PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
does the game quality improve over time? I see tons of people simping it but it feels so rough when i tried it. Weird to see it so popular over stuff like ripples and pale carnations.
If the art style bothers you then, no, it doesn't improve. The reason a lot of people enjoy the game is for its soothing nature, and the personalities of the characters. The characters develop in interesting ways, and the girls are adorable. If you're not a fan of a light-hearted story, and the art isn't your cup of tea, you're probably not going to enjoy the game as much as others. On the other hand, if you don't find the art off-putting, like cute girls, and enjoy engaging in relationships with wonderful and interesting women, you might like it.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
does the game quality improve over time? I see tons of people simping it but it feels so rough when i tried it. Weird to see it so popular over stuff like ripples and pale carnations.
The writing does improve as the game goes on, though it's mostly in terms of the dialogue feeling less... translated? I'm not sure how to put it honestly. But frankly, the reason I love this game so much (and I assume it's the same reason as a whole lot of the other people here) is that it's just kind of this giant blob of wholesomeness.

Though there is some conflict in the game e.g: the early stuff with Elaine most of the time the primary focus is just to make the player feel good. This game is like the AVN equivalent of a mug of hot chocolate on a cold day, or a hug from a loved one. It just serves to make you feel warm inside.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I mean, I personally think my visuals improved over the time... :(

But yeah, I think after 0.5 the game really started to "amp up" and became better in general in terms of writing, renders and overall stuff that is happening ( after Alice was introduced ). The next jump was probably when Sandra got pregnant and the proposal. But since the game is soon two years old it will probably be even more aparent that some people don't like the no drama feels good approach. Nothing wrong with that, though. Everyone enjoys different things.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018

But yeah, I think after 0.5 the game really started to "amp up" and became better in general in terms of writing, renders and overall stuff that is happening ( after Alice was introduced ). The next jump was probably when Sandra got pregnant and the proposal. But since the game is soon two years old it will probably be even more aparent that some people don't like the no drama feels good approach. Nothing wrong with that, though. Everyone enjoys different things.
I agree. I think there has been a change and "improvement" in them over time. It might be huge and dramatic but there has been a change. People don't misread that as me saying they where bad, I'm not; just they've changed and gotten even better over time.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Can't tell if you're serious or trolling.
Seems serious, but saying people are simping it is a good way to get their backs up and stinks of trolling.

Also you cannot compare this to PC, two totally different games in terms of content and kinks and well everything. Only similarity is they use HS.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Seems serious, but saying people are simping it is a good way to get their backs up and stinks of trolling.

Also you cannot compare this to PC, two totally different games in terms of content and kinks and well everything. Only similarity is they use HS.
That was my first impression as well, Naxos. I had to restrain my urge to respond.
I don't need to waste my time on people who feel the need to make themselves feel big by trying to claim that others are less of a man (simp, beta, cuck, etc.). They've just replaced the old homophobia with misogyny.

Deezius

Aug 6, 2017
Hmm, I've been entirely unable to play since v0.18. I carried my save over and was usually saved a dialogue line or two before the end of a previous update. Rolling back just causes the VN to crash after a few attempts, which is really sad given how heartwarming this game is.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Hmm, I've been entirely unable to play since v0.18. I carried my save over and was usually saved a dialogue line or two before the end of a previous update. Rolling back just causes the VN to crash after a few attempts, which is really sad given how heartwarming this game is.
Try load one of the autosaves.
I've had similar issues with a lot of games. Usually trying various saves or an autosave works.

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I read that hitting "ignore" fixed it for a few people as well. You could also try loading an older savegame, one that you made during 0.16, that should fix it as well. It's just a renpy issue since I rolled back to an older renpy version.

KnolleJupp

Mar 24, 2020
I felt that way:
When I started playing MNF the first time the visual style wasn't that good compared to other games.
But what aroused my interest was the story. I wanted to know how the story develops.

After some ingame days the visual style became less and less important.
And the visual style got better and better with every update.

OK, Daz3D games have a better and more realistic style compared to the comic-like style of Honey Select.
But that doesn't help when the story isn't captivating with soulless characters and strange decisions.

Last edited:

Deezius

Aug 6, 2017
Hitting ignore doesn't do anything but prompt the "Looks like you aren't loading a save!" dialogue, and loading any of my saves (or autosaves) just causes the same error with option of rollback/ignore and that seems to crash no matter what I do. I guess I just hope for later versions to fix things for me, or wish mah family farewell.

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Hitting ignore doesn't do anything but prompt the "Looks like you aren't loading a save!" dialogue, and loading any of my saves (or autosaves) just causes the same error with option of rollback/ignore and that seems to crash no matter what I do. I guess I just hope for later versions to fix things for me, or wish mah family farewell.
You could also try downloading the savegame that is in the OP, that will work 100%. There is also a guide on how to change the mc's name etc. It's a full harem save. Then just hold ctrl for a few minutes :D.

Last edited:

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019

As much as I agree that you keep getting better and better, Killer7 I think anyone who had an issue with the art at the beginning wouldn't see enough of a difference to change their mind, as that's usually a style thing - some people just don't like the "cartoony" 3D models, and there's not really a way around that. That's all I was trying to say.

Reactions: Killer7

Lebeaubrun

Oct 27, 2019

Thanks for answering! my question was purely rander related. Ive seen many HS games that improve their quality over time and were the begining doesnt reflect the later quality..

Oh did I use the term wrong? I mean simping just for saying that many seems to really love the game and are quick to recommand it. Not in a bad way.
My comparisons were only render related. I actually prefer light content myself. My bad used the wrong wording.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naxos and Killer7
May 26, 2020
So does this super naked ginger pee time scene actually exist, or is it just a meme? Cause if it exists I missed it somehow, despite it being the whole reason I gave this a spin

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
So does this super naked ginger pee time scene actually exist, or is it just a meme? Cause if it exists I missed it somehow, despite it being the whole reason I gave this a spin
Yes, you have to watch Alice the first time she pee's on the boat i think to start them

3.90 star(s) 250 Votes