4.50 star(s) 154 Votes
Mar 29, 2023
Malt beer I believe is Root Beer. My Grand use to say that.
No malt beer is low alcohol beer, during brewing either the yeast is added at 0 degrees celcius or the fermentation is stopped at desired alcohol level. Looks similar (and tastes) as regular beer.

Root beer is made from the root of the sassafras tree iirc. Mostly alcohol free. Looks dark brown-ish and is very sweet.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
No malt beer is low alcohol beer, during brewing either the yeast is added at 0 degrees celcius or the fermentation is stopped at desired alcohol level. Looks similar (and tastes) as regular beer.

Root beer is made from the root of the sassafras tree iirc. Mostly alcohol free. Looks dark brown-ish and is very sweet.
Like I said, to me it tastes like sarsaparilla.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Root beer came to be because of prohibition I thought - and therefore more sensible countries didn't need it. :)
Nope, it was already a thing apparently. Prohibition is just when they started making it non-alcoholic.
I also learned that the stuff actual root beer is traditionally made from is now verboten in the US because reasons.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
We had bubble gum that tasted exactly like root beer when I grew up. Of course, root beer didn't exist here at that time :)
I think I've had that gum in the states or similar flavored. Here, at least, bubblegum is kinda it's own distinct very sweet vaguely fruity very pink flavor. As well as describing a type of gum that is usually better for blowing bubbles.

Reactions: Elhemeer

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Nope, it was already a thing apparently. Prohibition is just when they started making it non-alcoholic.
I also learned that the stuff actual root beer is traditionally made from is now verboten in the US because reasons.
Wonder if it got caught up in the wormwood scares.

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017
At least you can no longer blame us for Budweiser - the Belgians bought it. :D
This is amazing. I thought that the best beer comes from Belgium. Like Duvel, an amazing nice beer. And than they buy Bud? I remembered one sip which I spitted out. It tasted like owlpi@#. Well good luck Belgium! Enjoy truless tasteless beer.....

Totally off topic but I couldn't resist this one.......

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
This is amazing. I thought that the best beer comes from Belgium. Like Duvel, an amazing nice beer. And than they buy Bud? I remembered one sip which I spitted out. AIt tasted like owlpi@#. Well good luck Belgium!

well loads off americans drink american beer like water (probably because its closer to water then beer :ROFLMAO:)
i'd say its a decent investment ,probably got it whit a discount due shit that went down a while back whit bud

Reactions: Jafo

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
This is amazing. I thought that the best beer comes from Belgium. Like Duvel, an amazing nice beer. And than they buy Bud? I remembered one sip which I spitted out. It tasted like owlpi@#. Well good luck Belgium! Enjoy truless tasteless beer.....

Why do you know what owl piss tastes like?

4.50 star(s) 154 Votes