Ren'Py My Early Life [Ep. 11] [CeLaVie Group]

3.20 star(s) 41 Votes

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Dear all
Everytime my games show up in 'Latest Updates' there are some visitors here that always spread a lot of 'bullshit'.
This time I would like to welcome them again :)
Your inputs are extremely valuable for me and I do my utmost to follow your advises ....NOT

Here is a little service information: Before you start yielding about my games - please read this on first page:
IF YOU WANT TO SCROLL THE PICTURES ONLY AND HATE GRIND - THIS GAME IS NOT FOR YOU.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE CHALLENGES - THIS GAME IS NOT FOR YOU.
BE PREPARED - EACH EPISODES TAKES MANY HOURS TO PLAY THROUGH .
BE PREPARED TO PLAY A GAME WHERE STRATEGY IS IMPORTANT - OTHERWISE YOU'LL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY THROUGH THE GAME.
IN ORDER TO AVOID GRIND FOLLOW THE DIALOGS CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THE GAME RULES.
THIS GAME HAS A LOT OF CHALLENGES SO PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO PLAY IT AS IT HAS TO BE PLAYED.​

It's obvious that you haven't read this before you start to play.
Next time you consider spreading 'bullshit' in this forum- please keep in mind that I offer this game for free for you. Not all dev's do that.

Keep in mind that I have spent more than 250 hours per month making a single episode.
Keep in mind that there has only been 1 month since July 2019 where I haven't released a new episode.
Keep in mind that the amount of content in each update is huge with many hours of gameplay.
Again - keep in mind that you get it for free.

If you don't like the story, gameplay, girls etc - it's okay - find another game and don't waste yours and other players' time. Just leave. You don't need to explain why.
Have a great day out there
Cheers
Bob

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Dear all
Cheers
Bob
I like your games, but sorry, forums don't work that way. This is not your personal thread, even if you created it. And people are free to say whatever they want. Express thoughts, ideas, feelings. If you don't agree with them, then that's your problem. You can argue with them if you think they are wrong or mistaken, or just pass by. But you definitely cannot tell others what they can do and write.

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
I like your games, but sorry, forums don't work that way. This is not your personal thread, even if you created it. And people are free to say whatever they want. Express thoughts, ideas, feelings. If you don't agree with them, then that's your problem. You can argue with them if you think they are wrong or mistaken, or just pass by. But you definitely cannot tell others what they can do and write.
In your part of the world you are very privileged to have such rights...

Young people those days, always scream it`s MY RIGHT, without even understanding those rights.

People have this illusion that you can say what ever you want and it goes without consequences, because they feel "mighty & powerful" with their keyboard. You guys are keyboard warriors^^

You know what freedom means?

I tell you: Julian Assange !

I tell you again: Alexej Nawalny !

And now I tell you what most here are: just rude, spoiled brats who never have done anything for the society or even care about society, and their rights - what they do care about are privileges to use them on the internet as a stress relive, because their angry mom told them to clean their room and now they need to went stress and save their fragile little ego^^

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
Dear all
*yawn*
Cheers
Bob
Well fuck me for giving you pointers on making a better game that more people would enjoy playing I guess.

Keep putting out your buggy fucking pigwank then, Ignoring advice, and wondering why your downloads and ratings creep lower and lower, I'm sure those things aren't related in any way.

People critique here because they WANT your game to be better, they enjoy what you do so much they take time out from being hunched over a keyboard with tissues in hand to go "Yo, this ain't great, improving it would be good" and in my case, I gave reasons and suggestions.

if you want to sit there and go "WAAAH YOUS PLAYIN IT WRONGZ" 600 times, then be my guest, but if so many people feel that way about your game, it *might* be an idea to take that on board.

Again, the grind is FINE, I don't mind working for my filth, that's cool, however, certain objectives and goals are NOT CLEAR, and even when you're doing them correctly, progress is NOT CLEAR, which should be remedied either with NEW DIALOGUE, or CLEAR PROGRESSION IN THE EVENT VIEWER.

Take my advice or don't, it's up to you, but good devs would, and have, taken critique like this on board for the betterment of their game.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Well fuck me for giving you pointers on making a better game that more people would enjoy playing I guess.

Keep putting out your buggy fucking pigwank then, Ignoring advice, and wondering why your downloads and ratings creep lower and lower, I'm sure those things aren't related in any way.

People critique here because they WANT your game to be better, they enjoy what you do so much they take time out from being hunched over a keyboard with tissues in hand to go "Yo, this ain't great, improving it would be good" and in my case, I gave reasons and suggestions.

if you want to sit there and go "WAAAH YOUS PLAYIN IT WRONGZ" 600 times, then be my guest, but if so many people feel that way about your game, it *might* be an idea to take that on board.

Again, the grind is FINE, I don't mind working for my filth, that's cool, however, certain objectives and goals are NOT CLEAR, and even when you're doing them correctly, progress is NOT CLEAR, which should be remedied either with NEW DIALOGUE, or CLEAR PROGRESSION IN THE EVENT VIEWER.

Take my advice or don't, it's up to you, but good devs would, and have, taken critique like this on board for the betterment of their game.
Hmm I do appriciate critisism - If you have followed the progress in my games you'll know that. What I really hate is the rude way you try to hand over your inputs. Things can be said in many ways - yours are indeed not respectfull and something that any dev's will ignore. I don't think that you ever had made such game - if you had - you'll know how much it require. No one can make a bug free game and especially not at the size and complexity that I have. Honestly you sound like a spoiled children that didn't got your candy last night. I do want to listen to your inputs but with no suggestion and just some rude garbage - I can't use your inputs at all.

Anyhow - have a great day

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
May I propose to read my inputs again.
First of all I agree that people are free to speak but I just suggest that - before they start to fill the forum with 'bullshit' - they need to think about the game is free for you. If you expect that it is constructive to speak in a very rude way- I can tell you - it has the opposite effect. If you go back in this tread you'll see that I always takes critisim very seriously when it has been delivered in a proper way. If critisism is delivered along with better suggestions it's even better.

Reactions: Mckellen

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
What I can see is that size of the game is not similar and some bugs have been introduced. Official public version will be released today. I advise you to play this version from beginning instead.
Why would somebody do that? A leaker who wants to damage a dev's reputation? Is there any other possible explanation for the size difference you detected which would make it more reasonable? Some failed attempt at compression???

mnonyhc

Apr 25, 2017
Celaviegroup
First time playing the game and getting stuck in stuff other people aren't.
Looked into the code and found a bug that was keeping me from doing event 21, one of the times Lynn tells you she wasnt using a bra set the wrong variable, and set "LynnToldBobAboutBra" so it was impossible to fix this through regular play
1709299821903.png

For people stuck in events 043, 044 or 045, like me.

This is literaly the dumbest... to get all the eve room events you have to watch her sleep 5 times in a row on the same day.
A guy clears the first few, and if they check the guide and it says just the last hours and would never realise.

Last edited:

Rintal

May 6, 2017
May I propose to read my inputs again.
First of all I agree that people are free to speak but I just suggest that - before they start to fill the forum with 'bullshit' - they need to think about the game is free for you. If you expect that it is constructive to speak in a very rude way- I can tell you - it has the opposite effect. If you go back in this tread you'll see that I always takes critisim very seriously when it has been delivered in a proper way. If critisism is delivered along with better suggestions it's even better.
You didn't understand me. I'm not advocating rudeness. I'm saying there's nothing you can do about it. There is no point in writing “you are playing for free,” “if you don’t like it, move on,” etc. By doing so, you will only cause even more negativity. So be chill about that. People simply express their emotions. The best way they can.

Reactions: Celaviegroup

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Celaviegroup
First time playing the game and getting stuck in stuff other people aren't.
Looked into the code and found a bug that was keeping me from doing event 21, one of the times Lynn tells you she wasnt using a bra set the wrong variable, and set "LynnToldBobAboutBra" so it was impossible to fix this through regular play
View attachment 3399619

For people stuck in events 043, 044 or 045, like me.

This is literaly the dumbest... to get all the eve room events you have to watch her sleep 5 times in a row on the same day.
A guy clears the first few, and if they check the guide and it says just the last hours and would never realise.
Hmm sounds weird - need to look into this. Anyhow, thanks

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Why would somebody do that? A leaker who wants to damage a dev's reputation? Is there any other possible explanation for the size difference you detected which would make it more reasonable? Some failed attempt at compression???
No idea - however I have seen that before. I remember that one leaker years ago changed a lot of parameters. I have no idea why! I always say that you need to be careful when you download an unofficial release.

Reactions: Mckellen

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
LOL'D!

This may be true, but it still doesn't change what I wrote.
It`s not my intention to change your words.

My intention is to question those words!

Your words simply made me cringe so hard that I felt the need to say something about it like a itch to scratch^^

I don`t actually expect you to understand my p-o-v.
But maybe if one in one hundred give it a try - it was not all a waste of time.

Anyways, you do you - it`s a free Pirate Ship after all.

But don`t get mad when I blow up your tasteless Grog^^

Some here live in the real world.

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
I don't think that you ever had made such game - if you had - you'll know how much it require. No one can make a bug free game and especially not at the size and complexity that I have.
I don't need to build a house to know that if the toilet floods when you turn the shower on, something is wrong.

I'm not expecting a bug free game, I'm expecting someone who can admit fault and go "ok, that part needs work, isn't clear, poorly worded" whatever it might be, and go "Right, people have said this is bad, how do I fix it" as opposed to your current attitude which seems to be "you've never made a game and weren't super highly mega polite to me, so I'm gonna keep my game as clunky and obscure as possible just to spite you"

Take the citicism or don't, I don't care, it's not my game, however, don't be surprised when month after month people come to your thread, critcising the same points over and over, that you ignored because the bad man was mean to you on the internet.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
I don't need to build a house to know that if the toilet floods when you turn the shower on, something is wrong.

I'm not expecting a bug free game, I'm expecting someone who can admit fault and go "ok, that part needs work, isn't clear, poorly worded" whatever it might be, and go "Right, people have said this is bad, how do I fix it" as opposed to your current attitude which seems to be "you've never made a game and weren't super highly mega polite to me, so I'm gonna keep my game as clunky and obscure as possible just to spite you"

Take the citicism or don't, I don't care, it's not my game, however, don't be surprised when month after month people come to your thread, critcising the same points over and over, that you ignored because the bad man was mean to you on the internet.
Sorry this conversation will never lead to anything useful. Have a great day anyhow. Still wonder why you're here if you really think my game is garbage.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
My intention is to question those words!
Well, in that case, you should talk about my words, and not indulge in lengthy discussions about rights, privileges, society and other philosophical concepts.
My words are very simple: this is a forum where people express their thoughts about games. And there is not the slightest sense in requiring them to express only certain thoughts or not to express them at all. Especially if you are not a moderator of this forum.
I can't imagine which of these obvious facts could make you cringe hard.

BiggusDikkus

Jan 5, 2018
Dear CLV,
I like your games well enough that I play them. Sure the grind can become tedious sometimes, but it's so in real life also. The bugs are a part of any on-going program, look at Windows, it's been buggy since '94 +/- and people still pay for that (Linux rules, and I occasionally need to use it to correct problems in MS because MS's tools are sometimes inadequate) ...and Microshaft is as responsive as a zombie. At least you interact with the rabble and try to correct what you can. Ignore the rest. Remember the parable of the Lion and the Ass.
There is something I would like you [folks] to work on. It is not a showstopper nor that important, but it is noticeable to folks like me. It's the hands. They don't always look like they are actually holding ...I mean groping... the girls' curves. I am an amateur-ish photographer who prefers film, so I notice silly little details in the graphics, and a professional gadgeteer whose code was so bad my boss took that part away from me and wrote it himself. If I was better at writing code my life would probably be more organized. Alas!
Anyway, the point is, don't argue with the rabble -they do it on every thread- just listen to those who have a legitimate problem with the game and fix that and listen to those who have good ideas for they could help you solve an issue you may not know you had. Your style is your style.

3.20 star(s) 41 Votes