Ren'Py My Early Life [Ep. 11] [CeLaVie Group]

3.20 star(s) 41 Votes

Kytolo Braven

Jul 3, 2017
15:30 and 16:00 in Lynn's Room - I believe this is the beach events with her. Just keep doing them.

Go to your room at midnight - This is triggered by getting cheated die and finishing the event in Lynn's room at 18:00. Keep telling her to watch a movie and after repeating that at midnight enough times you'll get it.

11:00 in the bathroom is fixed by those rpy files I posted. Just put those in your game directory and they should work going forward. Just show up a few times with more than a little arousal on Eve.

Same with 12:00 at the pool.

9:00 in the kitchen you just need to bribe her with enough money enough times. I don't know exactly how it works but I noticed that there are 2 events depending on how much money you pay.

TV room at 20:00 and the one below it are the last events. you have to complete all of Eve's events first (11:00 bathroom and 12:00 pool in your case)

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
Sorry this conversation will never lead to anything useful. Have a great day anyhow.
Probably not, seing as you're unwilling to accept any kind of critique, nor take suggestions on board.

Still wonder why you're here if you really think my game is garbage.
And i was pretty clear, or so I thought, when I said things like
People critique here because they WANT your game to be better, they enjoy what you do so much they take time out from being hunched over a keyboard with tissues in hand to go "Yo, this ain't great, improving it would be good" and in my case, I gave reasons and suggestions.
That I don't think your game is garbage, but it isn't a gem either, it's clunky, and it's average, and that's all it'll be if you keep ignoring people going "this is bad, change this"

At this point, it's plain you either have an unchecked ego, or are confusing critique of your game with critique of you, either way, things need to be changed, you'd do right to try and make the game better without compromising your vision.

dude if you dont like the game in any way no one is here to make you play it move on no one needs this kind of harassment

just take a hike a long one
Mate, I'm literally replying to him, and he replies to me, that is how conversation works. I'm not going thread to thread commenting on everything he does, nor am I saying anything out of line, I'm telling him bits of his game are crap, they are. He is well within his rights to ignore me, however, his game will not progress well if he ignores me, and people like me, giving citique.

As for taking a hike, I have no desire to see the other side of your mother, the front is awful enough.

Oh look, I can do the insults too :)

Last edited:

Kytolo Braven

Jul 3, 2017
I'll say it again...if you're paying bug testers or proofreaders they are freaking stealing from you... If you are not then at least try to find some volunteers that give a dam... I still like this game, I recently subbed (actually I did last month...but I did so on SubscribeStar since that's listed on the first post, not realizing the game was unsupported there so had to switch to Pat this month.)...but dang it this is still frustrating to see this stuff over and over not fixed when at least some of it seems like it could be caught and fixed in 30 seconds.
For the record, I'd bug test the shit out of this game if it meant not waiting 2 f-king months after each episode is ready.

Reactions: JPSmith and JoStark

cakeofdoom

Jun 3, 2017
Dear all
Everytime my games show up in 'Latest Updates' there are some visitors here that always spread a lot of 'bullshit'.
This time I would like to welcome them again :)
Your inputs are extremely valuable for me and I do my utmost to follow your advises ....NOT

Here is a little service information: Before you start yielding about my games - please read this on first page:
IF YOU WANT TO SCROLL THE PICTURES ONLY AND HATE GRIND - THIS GAME IS NOT FOR YOU.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE CHALLENGES - THIS GAME IS NOT FOR YOU.
BE PREPARED - EACH EPISODES TAKES MANY HOURS TO PLAY THROUGH .
BE PREPARED TO PLAY A GAME WHERE STRATEGY IS IMPORTANT - OTHERWISE YOU'LL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY THROUGH THE GAME.
IN ORDER TO AVOID GRIND FOLLOW THE DIALOGS CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THE GAME RULES.
THIS GAME HAS A LOT OF CHALLENGES SO PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO PLAY IT AS IT HAS TO BE PLAYED.​

It's obvious that you haven't read this before you start to play.
Next time you consider spreading 'bullshit' in this forum- please keep in mind that I offer this game for free for you. Not all dev's do that.

Keep in mind that I have spent more than 250 hours per month making a single episode.
Keep in mind that there has only been 1 month since July 2019 where I haven't released a new episode.
Keep in mind that the amount of content in each update is huge with many hours of gameplay.
Again - keep in mind that you get it for free.

If you don't like the story, gameplay, girls etc - it's okay - find another game and don't waste yours and other players' time. Just leave. You don't need to explain why.
Have a great day out there
Cheers
Bob
Going into defensive mode immediately is going to attract the abundant criticism that you get and then being disingenuous and condescending about it is going to make that criticism be delivered in a worse way. I don't usually comment so I'll try to be as respectful as possible

The "games" have no challenge or strategy, it's just arbitrary blockades and flawed bottom of the barrel "video game logic" that serve the sole purpose of making the game artificially look harder and feel longer, you keep banging that drum but it's just attacking your and other people's intelligence at this point.
Grind is fine when it's a mechanic. This is nothing. It's clicking. You made a boring clicker that has no results 80% of the time. Get over yourself.
If I'm going to play the game for "a few hours every episode" it has to be because of some meta progression or abundant story. What you're doing here is creating content that would naturally flow in 30-60 minutes and then unnaturally stretching it over the same 5 events every. single. chapter/game. Clicking 20 times through the same dialogue not only ruins immersion but it also doesn't "create" content, it waters it down.
The only reason someone with a personality like yours would give this game away for free on this forum is either because it brings people into your paid avenues or because you can't do anything about it.
Not judging your work ethic at all, I wish more people would put as much work into things as you do with these projects, but you're honestly just pushing the proverbial boulder up the infinite ramp. You will never get the audience and the returns for your work with this game development "philosophy".
Telling people not to talk on a forum about the topic of that thread, be it in a negative manner, is insane. Stop it.

This is not constructive criticism unfortunately, because you don't want any of that I'm sure. You're going to keep making the same old tired shit over and over again. So consider this just venting.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I don't know how you'll top the girls in My Early Life.
Best characters yet.

Mckellen

Aug 4, 2017
When are you going to release episode 7 Walktrue to the public or where can I download ?
And yes I started episode 7 again from end episode 6 with last released version but again stuck ad self defense (54), evening game (47), room(32) and cant unlock 48, 24, 25

En great game again but my mind doesnt work like your mind so I dont mind grind to some level :)

Reactions: a----t

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
I stopped playing after episode 4 - not because it's garbage, which it isn't, but because it's broken.
It's not garbage, because the graphical character design is excellent. And I also like the story connection between the different games. Reminds me a bit to a Matryoshka doll. Others might dislike that design. I like it.
But: The game logic is simply not good. If events are unreachable and/or unfinnishable, that's a clear signal that the intended game design is too complicated even for the developer to handle. The reported code bugs show that. That definitely needs a simplification. I cannot imagine that a game developer enjoys frustrating the players.
Until the public version of the last episode will be released, I won't try any episode anymore, since I have lost the faith, that the game will be playable without frustration before that.
Nevertheless I wish the dev the very best. And some sense for constructive criticism, that wants to improve the game and not insult the dev.

Reactions: Pirate1

smokey5144

Feb 25, 2022
Can somebody give me some help with episode 1? I can't figure out if I'm missing something or just haven't done enough grinding.

All of the girls "how to progress" hints are pretty much the same: take pictures, ask about boyfriends, and for Lynn buy clothes and ask her what she'd like. I've been taking fuckloads of pictures, but can't really figure out how to do the other two. None of them seem to want to talk about boyfriends, and while I've helped Lynn buy panties a couple times in exchange for pictures, I'm not sure if there's something else I should be doing.

I have 66 of 77 events. Event 16 says 17:00 in the dining room, but nothing happens except dinner. Event 21 says 22:00 in the TV room, but Lynn just takes the chips and goes to bed.

Also, I studied 10/10 on yoga and then yoga has never been mentioned again. There's a counter for hacking but no ability to study it. I'm at 10/10 on photography and have around 6 grand in cash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. There's some good stuff here, but this game is frustrating AF.

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
Can somebody give me some help with episode 1? I can't figure out if I'm missing something or just haven't done enough grinding.

All of the girls "how to progress" hints are pretty much the same: take pictures, ask about boyfriends, and for Lynn buy clothes and ask her what she'd like. I've been taking fuckloads of pictures, but can't really figure out how to do the other two. None of them seem to want to talk about boyfriends, and while I've helped Lynn buy panties a couple times in exchange for pictures, I'm not sure if there's something else I should be doing.

I have 66 of 77 events. Event 16 says 17:00 in the dining room, but nothing happens except dinner. Event 21 says 22:00 in the TV room, but Lynn just takes the chips and goes to bed.

Also, I studied 10/10 on yoga and then yoga has never been mentioned again. There's a counter for hacking but no ability to study it. I'm at 10/10 on photography and have around 6 grand in cash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. There's some good stuff here, but this game is frustrating AF.
Hacking is Episode 2, so far for me it's done about as much as Yoga.

the only advice I can give without a full event list is trying to do each uncleared event in turn until the dialogue changes and the event clears, then try the other events again.

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
Errors in Punctuated Sandbox Games

The term 'Punctuated Sandbox' is meant to refer to the unique type of sandbox games that CLVG produces, where the player has to complete a fixed and predetermined number of events in order to complete each episode and move on to the next. Events can be completed in any order, as long as they can be reached in some pathway through the episode.

I was surprised that I could play the entire episode and not run into one error, but in forums other players report finding errors that halted their play. Some get rather exacerbated about it. The explanation is obvious: Consider a sandbox with ten moves (location choices) each step, and 200 steps on the average are required to complete the episode. This means there are 10 to the 200th power possible paths through the episode from start to finish. For comparison, the number of particles (electrons, protons, neutrons, photons, whatever) in the universe is 10 to the 80th power, a comparatively tiny number. Errors are peculiar to the particular path chosen, so there might be errors which intrude into 100% of the paths, 10%, 1%, 0.1%, 0.01% and so on. The Alpha test team will find the 100% ones, and if they play enough times and there are enough of them, the 10% errors. They will only find a few of the 1% errors, and virtually none of the rarer ones.

Thus, when the code is released, and there are 1000 players or 10,000 or 100,000, these 1% and rarer errors are going to be found. That's why most of us can get through the game without errors, but the unlucky few crash into one, and they go and report it on a forum, making it seem like the code is buggy. It's not.

The cure for this is to have an Alpha review team that reads the code. Thankfully, CLVG's code is beautifully designed and maintained and easy to follow as well; I have read it several times or at least certain parts of it. If the Alpha team does not like reading code or is not good at ferreting out errors, then CLVG might make it easier for the unlucky players who smash into a bug to report it in the forum in a way that allows it to be fixed quickly. Time and place might be enough for this, but maybe some other previous choices could be involved. Maybe CLVG could put a diagram of the code structure as a jpeg or webp inside the released code, so those players who like to unren the code and read it can more easily navigate the code and locate the bug down to the exact line where it is. That will make repair almost instantaneous. After some count of fixes are made, CLVG needs to release a new version.

So, mini-mystery solved.

Reactions: Fish_lip

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
Probably not, seing as you're unwilling to accept any kind of critique, nor take suggestions on board.

And i was pretty clear, or so I thought, when I said things like

That I don't think your game is garbage, but it isn't a gem either, it's clunky, and it's average, and that's all it'll be if you keep ignoring people going "this is bad, change this"

At this point, it's plain you either have an unchecked ego, or are confusing critique of your game with critique of you, either way, things need to be changed, you'd do right to try and make the game better without compromising your vision.

Mate, I'm literally replying to him, and he replies to me, that is how conversation works. I'm not going thread to thread commenting on everything he does, nor am I saying anything out of line, I'm telling him bits of his game are crap, they are. He is well within his rights to ignore me, however, his game will not progress well if he ignores me, and people like me, giving citique.

As for taking a hike, I have no desire to see the other side of your mother, the front is awful enough.

Oh look, I can do the insults too :)
Perhaps you could look at a bigger picture of what CLVG is doing, and be less adamant and vociferous about your complaints. CLVG has been producing games, on a more regular basis than any other dev group, for years, four or six or I forget how many. The games have been improving as they go, in design, architecture, and features. CLVG clearly listens to players, but they are often somewhat poorly informed, and largely do not appreciate what goes into game production. I don't either, but I am in awe of what this team does. Polite suggestions are appreciated by CLVG, but they have to integrate these ideas, as brilliant as they may seem to the author, into a very complex mix of game structure. Sometimes the ideas don't fit, or would make other things worse, or would take too long to design and incorporate, or whatever. Maybe they would jumble up the code, or interact poorly with other planned or completed features. We wouldn't know. Please, just be a bit more humble and have some wider perspective on the fine job CLVG is doing.

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
Dear CLV,
I like your games well enough that I play them. Sure the grind can become tedious sometimes, but it's so in real life also. The bugs are a part of any on-going program, look at Windows, it's been buggy since '94 +/- and people still pay for that (Linux rules, and I occasionally need to use it to correct problems in MS because MS's tools are sometimes inadequate) ...and Microshaft is as responsive as a zombie. At least you interact with the rabble and try to correct what you can. Ignore the rest. Remember the parable of the Lion and the Ass.
There is something I would like you [folks] to work on. It is not a showstopper nor that important, but it is noticeable to folks like me. It's the hands. They don't always look like they are actually holding ...I mean groping... the girls' curves. I am an amateur-ish photographer who prefers film, so I notice silly little details in the graphics, and a professional gadgeteer whose code was so bad my boss took that part away from me and wrote it himself. If I was better at writing code my life would probably be more organized. Alas!
Anyway, the point is, don't argue with the rabble -they do it on every thread- just listen to those who have a legitimate problem with the game and fix that and listen to those who have good ideas for they could help you solve an issue you may not know you had. Your style is your style.
Cool parable reference. I had to look it up.

Reactions: BiggusDikkus

tmv

May 31, 2017
I've an issue - In episode 7 I've 4 events that should trigger, according to the hint system and 8 that can't yet. But unfortunately none trigger. How to solve this?

teers82

Jul 30, 2021
I get the same options over and over. They are all green "happiness" levels yet none of them talk to me or allow me to take pictures. - - going to go ahead and delete this game

Last edited:

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
Perhaps you could look at a bigger picture of what CLVG is doing, and be less adamant and vociferous about your complaints. CLVG has been producing games, on a more regular basis than any other dev group, for years, four or six or I forget how many. The games have been improving as they go, in design, architecture, and features. CLVG clearly listens to players, but they are often somewhat poorly informed, and largely do not appreciate what goes into game production. I don't either, but I am in awe of what this team does. Polite suggestions are appreciated by CLVG, but they have to integrate these ideas, as brilliant as they may seem to the author, into a very complex mix of game structure. Sometimes the ideas don't fit, or would make other things worse, or would take too long to design and incorporate, or whatever. Maybe they would jumble up the code, or interact poorly with other planned or completed features. We wouldn't know. Please, just be a bit more humble and have some wider perspective on the fine job CLVG is doing.
No.

Sorry, if this dude has been making games for 6 years, you'd figure they'd know how to code stuff like an event system that's not as unhelpful as crap, showing events that are currently unavailable as able to be completed.

You'd think they'd know to make it obvious when progressing an event, be it through new dialogue, or by the event viewer telling you so.

You'd think they'd have dialogue explaining why a certain stat is important to train, and what exactly it does.

You'd think they'd have the good sense to listen to citique.

these ideas are not difficult to impliment into any game, in fact, most of them are available in any number of renpy games, even games from first time creators, so for someone with a claimed 6 years experience? Give over.

The creator is stubbornly digging their heels in, and refusing to polish blatantly clunky aspects of their game, purely cos some dude on the internet called their game clunky.

Also, irony is calling for someone to be humble on a thread where a creator goes "I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU BECAUSE YOU WERE RUDE ABOUT MY GAME WAAAAH" and arrogantly points out that they're ignoring calls for polish out of spite.

Reactions: Stuffit101

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
BUG REPORT!

Episode 2. Can't do anything with Lina, also, the 07:00 I ASSUME is buying the camera, which hasn't triggered for whatever reason, despite being able to progress Lynn's story with it.

Other people have talked about flashing her, and going into the bathroom. Bathroom is perma-locked no matter what I do, from following her everywhere to ignoring her completely, nothing works.

May 6, 2018
I finnished the game going through 1 or 2 minor confusions. As developer said a millon times, it is not really difficult to make progress if you pay attention to what the girls tell you in every conversation.

But I really think it may work better for all of us if in the event list is displayed, for every remaining event a small list of things we must reach to get it, or at least some clues or suggestions.
I mean, beside places and hours, for example, previous events connected to this, or items, or girls mood needed.
An example: I couldn't make progress with "tv room at 20:00" and tried been there the whole week. And all that was because I didn't read all the conversation at dinner time. I ended searching here in the forum what other players did about it.
Game is great, story is great, girls are gorgeous.

Jdiezel

Jun 28, 2022
I like this one a lot. I definitely wear out the "events" tag to give myself some guidance about where to go and when in order to move the story along, and there's a mod posted somewhere here that gives you a money and affection boost that you can put in when you get to the last few items that are hardest to close out.

I like the art style a lot and if there's such a thing as a photographer fetish then it rings those bells for sure. It's not a perfect match with my checklist of things I want to see in a game, but it's one of the half dozen or so games I consistently follow and eagerly await updates for.
thanks. i played through the first 3 episodes and really liked it. but the mindless clicking ended up being too much. even with the hints and cheat it was still pretty tedious to get certain bookmarks. i enjoyed my time with it though

3.20 star(s) 41 Votes