4.20 star(s) 36 Votes

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
I HATE it when (and the majority of devs do this) the game is clearly stalled and the Dev just takes money for doing nothing.

Srsly, its not hard to simply PAUSE the patreon while you resolve whatever this is that's ruined your workflow for the past (lets be honest) two years.

Reactions: Gicoo

Gorainu

Apr 24, 2021
Sad to see this project stalled/dead.
Art was good and the writing was above average.

maybe a bit too ambitious given the number of variations bound to happen later on.

Reactions: PeterSBigD

Adultress

May 20, 2021
Sad to see this project stalled/dead.
Art was good and the writing was above average.

maybe a bit too ambitious given the number of variations bound to happen later on.
It would have been much more manageable with a traditional VN with each update focusing on content for a single girl.

Reactions: PeterSBigD
Jan 5, 2021
"Hello!

I'm here to give you guys an update on the current situation, which is pretty shitty I have to admit.
Most of the funds I use to pay the artists for MGFF come from Patreon, I receive support from itch but it's not even a hundredth of the amount that we get from Patreon, and that's fine I have no problem with that. The issue is that from March 1st I haven't been able to receive the funds from Patreon and they've just been stockpiling. We're so close to the end of chapter 2.0 but I can't pay the artists for the commissions to finish it.
I've been in contact with Patreon support the entire time and they just keep saying they're looking into things and in talks with the payments team. They also said that this problem isn't only with me, other creators haven't been able to receive their payouts.
I should've updated the itch Page about this sooner but I kept hoping that the issue would be resolved within a couple days and it never was.

They Money hasn't disappeared, I'm not stopping development, MGFF is NOT dead.

I am going to try and get more traffic here and branch out to sites like subscribeStar to maybe get some more support that way.
I'm really sorry for making all of you wait, and appreciate the support in all it's forms. This project wouldn't exist without you guys.

Hope you have a great day.

-Kyle"

Don't shoot the messenger

Woodalicca

Jun 13, 2022
You reap what you sow. No one's going to cry or show compassion towards what's happening. I would if he was more communicative instead of hiding in a hole and only show up when shit's getting real.

Reactions: Visionedmetal

sztrb

Aug 24, 2018
"Hello!

I'm here to give you guys an update on the current situation, which is pretty shitty I have to admit.
Most of the funds I use to pay the artists for MGFF come from Patreon, I receive support from itch but it's not even a hundredth of the amount that we get from Patreon, and that's fine I have no problem with that. The issue is that from March 1st I haven't been able to receive the funds from Patreon and they've just been stockpiling. We're so close to the end of chapter 2.0 but I can't pay the artists for the commissions to finish it.
I've been in contact with Patreon support the entire time and they just keep saying they're looking into things and in talks with the payments team. They also said that this problem isn't only with me, other creators haven't been able to receive their payouts.
I should've updated the itch Page about this sooner but I kept hoping that the issue would be resolved within a couple days and it never was.

They Money hasn't disappeared, I'm not stopping development, MGFF is NOT dead.

I am going to try and get more traffic here and branch out to sites like subscribeStar to maybe get some more support that way.
I'm really sorry for making all of you wait, and appreciate the support in all it's forms. This project wouldn't exist without you guys.

Hope you have a great day.

-Kyle"

Don't shoot the messenger
1717548084696.png

Reactions: Gorainu

YeOldeWanker

Nov 16, 2022
Why would he have trouble getting the funds from Patreon for this long?

I mean sure sometimes things might screw up but it sounds dodgy. 3 months delay? Wat? I dunno man.

I mean after a month I would imagine one would be calling their support line every goddamn day in order get things moving. Even if it meant opening a new account, resubmitting info, etc whatever it takes. Regardless as previously stated the game is for all intents and purposes on hold for the foreseeable future based on that post.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
I don't actually believe the Dev here anyway.

Firstly, why would Patreon hold his money? His is one of the more vanilla projects on the site. Secondly, if it really was this issue, he
Why would he have trouble getting the funds from Patreon for this long?

I mean sure sometimes things might screw up but it sounds dodgy. 3 months delay? Wat? I dunno man.

I mean after a month I would imagine one would be calling their support line every goddamn day in order get things moving. Even if it meant opening a new account, resubmitting info, etc whatever it takes. Regardless as previously stated the game is for all intents and purposes on hold for the foreseeable future based on that post.
On the one hand, many many AVNs are getting roadblocked on Patreon right now. It's pretty clear the internet is being sanitized and Patreon is just the latest website to make the big switch. So he might really truly have had his funds held hostage for months.

On the other hand, even before this happened, he was blowing through self imposed deadlines and under delivering. He was getting lazy and greedy. My guess is its a little of column A and a little of column B. Unfortunately even when the funds get released, I strongly doubt he gets the update out in any kind of speedy manner. Which is notable because he has been saying its about a month from being done for the last six months or so. We are probably looking at another super promising game that gets abandoned.

sztrb

Aug 24, 2018
I don't actually believe the Dev here anyway.

Firstly, why would Patreon hold his money? His is one of the more vanilla projects on the site. Secondly, if it really was this issue, he

On the one hand, many many AVNs are getting roadblocked on Patreon right now. It's pretty clear the internet is being sanitized and Patreon is just the latest website to make the big switch. So he might really truly have had his funds held hostage for months.

On the other hand, even before this happened, he was blowing through self imposed deadlines and under delivering. He was getting lazy and greedy. My guess is its a little of column A and a little of column B. Unfortunately even when the funds get released, I strongly doubt he gets the update out in any kind of speedy manner. Which is notable because he has been saying its about a month from being done for the last six months or so. We are probably looking at another super promising game that gets abandoned.
I have a feeling he hasn't actually worked on this game in almost a year, but the money keeps pouring in on his grift.

Reactions: Visionedmetal

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
No dev is dumb enough to pause the patreon to get money for free.
Allow me to introduce you to an old legend among devs named . While working on a title, if he had to stop working for personal reasons....he paused the patreon until he was able to work on it again. If he didn't get as much done as he thought he should have, he paused the patreon for a month. His work ethics are sorely missed in the H world.

Aug 13, 2021
Allow me to introduce you to an old legend among devs named . While working on a title, if he had to stop working for personal reasons....he paused the patreon until he was able to work on it again. If he didn't get as much done as he thought he should have, he paused the patreon for a month. His work ethics are sorely missed in the H world.
brain explosion.jpg

4.20 star(s) 36 Votes