Ren'Py My Early Life [Ep. 10] [CeLaVie Group]

3.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
Does episode 3 also have a a deadlock causing decision like episode 2? It looks like that, because 3 events with Lina again seem to be untriggerable.:unsure:

BritishDar1

Mar 22, 2022
Does episode 3 also have a a deadlock causing decision like episode 2? It looks like that, because 3 events with Lina again seem to be untriggerable.:unsure:
I didn't have any problems triggering any of the events in Episode 3 (v3.01). I did have problems in Episode 2 (prior to v2.03) and in Episode 4 (requiring a code hack or console event time change to complete). Some of the bugs seem to only occur under certain event completion orders though.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
I just found the problem: Lina needs to get a new dress (event 77). Then the missing three events seem to happen.
I don't know what made possible to trigger event 77 now after hours of trying, but Eve taking all my money except 500$ every evening, because very suddenly and of course totally accidently the roof or a window or whatever is broken, did not help... ( :mad: )

BritishDar1

Mar 22, 2022
Episode 4 89/90. 20:00 Lynn´s bedroom…In 20:00 Evě need money from me…
I had the same problem and have seen others post about it also, so seems like a commonly encountered bug.
I wound up decompiling and editing the script to get the event to run at other times, but saw Pianoman post a probably easier solution if you enable the console and edit the variable to change the event time. That post is at Post #451
Powershell console enabler UnRen-Powershell-forallv8.15.zip , then update
EVENTS[15].Hour = 21 (or your choice of time)

Reactions: Pianoman

ricola

Feb 28, 2017
Or you can change the time for the event in the console, its how I did. For example:
Code:
EVENTS[15].Hour = 9
Than the event triggered daily at 9 a.m. in Lynns room...
I'm now stuck in episode 4, 87/90. All tasks are 1530 in the bathroom, with same issue as explained above, no-one there. The events listed as not done in the console is 7, 75 and 79. Do you know of any way to restart those, so that I actually might get to see them?

Thanks

BritishDar1

Mar 22, 2022
I'm now stuck in episode 4, 87/90. All tasks are 1530 in the bathroom, with same issue as explained above, no-one there. The events listed as not done in the console is 7, 75 and 79. Do you know of any way to restart those, so that I actually might get to see them?

Thanks
I think those are all part of the same series of events doing a photoshoot with Lynn in the bathtub. To start that, you need to go to Bob's room at 23:00 when Lynn is there asking for money, then ask her to do the photoshoot in the bathtub. Once you do that, the bathroom scene will auto execute at 15:30. You need to ask for the photoshoot several times to complete the series.

Reactions: Pianoman and ricola

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
Comments on MEL4

This episode is about the same size as episode 3, and has no surprise twists, but instead focuses on a major increase in corruption level for the three FCs. It is really well done. There are no new FC's, no new locations in the sandbox, and no new tricks to get all the bookmarks completed, except one of the previous ones has been exaggerated a bit. I played the game through to 87 of the 90 bookmarks without any great difficulty, in about 5 hours of slow and enjoyable play. The three I missed were due to the novelty that CLVG increased the times an event had to be hit before a bookmark would be registered. In other words, you need to go to the same place and time multiple times to get a bookmark completed, and in MEL4, the count can go up to 10! The same two places to go, without any FC's present in the room, are both in the kitchen, where the MC can go to cook dinner and to do laundry. Otherwise if you keep going to the locations where the FC's are, you can finish this game without any need to get fancy.

The graphics in MEL4 are simply super, like all CLVG games. I'm not going to do comparisons, but this episode is even more interesting than the previous.

If you get bored with repetitions, remember to use the CTRL key to skip forward.

• Red Heart
Reactions: shynos

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Comments on MEL4

This episode is about the same size as episode 3, and has no surprise twists, but instead focuses on a major increase in corruption level for the three FCs. It is really well done. There are no new FC's, no new locations in the sandbox, and no new tricks to get all the bookmarks completed, except one of the previous ones has been exaggerated a bit. I played the game through to 87 of the 90 bookmarks without any great difficulty, in about 5 hours of slow and enjoyable play. The three I missed were due to the novelty that CLVG increased the times an event had to be hit before a bookmark would be registered. In other words, you need to go to the same place and time multiple times to get a bookmark completed, and in MEL4, the count can go up to 10! The same two places to go, without any FC's present in the room, are both in the kitchen, where the MC can go to cook dinner and to do laundry. Otherwise if you keep going to the locations where the FC's are, you can finish this game without any need to get fancy.

The graphics in MEL4 are simply super, like all CLVG games. I'm not going to do comparisons, but this episode is even more interesting than the previous.

If you get bored with repetitions, remember to use the CTRL key to skip forward.
Thanks for your input. Keep in mind that ep4 here is a leaked version and not the one that will go public within 2 weeks.
If you look at the text and images you'll see that the subevents are not equal. You don't have to go and see the same scene 10 times unless the girl is in bad mood. There are small progresses in each timeslot until a bookmark is triggered.

Reactions: denen

ricola

Feb 28, 2017
I think those are all part of the same series of events doing a photoshoot with Lynn in the bathtub. To start that, you need to go to Bob's room at 23:00 when Lynn is there asking for money, then ask her to do the photoshoot in the bathtub. Once you do that, the bathroom scene will auto execute at 15:30. You need to ask for the photoshoot several times to complete the series.
Thanks, that was it

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hope the "girls" get to interact with other girls soon.

Last edited:

Grober

Jun 1, 2019
Stuck on the 81st bookmark of episode 3, Groundhog Day has begun. Lynn does not react in any way, there is no nightgown. but every week I buy a dress for another

3.30 star(s) 38 Votes