4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

lehu84

Mar 26, 2021
Killer7 is being investigated by the GERMAN law enforcement not the U.S. as he lives ,works, and plays in that country. :rolleyes:
I know. I was just commenting on US law and legal practice. Killer's situation was discussed here so many times already that I don't think I could bring anything new to that discussion.

TamreeFugar

May 14, 2021
That is so true, But things are getting better for Killer as we speak. It's just a matter of time before they come to the conclusion that everything legitimate and on the up & up if you know what I mean.;)

avinci

Sep 5, 2018
As far as I know, here in Germany, if you/the evidence are cleared, you are supposed to get your confiscated stuff back - if not, you won't.
That doesn't mean, evidence doesn't get lost though.

This is not about his PC though, but his storage mediums the data is on. There are multiple, so not all 'should' go missing.
Without those storage devices, K7 has no backups for most of the characters daz configurations, so would need to create them from scratch, resulting in visual differences.

While there should be no evidence regarding the original accusations (crypto scam), the investigator(s) seem to try to make a case out of the visuals though, in portraying him as displaying forbidden content.
That 'should' also not stick, but might lengthen the process and might not be a case of just not finding the stuff they were looking for, but how the visuals are interpreted.
Why is this still a thing in modern day? Dont people in the pro field back up there important work data online? This idea that confiscation of my hdd = loss of work seems too old school and unserious to me.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Why is this still a thing in modern day? Dont people in the pro field back up there important work data online? This idea that confiscation of my hdd = loss of work seems too old school and unserious to me.
Maybe it's because you're a kid(Under 50 is a kid to me. No disrespect intended) and a lot of us are old. Hell, I lost 2 years of writing/coding of a game I was developing(Just needed a Daz artist) when my RAID10 died. Even though a few others told me to get online storage, I thought the RAID10 was the best option, so I didn't do what they advised.

Reactions: tslojr

Ermi33

Aug 11, 2020
Because the days are modern but the laws aren‘t.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I was planning on keeping backups online, but it's almost 1TB Of data. I was postponing it over and over again because I thought "If something happens, I still have 3 harddrives that have the exact same data". I had no idea shit like that would happen, though. I mean, I learned my lesson now and will always keep a full backup online somewhere, but back then the thought that I get framed never ocurred to me. At least not with shit like that.

turgsh01

Apr 13, 2020
I was planning on keeping backups online, but it's almost 1TB Of data. I was postponing it over and over again because I thought "If something happens, I still have 3 harddrives that have the exact same data". I had no idea shit like that would happen, though. I mean, I learned my lesson now and will always keep a full backup online somewhere, but back then the thought that I get framed never ocurred to me. At least not with shit like that.
Or, just have a backup at another location, like a friend's house or family and just swap it out to update it a few times a year. Much cheaper than cloud which has it's own set of issues.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I'd just like to point out, that backing up to "the cloud" isn't fool proof, especially given the nature of the work getting uploaded. I've heard lots of stories of erotic novelists, and fan fiction writers, getting locked out of their Google Drive accounts for having "inappropriate" content on there. Which has lost them access to tons of uploaded work.

This is a sexually explicit visual novel, uploading anything relating to it's development could easily run into trouble with ever shifting rules of what content is allowed or not on any given cloud hosting service

Mickademous

Nov 21, 2017
I'd just like to point out, that backing up to "the cloud" isn't fool proof, especially given the nature of the work getting uploaded. I've heard lots of stories of erotic novelists, and fan fiction writers, getting locked out of their Google Drive accounts for having "inappropriate" content on there. Which has lost them access to tons of uploaded work.

This is a sexually explicit visual novel, uploading anything relating to it's development could easily run into trouble with ever shifting rules of what content is allowed or not on any given cloud hosting service
Easiest way around that is to put the content in an encrypted archive.
Doesn't even have to have compression, as long as the archive is encrypted they can't see the contents so there's no issue.

Jaga Telesin

Apr 19, 2023
Here's an easy solution to anyone's backup/storage challenges:

I use it on my media server, and have multiple folder mirrors on data I value highly. Doesn't require RAID, and works with offline (scheduled) parity tools like SnapRAID. Even works with drives of mismatched sizes. Quality stuff I recommend to anyone.

4.50 star(s) 154 Votes