always center justified.

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Is there anyone who knows if this is a simple edit to some game file i can do myself? I can hardly expect the dev to make a custom patch just for me.
I've made this. If that helps...

Screenshot 2024-08-01 104625.jpg Screenshot 2024-08-01 104636.jpg Screenshot 2024-08-01 110345.jpg Screenshot 2024-08-01 104648.jpg

Input and text prompt swap places, since else the input box would float somewhere at the bottom, which looks even more unprofessional.

I could reduce the "spacing" to the left and right of the multiple=2 boxes, but that would include even more math, which you don't want me to actually do with my headache, right now. I don't remember there being such long simul-spoken texts, so this should be fine?

TL was added after I made the screenshot.

Default is set to 1100x250 pixel, which is an estimación fundamentada or educated guess. I really need to go get back to learning Spanish...

I hope I got all the files! See zip attached as MyDorm-Season2-textbox-v2.zip.
Extract the archive. Copy and replace / merge with game folder. The archive contains contain (9) files (in various folders) and should overwrite eight (8) files in the game folder.

Created with 0.19, should work with all of season 2.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I've made this. If that helps...

View attachment 3887868 View attachment 3887869 View attachment 3887891 View attachment 3887896

Input and text prompt swap places, since else the input box would float somewhere at the bottom, which looks even more unprofessional.

I could reduce the "spacing" to the left and right of the multiple=2 boxes, but that would include even more math, which you don't want me to actually do with my headache, right now. I don't remember there being such long simul-spoken texts, so this should be fine?

TL was added after I made the screenshot.

Default is set to 1100x250 pixel, which is an estimación fundamentada or educated guess. I really need to go get back to learning Spanish...

I hope I got all the files! See zip attached as MyDorm-Season2-textbox-v2.zip.
Extract the archive. Copy and replace / merge with game folder. The archive contains contain (9) files (in various folders) and should overwrite eight (8) files in the game folder.

Created with 0.19, should work with all of season 2.
Thank you soooo freaking much man!

Reactions: RiamMar

Verasmile

May 18, 2019
Multimod patch is already included in the game (without the incest patch except in the Android Pre-patched version). It's there exclusively if any bug shows up in the mod, RiamMar can solve it without my intervention. It only includes the incest patch in the complete version.
Incest patch is... well... for incest ;). It's official (made by me) and universal for all updates (you only need to download it once and apply it when you download a new update)
That's weird then, I just noticed that in the last version I downloaded the other day the relationships are kinda fake.. Martha is the "mother", Emma is the "sister" and so on, as if they are not actually related. I don't think to have missed a part of the plot (yet at least) but I do have installed the patch only yesterday after playing for a couple of hours.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
That's weird then, I just noticed that in the last version I downloaded the other day the relationships are kinda fake.. Martha is the "mother", Emma is the "sister" and so on, as if they are not actually related. I don't think to have missed a part of the plot (yet at least) but I do have installed the patch only yesterday after playing for a couple of hours.
If Martha is the MC's mother and Emma the sister you have the ipatch activated which is the canon way to play.

Reactions: S1nsational

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Pushed the "Clones" button on the Main Menu?

4.00 star(s) 102 Votes