Trope95

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Okay time for my thoughts on the last update.

While i liked the pool party and the update overall I am glad we are moving back to smaller cast updates. Never been a fan of big group events since people have to go nelgected.

I really loved the Martha and Kim scene in the kitchen. Was nice to see the students view the dorm as thier home already and feel part of the family. A trend that continued as we talked to the other students throughout the update.

Eva snd Amanda were higlights for this update for me. The scene with the dolls was fantastic and a joy to watch. Their brilliant plan for tactical boobloyment was genius. And of course them going from needing time to sort out their standing with the MC, to literally running away to talk once finding out he wont date either until they do was super sweet and funny at thw same time.

While i loved both wholesome scenes with Betty and Meamaw, Nora going full mama bear with Kim doesnt grt enough love. Was nice to see Kate coming to terms with her complex feelings with some guidence and support from Nora.

As someone who isn't on Simone's path was surprised when the MC kissed her. Thought she hid what she was feeling pretty well since i imagine she still had a crush and that was probably a big deal.

The Alexia hottub sexcapade was awesome other great showcase of how good you've gotten since you started this project. The peeper for this scene was a very welcome surprise.

Very excited for D&D next update.
I took care that the "most neglected girls" in the pool party (Daphne, Lisa, Erika, Emma, and Saira) got the spotlight in the previous update, but I agree that a small cast per update is better for developing the stories. Although all those big group events since 0.14 (Beach party, Eva's lunch, Amanda's dinner, Amanda's lunch, Jazz Corner, and Pool party) were needed to create the family bonding (and show how it's created), so things that happen at the pool didn't come out of the blue. But it will take a while to do another big group event. They are exhausting to do.

Kim's feelings were clearer after that scene. In this case, it was the anti-trope "roommate falls for the MC but thinks it's wrong because what would the landlady think?". She is hesitant because, for her, the anchor in the family is Martha, not the MC. Why? It's also clearer during the scene Martha/Kim/Samantha.

Eva and Amanda (and Kiara) provided the (more) emotional parts in this update, at least as a writer. They are loose guns, and that contrasts a lot with her ultra-professional usual stance. But they are little girls too in a lot of aspects. Especially when it comes to their feelings. I'm eager to develop their stories.

Kate needed a push, and Norah was there. Norah is Betty's niece after all, so she notices a lot of things. She was happy to provide the push Kate needed.

Simone was more worried about Emma than about herself. Since Sam knew about the kisses, we can imagine she heard something, but in this case, after the MC and she decided not to test the waters, she thought it wouldn't include her. That was her surprise.

Alexia's scene wasn't "as good" originally. Had to re-render 1,512 animated renders because of the negative feedback from some patrons. The water movement was a lot worse initially. But thanks! I'm still learning. And one thing I learned from that scene is that making water behave realistically is almost impossible without postwork (and that's beyond my skills).

The DnD game will be a bit personal. My wife and stepson (both of them DnD players since we moved together) said when tested the first scenes that they conveyed the feeling of playing without overwhelming the player with rules that mean nothing in an AVN. I hope you like it.

exactly 2 years ago i played this game and i have the saves for the version v0.4.1b. Which part of the game should i download, the 1 or the 2? thanks
What Satou and Jaga said. I would add (re-)playing the intro once again, even if you don't rename the characters to get the family backstory.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Seen them but haven't tried them ever so I'll withhold any Opinion until I try them out. :unsure:
Saved my wrists, so I love them. That and thumbball mice. Apparently working 8 hours a day on a computer so I can afford to spend all my available non family free time also on a computer, when paired with my ehlers danlos = really really bad ulner nerve damage by the grand old age of like 33.

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
Just one?
This reminds me of an anecdote about one guy:
- You know, he bought himself a super car.
- Right? And what kind?
- Lamborghini Oneday.
- There is no such model!
- Because it's not a model! He bought it yesterday and today it no longer exists. :ROFLMAO:
Another play of the same type is the guy that drives a Rolls Canardly: it rolls down one hill and can hardly get up the next.

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
I took care that the "most neglected girls" in the pool party (Daphne, Lisa, Erika, Emma, and Saira) got the spotlight in the previous update, but I agree that a small cast per update is better for developing the stories. Although all those big group events since 0.14 (Beach party, Eva's lunch, Amanda's dinner, Amanda's lunch, Jazz Corner, and Pool party) were needed to create the family bonding (and show how it's created), so things that happen at the pool didn't come out of the blue. But it will take a while to do another big group event. They are exhausting to do.

Kim's feelings were clearer after that scene. In this case, it was the anti-trope "roommate falls for the MC but thinks it's wrong because what would the landlady think?". She is hesitant because, for her, the anchor in the family is Martha, not the MC. Why? It's also clearer during the scene Martha/Kim/Samantha.

Eva and Amanda (and Kiara) provided the (more) emotional parts in this update, at least as a writer. They are loose guns, and that contrasts a lot with her ultra-professional usual stance. But they are little girls too in a lot of aspects. Especially when it comes to their feelings. I'm eager to develop their stories.

Kate needed a push, and Norah was there. Norah is Betty's niece after all, so she notices a lot of things. She was happy to provide the push Kate needed.

Simone was more worried about Emma than about herself. Since Sam knew about the kisses, we can imagine she heard something, but in this case, after the MC and she decided not to test the waters, she thought it wouldn't include her. That was her surprise.

Alexia's scene wasn't "as good" originally. Had to re-render 1,512 animated renders because of the negative feedback from some patrons. The water movement was a lot worse initially. But thanks! I'm still learning. And one thing I learned from that scene is that making water behave realistically is almost impossible without postwork (and that's beyond my skills).

The DnD game will be a bit personal. My wife and stepson (both of them DnD players since we moved together) said when tested the first scenes that they conveyed the feeling of playing without overwhelming the player with rules that mean nothing in an AVN. I hope you like it.

What Satou and Jaga said. I would add (re-)playing the intro once again, even if you don't rename the characters to get the family backstory.
You do a great job balancing all the girls, big family events are just hard since even if they are not the focus everyone gets some screen time. Which of course means i want more from my favourites.

I am super pumped for the D&D game can't wait to see what you have cooked up.

Reactions: SpatulaPie

Vendovah

Nov 14, 2022
I always mix up Scarlet and Daphne without accompanying pictures, because Scarlet in AVNs is almost always a redhead's name.

I do better at remembering the names of the LIs I'd be interested in IRL, which is basically never the young'ns.
It's easier to remember Daphne's the redhead if you remember that she's also the redhead in Scooby-Doo

4.00 star(s) 103 Votes