The Coder

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yeah latest edition something is whacked.. the performance is awful! Maybe the dev changed renpy version and did not delete the old base for Renpy because it was freezing up a lot. Never happened on earlier releases.

Dev PLEASE go back to the older Renpy this latest release is garbage by Renpy! I have a full high end spec gaming machine and was seeing problems with this latest release.

AMD 2700x Ryzen Processor
Radeon 5600XT
32GB of 3200Mhz DDR memory
500GB SSD (the other 21 TB are mechanical drives)

So the ONLY thing it can be is the latest garbage release by Renpy that is full of bugs and never should of been released. I been seeing this in a few games that have updated to the buggy release of Renpy.
Noted will, try and check next update. I must say it's strange that I did not face any issues on my tests on Linux or Windows, I did experience frame dips when mouse hovers over Hint other than that it was quite smooth.

Goat101

Jun 9, 2021
Hey is anyone else feeling large frame drops? everything just goes really slow and skips a few frames. Im not sure how to fix this.

The Coder

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hey is anyone else feeling large frame drops? everything just goes really slow and skips a few frames. Im not sure how to fix this.
I have had few instance till now, can you tell me when do you experience the drop? it it when you try to change the room?

felicenko28

Jun 2, 2017
I found most of the characters in Koikatsu, but I can't find the character of Linda. Where can i found the Linda's character card for Koikatsu?

The Coder

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
do you know how to make one? So i can make one myself
This should do the trick,
text what id "what":
outlines [ (absolute(3), "#000", absolute(1.5), absolute(1.5)) ]
color "#FFFFFF"

or
define gui.dialogue_text_outlines = [ (2, "#000000", 1, 1) ]
define gui.name_text_outlines = [ (2, "#000000", 1, 1) ]

Incest games fan

Jun 16, 2019
This should do the trick,
text what id "what":
outlines [ (absolute(3), "#000", absolute(1.5), absolute(1.5)) ]
color "#FFFFFF"

or
define gui.dialogue_text_outlines = [ (2, "#000000", 1, 1) ]
define gui.name_text_outlines = [ (2, "#000000", 1, 1) ]
I give up. I don't know how to do that

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ninjahotsprings

Incest games fan

Jun 16, 2019
If you want text outlines just extract this to the game folder then run the game.
IMG_20220910_024543.jpg doesnt work. I don't know why the developer insisting with that shitty white textbox and put no black outlines in the dialogue text. If i remove the textbox, i couldn't read. But if i didnt, i couldn't see the whole images

The Coder

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
View attachment 2034115 doesnt work. I don't know why the developer insisting with that shitty white textbox and put no black outlines in the dialogue text. If i remove the textbox, i couldn't read. But if i didnt, i couldn't see the whole images
I learnt about this recently, unfortunately I will have to update couple of scripts for this to work in all the cases.

Reactions: ninjahotsprings

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
The August 28th Patreon post is locked, and from the small glimpse that I saw it says, "Next big project!". What does this mean?

Lycant

Aug 10, 2020
Hi I downloaded the game and put it into the renpy launcher but when I tried to open the game I was met with this error

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/infrastructure/UpdateManager.rpy", line 36: invalid syntax
except Exception, e:
^

File "game/scripts/GeneralFunctions.rpy", line 72: invalid syntax
except Exception, aInnerError:
^

File "game/scripts/PlaceRegistrations.rpy", line 405: invalid syntax
except Exception, e:
^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.0.3.22083102

I'm on Mac

The Coder

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hi I downloaded the game and put it into the renpy launcher but when I tried to open the game I was met with this error

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/infrastructure/UpdateManager.rpy", line 36: invalid syntax
except Exception, e:
^

File "game/scripts/GeneralFunctions.rpy", line 72: invalid syntax
except Exception, aInnerError:
^

File "game/scripts/PlaceRegistrations.rpy", line 405: invalid syntax
except Exception, e:
^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.0.3.22083102

I'm on Mac
Hi Can you try with Renpy 7.3, the link for the dmg file is in the Developer note page 1

3.60 star(s) 31 Votes