3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
because we don't own the patreon page
What do you own? Discord, YouTube, social media, the game rights? Are you disgruntled employees just causing drama for your own benefit, or owners of the project, that lost control? This is where official announcements are important, for people that don't know, otherwise it's easy to assume it's just someone causing drama, which happens all too often.

Norix

May 30, 2020
What do you own? Discord, YouTube, social media, the game rights? Are you disgruntled employees just causing drama for your own benefit, or owners of the project, that lost control? This is where official announcements are important, for people that don't know, otherwise it's easy to assume it's just someone causing drama, which happens all too often.
Based on what I understand: They (the devs) had the idea and started the project on their own. However, they did not have enough money and signed a rather unfortunate contract with "some management" to get further funding. Due to this contract they lost control over their IP. Now, a while later, the disagreements between the devs and management finally boiled over and caused most of the original devs to walk away and they had to leave MLW behind. Meanwhile, management says that it is looking for new devs and wants to continue MLW (though I wouldn't bet on it).

The devs started a new discord and want to work on another project. This time being more careful about losing control again.

As for social media: I think the devs have neither control over the patreon page (which massoblivion confirmed) nor the old discord at this moment. They are also under a NDA, which can makes matters more complicated as to tell what exactly happened.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Based on what I understand: They (the devs) had the idea and started the project on their own. However, they did not have enough money and signed a rather unfortunate contract with "some management" to get further funding. Due to this contract they lost control over their IP. Now, a while later, the disagreements between the devs and management finally boiled over and caused most of the original devs to walk away and they had to leave MLW behind. Meanwhile, management says that it is looking for new devs and wants to continue MLW (though I wouldn't bet on it).

The devs started a new discord and want to work on another project. This time being more careful about losing control again.

As for social media: I think the devs have neither control over the patreon page (which massoblivion confirmed) nor the old discord at this moment. They are also under a NDA, which can makes matters more complicated as to tell what exactly happened.
Interesting, and unfortunate, thanks for the info. I wonder what funding got up to, because it wasn't a lot on Patreon last I looked, but that could have been after a mass of people leaving. It's not a lot to pay a dev team, that was for sure. Maybe 1 or two people.

Reactions: Ssato243

Krugger

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
That sounds weird, the contract, the organization, the developers... very well, I think the game will continue, as it was even announced on with the release date for February 2022 in addition they published on reddit.

About the developers who left the project, I wish success for their own game, and that it is better than MLW.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
So we'll be getting this game (finished by different developers) and another brand new game (created by original developers). Isn't it great news? What could go wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: srg91

massoblivion

Creating Deluded
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
That sounds weird, the contract, the organization, the developers... very well, I think the game will continue, as it was even announced on with the release date for February 2022 in addition they published on reddit.

About the developers who left the project, I wish success for their own game, and that it is better than MLW.
our old video))

Lizst

Jan 7, 2018
A contract to relinquish the IP to a shady secret organization... Sounds far fetched, and if it is true, is that supposed to instill some kind of confidence in the teams ability to manage a project?
Is the new game going to sell "life-time" $100 and $250 patreon versions as well?

Reactions: anon8525 and 3xpurt

massoblivion

Creating Deluded
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
A contract to relinquish the IP to a shady secret organization... Sounds far fetched, and if it is true, is that supposed to instill some kind of confidence in the teams ability to manage a project?
Is the new game going to sell "life-time" $100 and $250 patreon versions as well?
As I told, we didnt have any money at all, and agreed to give the IP back then

Dogless

Aug 17, 2017
As I told, we didnt have any money at all, and agreed to give the IP back then
So you sold/gave away you IP for money and they screwed you over? I feel for you guys. Hope you do not make the same mistake again.

Just keep the price more sensible on Patreon. That way you would more patrons rather than only ~500. Game like Cloud Meadow made over 18K at one time, and it ain't even sh*t.

Norix

May 30, 2020
To be fair, I can imagine this happening all the time: Companies buying IPs and dev teams, thereby gaining control over said IPs. We simply do not notice it all that much, unless it is a bigger IP or company (EA, Activision, Disney). In this niche market of adult games, the involved companies probably just "cast wider nets and see what sticks" while trying to keep their own risk low (i.e. contracts heavily in their favor). The less money the dev team has and the more they would need from the company to accomplish their goals, the more control they'll have to give up to the company. Especially newer (i.e. less experienced) dev teams might be easier to trick into unfavorable contracts.

As to the "shady secret organization," I would simply assume that the NDA prevents them from naming said company.

EDIT: And it sounds like the patreon came after they signed up, thus the prices were probably not set by the devs.

Last edited:

massoblivion

Creating Deluded
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
To be fair, I can imagine this happening all the time: Companies buying IPs and dev teams, thereby gaining control over said IPs. We simply do not notice it all that much, unless it is a bigger IP or company (EA, Activision, Disney). In this niche market of adult games, the involved companies probably just "cast wider nets and see what sticks" while trying to keep their own risk low (i.e. contracts heavily in their favor). The less money the dev team has and the more they would need from the company to accomplish their goals, the more control they'll have to give up to the company. Especially newer (i.e. less experienced) dev teams might be easier to trick into unfavorable contracts.

As to the "shady secret organization," I would simply assume that the NDA prevents them from naming said company.

EDIT: And it sounds like the patreon came after they signed up, thus the prices were probably not set by the devs.
you can see this organisation here btw, they also changed SRT on patreon

Krugger

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
you can see this organisation here btw, they also changed SRT on patreon
OMG! On Steam the developer and publisher are Biggus Dickus! Games, from the same creators of Slaves of Rome.
But on , the game was also released however, its release will be soon. But the name of the developer and publisher is Biggus Dickus Games. So, I thought it strange. But it seems that you made some kind of contract that is also managing this game that I mentioned, and unfortunately that happened.

As for your old video, was it planned to add this content in a demo version (before this current version) or were you planning to add it in the future?

• Wow
Reactions: Lizst

Lizst

Jan 7, 2018
OMG! On Steam the developer and publisher are Biggus Dickus! Games, from the same creators of Slaves of Rome.
But on , the game was also released however, its release will be soon. But the name of the developer and publisher is Biggus Dickus Games. So, I thought it strange. But it seems that you made some kind of contract that is also managing this game that I mentioned, and unfortunately that happened.

As for your old video, was it planned to add this content in a demo version (before this current version) or were you planning to add it in the future?
The other patreon game with "life-time" $100 and $250 versions... So they are using their patreon money for purchasing other IPs istead of developing their own game.
The amount of patreon scams is incredible.

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021

i don't think so when you enter the steam developer it only slaves on rome

Krugger

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
i don't think so when you enter the steam developer it only slaves on rome
There is a small difference between both games, the developers and publishers are the same, but what changes is the ''!''

MLW = Biggus Dickus! Games
Slaves of Rome = Biggus Dickus Games

Understood?

massoblivion

Creating Deluded
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018

This video is in the game already as part of Teddie's quest

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
There is a small difference between both games, the developers and publishers are the same, but what changes is the ''!''

Understood?
yep I understand but also I thinks it shaddy

massoblivion

Creating Deluded
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018

Understood?
they already changed developer and publisher btw

Last edited:
Reactions: Krugger
2.60 star(s) 52 Votes