Ren'Py My Early Life [Ep. 12] [CeLaVie Group]

3.10 star(s) 45 Votes

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
A. If he doesn't want Feedback, he shouldn't be a game dev. If lots of people have given that feedback for an issue in Chapter 1, and he's on Chapter 7, then he's either ignorant as fuck, arrogant as fuck, or a shit Dev. If he'd sorted it, a simple "This is fixed in an upcoming version" or if he plans to fix it "This is on the list of fixes"

B. I stopped being nice when he was a cunt to me. I'm here because "It might delay the develpment" and it amuses me that I could have such an effect on a dev who "Doesn't care what people say".
A. You really don't know anything about the artistic temperament, right?
B. How long have you been screeching? It doesn't seem to have worked in the slightest, has it? Oh, well, you get a high score for persistence, if not effectiveness.

J_M

Oct 8, 2017
Do YOU know anything about artistic temperament? And pray, to whom do you attribute such a temperament? Please don't tell tell me you think the developer of "My early life" is the one with such temperament...

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
B. How long have you been screeching? It doesn't seem to have worked in the slightest, has it? Oh, well, you get a high score for persistence, if not effectiveness.
A. Artistic Temperament can only take you so far, also, I'm not trying to change his art, I'm not telling him to change the characters, nor the plot, not the "Challenge". His artistic vision would be entirely intact and unchanged by taking my criticisms on board and improving his game. Ego on the other hand? THAT will take you Right to the halls of Daikatana.

B. Not screeched once. The fact you read it as such is more a reflection on you. Oh look I posted again. Guess the dev is so devastated by this that the game will be delayed by another week while he recovers from this setback. lol

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
There's a scene by the pool where Lynn's left arm is passing through the MC's right arm.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Is this gonna be one of those deals where they reveal they're actually siblings or are we gonna have to see it in quotes or arguments that it's not true for the whole game?

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
Do YOU know anything about artistic temperament? And pray, to whom do you attribute such a temperament? Please don't tell tell me you think the developer of "My early life" is the one with such temperament...
Not to be judgmental, but perhaps you could consult some google references and see which boxes get checked off.

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
A. Artistic Temperament can only take you so far, also, I'm not trying to change his art, I'm not telling him to change the characters, nor the plot, not the "Challenge". His artistic vision would be entirely intact and unchanged by taking my criticisms on board and improving his game. Ego on the other hand? THAT will take you Right to the halls of Daikatana.

B. Not screeched once. The fact you read it as such is more a reflection on you. Oh look I posted again. Guess the dev is so devastated by this that the game will be delayed by another week while he recovers from this setback. lol
A. You insist that the dev take your criticisms (you mean your suggestions) on board and change his game to suit you. Would you like him to take everybodies' suggestions, or would you be willing to help him by deciding which ones deserve to be incorporated? Why have you limited yourself to just this aspect of the game? Surely you could come up with many other ways to improve it. Sorry for the sarcasm, but the point of view I am espousing is that if and when CLVG wants to make a change, they will. They have the call, and your or anyone else's insistence that your way is better is very likely unfounded. There are lots of things to consider. And 'artistic temperament' means don't be narcissistic when speaking to someone who is making a lot of people happy with what they do. BTW, you seem quite intelligent, and that sometimes leads one to errors.
B. I am sure you are totally ignored. It was just a little jest to try and get you to see another point of view. My apologies if it was not appreciated.

LegendBear

Jul 9, 2018
Isn't this a sign that AI is being used?
Could it be something AI messes up on? Sure. But it doesn't mean AI is being used. Either way, Bob as confirmed that the assets for this game is his original stuff, so if AI is being used it's just to speed up the process.

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
A. You insist that the dev take your criticisms (you mean your suggestions) on board and change his game to suit you.
No, I made suggestions that would improve the game, not Change anything significant in terms of creative vision, plot, or renders. Much like how Capcom changed the pressure sensitive pads on Street Fighter to the 6-button config, for example.

Would you like him to take everybodies' suggestions, or would you be willing to help him by deciding which ones deserve to be incorporated?
If the suggestions improve the game, why not? Surely as a developer you want the game to be the best it can be?

Why have you limited yourself to just this aspect of the game? Surely you could come up with many other ways to improve it.
Sure I could, and I probably would if I felt any desire to continue playing the game, however a mix of the game being clunky as all fuckery, and the Dev being unwilling to accept any kind of critique, has made me stop playing. Almost as if there are better games out there, with devs who take critique on board to make a better game. Imagine that?

Sorry for the sarcasm
No you're not.

but the point of view I am espousing is that if and when CLVG wants to make a change, they will. They have the call, and your or anyone else's insistence that your way is better is very likely unfounded.
Bollocks. as I've said, explained, and used examples, the indication of progress is ESSENTIAL in any game, whether that is a counter, a graphic, whatever. To encourage your audience to keep playing, they need a reward, an indication they are doing things right, this is game design 101, it's not rocket science.

The Dev absolutely has the call, and they can absolutely do whatever they want, however, they cannot then get shirty when, after being told multiple times what is wrong with their game, they get mad because people are telling them what is wrong with their game, and ways to make it better. Again, People aren't doing it to be cunts, they are doing it because they want the game to be better.

There are lots of things to consider. And 'artistic temperament' means don't be narcissistic when speaking to someone who is making a lot of people happy with what they do. BTW, you seem quite intelligent, and that sometimes leads one to errors.
Quit with the fake compliment bullshit mate, you're transparant as fuck and it's really fucking condescending.

You can have all the "Artistic Temperament" in the world, but again, if you're a cunt because people want your game to be better, that's not artistry, thats just being a cunt because you're upset that not everybody is sucking your dick.

B. I am sure you are totally ignored. It was just a little jest to try and get you to see another point of view. My apologies if it was not appreciated.
Awww, are you not making consessions for my artistic temperament? funny how that works ain't it?

Reactions: J_M

Jack_Smythe

Feb 27, 2019
No, I made suggestions that would improve the game, not Change anything significant in terms of creative vision, plot, or renders. Much like how Capcom changed the pressure sensitive pads on Street Fighter to the 6-button config, for example.

If the suggestions improve the game, why not? Surely as a developer you want the game to be the best it can be?

Sure I could, and I probably would if I felt any desire to continue playing the game, however a mix of the game being clunky as all fuckery, and the Dev being unwilling to accept any kind of critique, has made me stop playing. Almost as if there are better games out there, with devs who take critique on board to make a better game. Imagine that?

No you're not.

Bollocks. as I've said, explained, and used examples, the indication of progress is ESSENTIAL in any game, whether that is a counter, a graphic, whatever. To encourage your audience to keep playing, they need a reward, an indication they are doing things right, this is game design 101, it's not rocket science.

The Dev absolutely has the call, and they can absolutely do whatever they want, however, they cannot then get shirty when, after being told multiple times what is wrong with their game, they get mad because people are telling them what is wrong with their game, and ways to make it better. Again, People aren't doing it to be cunts, they are doing it because they want the game to be better.

Quit with the fake compliment bullshit mate, you're transparant as fuck and it's really fucking condescending.

You can have all the "Artistic Temperament" in the world, but again, if you're a cunt because people want your game to be better, that's not artistry, thats just being a cunt because you're upset that not everybody is sucking your dick.

Awww, are you not making consessions for my artistic temperament? funny how that works ain't it?
I'm getting the feeling that GopherTo is the Dev's anonymous alternate account for their true feelings and handling those being critical of the game.

Again, 100% agree that the progression tracker needs to be updated with more information. Even a simple scene counter, like you suggested (?/10, ?/6, etc.) would help tremendously to help make sure it's not the player doing anything wrong, but a possible bug. Likewise, some suggestions in the dialogue as well can be clues.

Reactions: secrettunel6969

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
I'm getting the feeling that GopherTo is the Dev's anonymous alternate account for their true feelings and handling those being critical of the game.

Again, 100% agree that the progression tracker needs to be updated with more information. Even a simple scene counter, like you suggested (?/10, ?/6, etc.) would help tremendously to help make sure it's not the player doing anything wrong, but a possible bug. Likewise, some suggestions in the dialogue as well can be clues.
Sorry but I'm just myself. I can't spend so much time here as I have to make a game. Hints etc is under constant improvement and I can asure you that I do my utmost to improve it from episode to episode.

Minnimix

Jun 18, 2020
If you have some hints about this events let me know please, im stuck

Does the arousel needs to be high or low or it doesnt matter? EPISODE 7 BTW

View attachment 3425871 View attachment 3425872
Event : 5/24/25/27/32
First u do event 5 - 18:00 lynn room, manipulate then teh dice in Event 27 - 10:30 Bob room,
do then Event 5 again, and again and again .. at least bob will invite Lynn to watch a Movie at 0:00 in Bobs Room (Event 32)
Do this again , and again , and again with high Arousal and see Event24/25

Event 47 is triggert on dining room 19:00 , i mean first go to kitchen 18:30 ... after this Event47 ist triggert
Event 48 .... end event for episode 7 , trigger alle events done (75) and u play event 47.

But u can't end all Events , cause Event 35 has a bug , and will never get in Progress 1 , cause code triggert event55 to 1 instead of 35.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Event : 5/24/25/27/32
First u do event 5 - 18:00 lynn room, manipulate then teh dice in Event 27 - 10:30 Bob room,
do then Event 5 again, and again and again .. at least bob will invite Lynn to watch a Movie at 0:00 in Bobs Room (Event 32)
Do this again , and again , and again with high Arousal and see Event24/25

Event 47 is triggert on dining room 19:00 , i mean first go to kitchen 18:30 ... after this Event47 ist triggert
Event 48 .... end event for episode 7 , trigger alle events done (75) and u play event 47.

But u can't end all Events , cause Event 35 has a bug , and will never get in Progress 1 , cause code triggert event55 to 1 instead of 35.
As soon as I have finished epiosde 9 I'll make a new release of episode 1 to 7 with several bug fixes in each episode

Reactions: secrettunel6969
3.10 star(s) 45 Votes