How would you like the game to progress?

• Keep going as Visual Novel with some choices and linear story

Votes: 1,699 65.1%
  • Branch to sandbox with map, stats and RPG elements at certain point

Votes: 910 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
People here says that the game is improving, graphically yes i agree (aside that it still baffles me how the little sister and the goth can afford to have a different hair-colour, considering how MC describes the financial situation of the family...someone would think they're humble and caring enough to not bother with useless expenses like hair-dye and fancy clothes...but yeah these are tropes, they follow anime-logic, i need some suspension of disbelief...still if finances are a big deal like MC seems to imply, one expects that the family is a bit humbler on fashion and glamour-stuff).

Character-wise? Nope

The previous MC didn't complain as much when he came back home. Four years is enough time to get your stuff removed from your room and being put in a storage so that the room can be rented...hell 4 years is a bloody lot, i would have waited a month. Not mentioning how MC could have taken his stuff and brought it with him when he moved away, why he didn't if he cared so much? Also, it's not like they threw his things in a dumpster, they just moved them elsewhere, it's not a big deal mildly annoying but not worth MC's actual anger about it, may be a hassle to move back the stuff, but that's it.

Goth-sister, from being aggressive in the original/first draft, now she is homicidal about MC...ofc it's probably because she missed him but she doesn't want to give him the satisfaction(ofc MC is equally homicidal...way to be happy to be back at home dude!)

Little sister is barely present, no comment.

Mc's Mom, like the little sister there isn't much difference, but we don't see much of her, and her personality was always a bit bland or calm/collected, meek even.
Thank you for your opinion, however let me add a few things to it. Neither goth outfit, nor hair dye don't cost much in first world, to be clear they are not struggling, as in being hungry. She's got the house, and gets alimony plus works and it's barely enough, but enough. Still mc wants to help and good for him. As for complaining, he actually complained more and did it outloud at the table, now he is just thinking these things as he goes up to his room and such emotions are normal, we filter our thoughts way less that we do our emotions.

Last edited:

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
I think old graphics was kind of unusual but still OK. New graphics is somewhat better but not "that much" better to be worth to start from scratch. Probably it would be better to try new graphic style for new content and then decide if it really good enough to spend resources on remaking the game.
Interesting assessment, however the first thing we changed was the sprites and it just made sense to change the design of all scenes to match the sprites. I see a much bigger difference in art to be honest, vut I value your honest opinion

Reactions: Bloodguard

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
Reworking the game completely is always a tough choice, but hopefully it will save this game.
Was a huge fan of Snow Daze, but always felt it was a bit short, and never realized its full potential.
Hopefully this game can do that and more, with deeper relationships and greater character building.
Best of luck Dev. (y)
Thank you! Working hard on providing exactly that!!

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Could you clarify if you dislike the new face of a particular character or you mean the whole style?
For my own part, I can't put my finger on exactly what the issue is, but the new art style feels a bit... "much". Like, the old one was rough around the edges but had a more subdued style in general, whereas the new one feels kind of exaggerated, I guess? Particularly with the expressions and poses. It almost feels like one of those fashion-themed games aimed at pre-teen girls. For the standard sprites it's particularly noticeable on the older sister, but it's prominent in the dream with the mom as well, and I feel like it's a thing that's going to be especially noticeable in any sex scenes with any character.

Reactions: Thunderclap44

Thunderclap44

Sep 21, 2020
Could you clarify if you dislike the new face of a particular character or you mean the whole style?
I'm not sure how to put it in to words. But I guess I would say the whole style of the new faces. Like some others have said before me its a bit "much". The old art style was good just need some touch ups here and there but was good overall. Though I can't speak for everyone in the thread/community. This is just my opinion.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I'm not sure how to put it in to words. But I guess I would say the whole style of the new faces. Like some others have said before me its a bit "much". The old art style was good just need some touch ups here and there but was good overall. Though I can't speak for everyone in the thread/community. This is just my opinion.
Yeah, i agree...now feels a bit cliché-ish

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Since we have clicker and idle games, that argument doesn't really work. The level of interaction here is at least as great as some other games, that aren't being questioned whether they are truly games.
hate the definitions, not the people who share(implying that we didn't make these definitions) them.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Welp. Im not going to review this as it's way too short and I havent seen enough, but...
The art is great. A+.
The dialog is bad. It feels like it was written by someone who's first language is not english.
The story? Too short to tell, but seems like the very generic 'family' plot... which, um, note to dev: you're going to get banned from Patreon and Paypal if u don't change that.
Overall, sadly... seems like something that had potential 5 years ago. But as it is in its infancy... there's still hope? Maybe?
But, good luck to the dev! I hope you get supporters.

Aug 4, 2017
People here says that the game is improving, graphically yes i agree (aside that it still baffles me how the little sister and the goth can afford to have a different hair-colour, considering how MC describes the financial situation of the family...someone would think they're humble and caring enough to not bother with useless expenses like hair-dye and fancy clothes...but yeah these are tropes, they follow anime-logic, i need some suspension of disbelief...still if finances are a big deal like MC seems to imply, one expects that the family is a bit humbler on fashion and glamour-stuff).

Character-wise? Nope

The previous MC didn't complain as much when he came back home. Four years is enough time to get your stuff removed from your room and being put in a storage so that the room can be rented...hell 4 years is a bloody lot, i would have waited a month. Not mentioning how MC could have taken his stuff and brought it with him when he moved away, why he didn't if he cared so much? Also, it's not like they threw his things in a dumpster, they just moved them elsewhere, it's not a big deal mildly annoying but not worth MC's actual anger about it, may be a hassle to move back the stuff, but that's it.

Goth-sister, from being aggressive in the original/first draft, now she is homicidal about MC...ofc it's probably because she missed him but she doesn't want to give him the satisfaction(ofc MC is equally homicidal...way to be happy to be back at home dude!)

Little sister is barely present, no comment.

Mc's Mom, like the little sister there isn't much difference, but we don't see much of her, and her personality was always a bit bland or calm/collected, meek even.
hair dye doesnt cost as much as you think, and people can own fancy clothes before they have a bad financial situation. Also these clothes arent even close to fancy really. Also a lot of parents keep their childrens rooms even though theyre gone for a long time

• Red Heart
Reactions: The Naughty Three

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
Welp. Im not going to review this as it's way too short and I havent seen enough, but...
The art is great. A+.
The dialog is bad. It feels like it was written by someone who's first language is not english.
The story? Too short to tell, but seems like the very generic 'family' plot... which, um, note to dev: you're going to get banned from Patreon and Paypal if u don't change that.
Overall, sadly... seems like something that had potential 5 years ago. But as it is in its infancy... there's still hope? Maybe?
But, good luck to the dev! I hope you get supporters.

Thank you for you opinion. As for story, it is much more developed - 6 days of game play, and 5 of these days you can play through in previous game version if you're okay with worse art, and you'll see that the plot is not that generic, it's just that the intro doesn't allow for much development. As for Patreon situation, I am aware of the risk, that is why SubscrribeStar is available as an option to support the game. Also have plans to deal with Patreon in due time. Thank you for good faith and honest opinion, I always value that.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 11 Votes