Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I really do like this game also the other one that he's working on. But 8 months for an update? That's a bit much. I'm hoping when the update finally gets here it is a sizeable one. Maybe pick a game and work on it till it's done then work on the other? I don't know which one is better i like both games but the slow updates really kills it for me.
I made a patreon poll a few months ago where I asked what people would prefer - Work on one game or alternate between both games after each update. The result was that almost everyone wanted me to alternate between MNF and MNM - So 8 months is not really accurate. I've been working on MNF exclusively for ~2 months now and I'm more or less half done with the update. It will release this year. Alternating between games means that there is less chance of me getting burned out - Which almost happened a few times by now.

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
i thought you did get burnt out.....

it feels longer than a few months
I mean you're not wrong. It's been 8 months since the last update. I know k7 took a break for certain reasons. Which took longer for MNM to come out which delayed MNF since they're alternating between games. Understandable though.

Reactions: pgm_01

jackdragonchaos

Jun 22, 2019
I mean you're not wrong. It's been 8 months since the last update. I know k7 took a break for certain reasons. Which took longer for MNM to come out which delayed MNF since they're alternating between games. Understandable though.
yup understandable i rather see k7 take time and self care than burn out and make rushed shit or rushed end

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
The updates are far larger because of the time between updates, which besides giving more playtime for each update, also allows the story to develop nicely. The plot of some games allows for quick monthly updates, but for a good story based VN, which both of K7's games are, a longer time between releases means a better flowing story. Both of these games are always worth the wait.

Reactions: Soulpuppet

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
The updates are far larger because of the time between updates, which besides giving more playtime for each update, also allows the story to develop nicely. The plot of some games allows for quick monthly updates, but for a good story based VN, which both of K7's games are, a longer time between releases means a better flowing story. Both of these games are always worth the wait.
Oh yeah for sure. I wasn't complaining. I've been around k7 for a couple years now. MNF and MNM are my top favorite games. I was just commenting that yeah it felt more then a couple months because it has been lol. They are always worth the wait that's for sure. :)

Reactions: pgm_01 and Elhemeer

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I agree though, it is a long time and I'm personally not the biggest fan of it either. I mean, even if you substract the time that I worked on My New Memories from it, its still 2 months where I'm "only" halfway done with the update, compared to the ~6 weeks I used to need for a regular MNF update. It sucks for myself that I'm not able to put out stuff as much as I used to, even with the mental/physical health issues I'm facing. I would prefer if I could return to my old self in terms of work speed, and maybe I will as time goes on. Working on MNF has gotten harder and harder though since it's been over 3 years now with a game that is already very very big. It's easier to work on My New Memories for me, which kinda works like a reset button after a MNF update dropped, so it was definitely the right decision to listen to you guys and alternate between games.

i thought you did get burnt out.....

it feels longer than a few months
I'm not sure, to be honest. The last time I felt like it was too much was early this year, before 0.22 dropped. I don't know if it was a burnout or just me being in a slump in terms of writing.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I agree though, it is a long time and I'm personally not the biggest fan of it either. I mean, even if you substract the time that I worked on My New Memories from it, its still 2 months where I'm "only" halfway done with the update, compared to the ~6 weeks I used to need for a regular MNF update. It sucks for myself that I'm not able to put out stuff as much as I used to, even with the mental/physical health issues I'm facing. I would prefer if I could return to my old self in terms of work speed, and maybe I will as time goes on. Working on MNF has gotten harder and harder though since it's been over 3 years now with a game that is already very very big. It's easier to work on My New Memories for me, which kinda works like a reset button after a MNF update dropped, so it was definitely the right decision to listen to you guys and alternate between games.

I'm not sure, to be honest. The last time I felt like it was too much was early this year, before 0.22 dropped. I don't know if it was a burnout or just me being in a slump in terms of writing.
You're human, it can happen especially when you're almost at the end of the game to not be as fast at the beginning, lots of factors can enter the equation and the mental fatigue is the most important one.
It's an entirely different thing to start fresh on a project where all the characters are still not yet defined and the relationship are at the start, opposed to now where you must take into consideration every steps and consider carfully all the outcomes.
Also in terms of strain, both physical and mentally, even if you feel ok, it's only natural if you can't be as fast as when you started, and what you say about MNM confirm it.
MNM is the result of all the experience you had with MNF, that was your sparring to let you became more efficient and skilled as a dev and a storyteller, but at the same time it asked a lot from you in terms of stress.
It's not surprising that you are facing some difficulties in closing it properly the characters of MNF are so defined that they require more works because you have to be consistent, since at this point they have a defined lore, so don't be harsh on yourself.
You grew a lot as an artist so things that, maybe, you would have closed in a fastest way before now requires more time because you want them better, and quality always require time to be achieved. :)

Reactions: KonfinedKnat

jackdragonchaos

Jun 22, 2019
i'd say a slump in writing is a small burnout

is mnm nickname mountain or there isn't one, cause we have pelican for mnf

Kytronix

A New Level In Pleasure
Donor
Dec 17, 2019

I know that Halloween is on monday, but monday is for progress updates, and progress updates get different renders. So I thought, why not post the halloween renders earlier ( I feel like that's what most devs do anyway ).

For My New Memories I decided to put the six daughters in cute costumes and let them pose in a "somewhat creepy" area. I also decided to not put any text or watermark on it this time, so if you want to use this as a background somewhere, it's easier!

For My New Family it's the three gingers dressed up as witches flying around, while Mary and Becca watch in amazement. Same thing, no text no watermark or anything!

I hope you enjoy them!

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022

I know that Halloween is on monday, but monday is for progress updates, and progress updates get different renders. So I thought, why not post the halloween renders earlier ( I feel like that's what most devs do anyway ).

For My New Memories I decided to put the six daughters in cute costumes and let them pose in a "somewhat creepy" area. I also decided to not put any text or watermark on it this time, so if you want to use this as a background somewhere, it's easier!

For My New Family it's the three gingers dressed up as witches flying around, while Mary and Becca watch in amazement. Same thing, no text no watermark or anything!

I hope you enjoy them!

All I have to say is that I'm glad they're nowhere near Kansas because I'd hate for a house to fall from the sky.

Reactions: Killer7

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
I made a patreon poll a few months ago where I asked what people would prefer - Work on one game or alternate between both games after each update. The result was that almost everyone wanted me to alternate between MNF and MNM - So 8 months is not really accurate. I've been working on MNF exclusively for ~2 months now and I'm more or less half done with the update. It will release this year. Alternating between games means that there is less chance of me getting burned out - Which almost happened a few times by now.
Sorry for complaining. Your doing a great job on both stories and i know it takes time to do both. As i said i like both stories and it would be hard for me to choose which one you worked on. I'm the type of person that likes to pick up a book and read it beginning to end in one go. I watch my tv shows on netflix so i can binge watch the whole season. lol I guess i shouldn't be playing these games if that's the case huh? lol. But Your doing a great job. Keep it up and good luck.

Reactions: pgm_01 and Killer7

Kytronix

A New Level In Pleasure
Donor
Dec 17, 2019

Hello there you wonderful and very cute people!

Another week, another progress update!

Reminder: If you were pledged or if you pledged before October 14th, Patreon will try to charge you again tomorrow ( the 1st ). So if money is tight and/or you don't want to support me anymore, don't forget to cancel your pledge!

Now, let's talk about the games!

As you may have noticed I was able to release Beta 3 on sunday. This means that I was also able to release 2 betas this month - Which make me pretty happy. It has been a while since I was able to do that, even for My New Family, so that kinda gave me a good boost in terms of work mentality. Of course that doesn't mean I'm going to slow down or anything - I'll try to do the same in november!

The early start of the fourth day will be kind of a throwback to the old days of My New Family. You wake up with the gingers and have a talk with Lucy inside the house before breakfast. I feel like it has been forever since the MC had that. Theres also going to be some interesting things happening that day, including some lewd events with a girl that got some ink on her body. Oh, and some lady with very large assets gets some love as well. I think she's the au... Neighbor. Yeah, it was neighbor. Just some fun time in general with the girls. They are all pretty excited because of the wedding and other things that got revealed this update anyway. I think once you play the first day you will get what I mean with that, theres also a very emotional event with Elaine on the third day where she will talk about things no one really talked about before yet. All in all, this update will be very very special compared to every other update we had so far.

Regarding My New Memories, it's more or less the same as last week. I've been preparing some renders and I also did a little writing after I was done with the My New Family beta. I think I will be able to start to work on My New Memories earlier again than I thought. I'm also going to make a few more fun renders in the coming days and weeks, so make sure you are on the discord to check them out! Todays render is Sabrina having a talk with the MC, where he questions her regarding some things Anna said in his dreams...

And I think that's it for now. If anything comes up I'll let you guys know. You will also get a teaser post this week, like usual after 3 days of MNF are done. Stay awesome! Oh, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN of course!

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

Hello there you wonderful and very cute people!

Another week, another progress update!

Reminder: If you were pledged or if you pledged before October 14th, Patreon will try to charge you again tomorrow ( the 1st ). So if money is tight and/or you don't want to support me anymore, don't forget to cancel your pledge!

Now, let's talk about the games!

As you may have noticed I was able to release Beta 3 on sunday. This means that I was also able to release 2 betas this month - Which make me pretty happy. It has been a while since I was able to do that, even for My New Family, so that kinda gave me a good boost in terms of work mentality. Of course that doesn't mean I'm going to slow down or anything - I'll try to do the same in november!

The early start of the fourth day will be kind of a throwback to the old days of My New Family. You wake up with the gingers and have a talk with Lucy inside the house before breakfast. I feel like it has been forever since the MC had that. Theres also going to be some interesting things happening that day, including some lewd events with a girl that got some ink on her body. Oh, and some lady with very large assets gets some love as well. I think she's the au... Neighbor. Yeah, it was neighbor. Just some fun time in general with the girls. They are all pretty excited because of the wedding and other things that got revealed this update anyway. I think once you play the first day you will get what I mean with that, theres also a very emotional event with Elaine on the third day where she will talk about things no one really talked about before yet. All in all, this update will be very very special compared to every other update we had so far.

Regarding My New Memories, it's more or less the same as last week. I've been preparing some renders and I also did a little writing after I was done with the My New Family beta. I think I will be able to start to work on My New Memories earlier again than I thought. I'm also going to make a few more fun renders in the coming days and weeks, so make sure you are on the discord to check them out! Todays render is Sabrina having a talk with the MC, where he questions her regarding some things Anna said in his dreams...

And I think that's it for now. If anything comes up I'll let you guys know. You will also get a teaser post this week, like usual after 3 days of MNF are done. Stay awesome! Oh, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN of course!

Thanks for posting it here

Can't wait to go back to mnf

3.90 star(s) 249 Votes