rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018

Hello there you super attractive and cute people out in the world!

Another week, another progress update!

Same as last week regarding My New Family, I think. I'm also still debating what engine I'm going to use for the renders in MNF2. It kinda sucks that I'm so indecisive, I basically have three options: Stick with Honey Select ( what I'm using right now to make the renders ), Use Honey Select 2 ( which will make the game look better while still somewhat keeping the charme of the more cartoony look ) or use DAZ ( this would change the artstyle drastically, probably in a way where characters like Lucy would lose a lot of their charme ). There are a few images of MNF Characters recreated in DAZ3D, like Lucy and Maddie, and I think they both look good. But yeah, I still haven't fully decided yet, even though the clock is ticking. I will keep you guys posted.

Now, My New memories.

I've been splitting my work again and made around 50 renders last week. I like to do this since rendering takes quite some time, depending on the scene. The script for the first day is about 50% done, I would say. Theres basically two more major events happening, then some evening stuff and then of course, the Anna dream sequence. I actually almost spoiled a huge thing for Chapter 4 regarding those dreams last week, I'm glad I didn't though, especially since the next update will be Chapter 3. Anyway, it looks like I might be able to actually finish the script this week. Not sure though, since I'm also preparing renders on the side. There might be a lewd scene added later on, so if you are a supporter and end up playing the beta once it releases, I'll give you a warning to save at a certain point to watch the lewd scene once the animation is done. The first day is pretty packed but doesn't follow a red line like the first day in Chapter 2 did, so you will see all kind of stuff with the girls. Kinda hard to point out a highlight of the day, but I'd say the talk with Bethany will have a lot of interesting things. Especially since it might not be a talk as you thought it will be - Bethany seems to be someone that reacts pretty impulsive towards things. So while she might say one thing, she might do the complete opposite when her emotions overcome her. Not gonna say more, I'll let your fantasy do the rest here. I can guarantee you though, things with her will progress very very fast. At least during these moments...What happens afterwards is a very different story. You'll see what I mean in Chapter 3. Todays render is Lina in the early morning hours again, though. He tells her about the email he got, while she prepares to drink her first coffee of the day ( even though she will lay down again ). These morning gatherings used to be pretty common between her and the MC.

And I think thats it for now. I'm pretty happy with how work on MNM is progressing. I still have to update the patreon tiers, I will make a memo to not forget it again. So keep an eye out for this post. And if anything comes up, I'll let you guys know. Stay awesome!

My vote is stick with Honey Select 1. Just saying.

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
I for one would love to see it done in DAZ. Playing this for Killer's great writing as the only HS game I can stand at all (and Killer's doing a great job at getting the maximum quality out of HS), but I still don't like that comic style. Also, at least HS1 has been limiting him a lot, and I don't know whether HS2 is better in this regard, for example in the lewd animations that are all essentially the same and not that good at all.
But it's Killer's decision, nobody else's.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
If we're talking glazed ham, definitely!!
I for one would love to see it done in DAZ. Playing this for Killer's great writing as the only HS game I can stand at all (and Killer's doing a great job at getting the maximum quality out of HS), but I still don't like that comic style. Also, at least HS1 has been limiting him a lot, and I don't know whether HS2 is better in this regard, for example in the lewd animations that are all essentially the same and not that good at all.
But it's Killer's decision, nobody else's.
I would also vote for DAZ.

jackdragonchaos

Jun 22, 2019
i can't tell the difference most time, so go with what is not too troublesome also orcs. idk why i'm stuck on orcs but eh

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'll be honest, I probably like the visual realism that comes with characters built in a program like DAZ, but the games I play are all over the map style-wise, and all of them I enjoy because of the story first. I don't think I've played any game more than a couple of chapter JUST because of the style.

So Killer7, stick with whatever makes you most comfortable. I'll be there regardless.

MChief0815

Sep 23, 2020
Enjoy the mod!

Edit: Updated to Pt. 2 v0.23

Note: IMPORTANT MAKE SURE YOU ARE DOWNLOADING THE VERSION APPROPRIATE FILE OF THE MOD:
v0.1-0.14 First File; v0.15 ON Second file. If you don't read this I'm not responsible.

Install:
Extract to "game" folder, overwrite if prompted.

IMPORTANT: You will need to install the (Ipatch) yourself as I am not taking chances including it with the way Patreon is ATM (if you don't know what that is, ask someone in the thread).
*Also, this is all my own code from scratch your saves should work just fine with this though.*

You can find this and all my other content here:

Or you can:
Great mod.
I added missing replays to the "unlock all" button of the gallery (Version 0.23), see "gallery.rpy"

Reactions: elementalist777

Kytronix

A New Level In Pleasure
Donor
Dec 17, 2019

Hello there you very cute and wholesome people!

Another week, another progress update!

First, sorry for still not updating the supporter tiers. Was a pretty busy week. Will do it this week though, 100%!

I feel like it's more or less the same in regards to My New Family, I'm currently checking if I can recreate Lucy in DAZ, just to get a feel if it's even possible to begin with. It kinda eased my mind that you people are pretty much fine with anything, which is good for me. Still, Lucy is the most important character ( because of her cat features ) so whichever engine I use, she has to retain her uniqueness somehow. Once I have something to show, I'll let you guys know and of course, post her here.

Now, My New Memories. Work is still going very good, I was more focused on writing again but renders are also cooking at the moment. It feels good to kinda alternate between both, for one half of the day I'm preparing renders, for the other half I'm writing. I decided to shift one event from the first day to the second day since it's already a very busy one. It's the event with Lena where you go to the city with her to buy some Christmas presents and other things. That will happen on the second day. I mainly did that because some of the events of the day are pretty long - for example, the talk with Bethany or the one with Sabrina. This means that the update in general will be bigger, since there are some new discoveries that have to be talked about. I'm doing something here that I wasn't able to do in My New Family, giving the father of the MC a more positive backstory. I'm curious what you guys will think about that. It's not a thing they will talk about 24/7, but there will be some things explained that the MC doesn't remember yet. For example, why Sabrina and Jessica have such strong negative feelings towards him. I feel like you usually don't see this in a lot vns, a father that wasn't a total monster. But of course, the main thing of this chapter will be the resolve of the amnesia arc and certain other things. I'm pretty sure you'll especially enjoy the ending...Woops, almost spoilered too much. Oh yeah, todays render is Lina during the morning talk again. Can never have too much Lina, right?

And I think that's it for now. I'm happy that I'm still making good progress and I promise I will make a post to update you guys on my patreon tier plans. Anyway, if anything comes up I'll let you guys know as well. Stay awesome!

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
The main conflict in MNF 5 of course comes from the Anti-Pelican League which formed after the events of MNF 4 lead to the MC discovering the magical powers inherent to his bloodline (all technically starting from Elaine) which involves, of course, the arcane phallus; capable of extending the life of any it enters for as long as the recipient desires (also halting aging). The APL want to force the MC to keep a cabal of rich people in infinite life despite them neither loving nor being loved by the MC, and it's mostly due to jealousy of Fiona.
I was just reading through some of my old posts (was looking for something) and, uh... called it?

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I was just reading through some of my old posts (was looking for something) and, uh... called it?
Well that's definitely a good idea for an eventual future episode of MNF, let's just find another rich woman to be converted, I don't think Fiona would be that jealous after being loved so much by the MC, but I dig it. :D

Reactions: Killer7

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
It's the other rich people being jealous of Fiona, not her being jealous lol.
Ops, sorry my bad what I understood it was her being jealous of the MC, anyway nothing than a good treatment from the MC to cure them of any jealousy... After a good amount of his magic rod of happiness and love they all would feel better.;):D

Reactions: Killer7

jimmy198585

Jan 13, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'endgame'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/chapter7.rpyc", line 9195, in script
File "G:\MyNewFamily-0.14-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "G:\MyNewFamily-0.14-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
My new family 0.14
Mon Jan 23 02:31:20 2023

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/chapter7.rpyc", line 9195, in script
File "G:\MyNewFamily-0.14-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "G:\MyNewFamily-0.14-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
My new family 0.14
Mon Jan 23 02:31:20 2023
Yeah...I think that happens when you rejected Sandra. I'll take another look.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
One advantage of using DAZ for MNF2 is that it makes cameos/crossovers possible.
Only real reason to go with DAZ over HS2 is to get the game on Steam. While the difference in potential earnings is pretty huge, changing the art style to DAZ would be pretty jarring for most fans. Especially Lucy. :cry:

Last edited:

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Only real reason to go with DAZ over HS2 is to get the game on Steam. While the difference in potential earnings is pretty huge, changing the art style to DAZ would be pretty jarring from most fans. Especially Lucy. :cry:
That is the most important thing for me, keep Lucy special. I'm not sure I can pull that off in Daz, I will give it a try just to be sure and if I'm not happy with either HS2 or DAZ, I can always stay with HS1.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I can always stay with HS1.
That's what I would do.
I think MNFs characters live from their designs second and your writing first. So I think changing them them visually would be a loss.
We saw the HS2 designs and they never really clicked with me. I doubt DAZ will.

3.90 star(s) 249 Votes