The Coder

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yeah, I already cleared that. Still, based on what I've seen even with "a new start" that MC is talking about with Amelie. Sandra still not knowing anything definitely tells that it might be a long while since that matter can ever be resolved. After all, it would nice to see some incest threesomes, foursomes or with the entire household in future updates.

The post you quoted mostly refers to, if after clearing everything on this update, that alone trip with Sandra are the only things left to do? There's nothing else on the tracker after all.
Yea, Sandra's content is till the trip

Pmaxi

May 12, 2021
could someone give me a save from the end of version 0.8? I played on another pc and would like to continue where I left off...

Six0

Mar 22, 2019
Does the compressed version use 4k images? Because this game runs like ass on my computer. (At least the one I use for hentai games, which is admittedly weak but not THIS weak.) Constant stutters, can barely move the mouse at all and the weird thing is it's barely using any GPU, CPU or RAM in task manager.

The Coder

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Does the compressed version use 4k images? Because this game runs like ass on my computer. (At least the one I use for hentai games, which is admittedly weak but not THIS weak.) Constant stutters, can barely move the mouse at all and the weird thing is it's barely using any GPU, CPU or RAM in task manager.
All of then use HD versions, how bad is the stutters, try diabaling pinned hint, that should improve the gameplay

Jacky_69

Oct 29, 2020
New error when trying to relive memories with the mom, tried it with all the scenes and same error pops up

Six0

Mar 22, 2019
All of then use HD versions, how bad is the stutters, try diabaling pinned hint, that should improve the gameplay
I don't remember seeing anything in the settings about a pinned hint. The furthest I got was to the sister's introduction and then I had to shut it down. When I say the mouse barely moves at all, even doing that much was a pain. As soon as the game window is activated it's like my whole system freezes, no matter what screen it's on. Title screen, save screen, gameplay, etc. I think being able to turn off the game's custom, heart shaped cursor would help fix this problem.

The Coder

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I don't remember seeing anything in the settings about a pinned hint. The furthest I got was to the sister's introduction and then I had to shut it down. When I say the mouse barely moves at all, even doing that much was a pain. As soon as the game window is activated it's like my whole system freezes, no matter what screen it's on. Title screen, save screen, gameplay, etc. I think being able to turn off the game's custom, heart shaped cursor would help fix this problem.
It should not be that, bad, minor stutters here and there is what I noticed, can you share me the save file?

Six0

Mar 22, 2019
It should not be that, bad, minor stutters here and there is what I noticed, can you share me the save file?
What type of information would a Ren'py save file have? Would it include my system specs or just game progress and settings? I haven't been able to make it past the first few lines of dialog. I recorded a video of the issue I'm having if you want to see it. It's weird, because whenever a game has performance this bad, you can at least see why in the task manager.

Alternatively, I tried playing the game on my main PC, which I don't use for playing hentai games on and it ran fine. Which could only mean the issue is hardware related. Main PC has a dedicated GPU and more RAM while the mule PC has an on-board GPU and less RAM.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Speaking to the save file part - it just has game data. Variables/etc. I junction the save folder that renpy uses in the appdata\ location to a shared network drive, and then have multiple systems that use it. So between various systems of various specs, they dont care. Just needs to be junction-ed on each machine to the network path. This way beyond the local copy each game has, the network copy is kept up-to-date across machines.

As for sys specs.. it does seem the later 7x versions of renpy, and potentially the newer 8x does not like older cpu/gpu hardware, and especially certain igpu/apu setups. Just seen too many posts from various people with very low, or old spec machines having issues with renpy games. While renpy is not that heavy of an engine, and it doesnt have high overhead, I think it just comes down to the python code processing and how it interacts with certain drivers/firmware.

Reactions: The Coder

The Coder

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
What type of information would a Ren'py save file have? Would it include my system specs or just game progress and settings? I haven't been able to make it past the first few lines of dialog. I recorded a video of the issue I'm having if you want to see it. It's weird, because whenever a game has performance this bad, you can at least see why in the task manager.

Alternatively, I tried playing the game on my main PC, which I don't use for playing hentai games on and it ran fine. Which could only mean the issue is hardware related. Main PC has a dedicated GPU and more RAM while the mule PC has an on-board GPU and less RAM.
Speaking to the save file part - it just has game data. Variables/etc. I junction the save folder that renpy uses in the appdata\ location to a shared network drive, and then have multiple systems that use it. So between various systems of various specs, they dont care. Just needs to be junction-ed on each machine to the network path. This way beyond the local copy each game has, the network copy is kept up-to-date across machines.

As for sys specs.. it does seem the later 7x versions of renpy, and potentially the newer 8x does not like older cpu/gpu hardware, and especially certain igpu/apu setups. Just seen too many posts from various people with very low, or old spec machines having issues with renpy games. While renpy is not that heavy of an engine, and it doesnt have high overhead, I think it just comes down to the python code processing and how it interacts with certain drivers/firmware.
A good explanation here, my main motivation for the save file was to see upon loading that will I face the same issue? I though you had progressed way deep into the game then seeing the issue, if the issue is happening in first few dialogues then there is something else wrong. One thing I can recommend you is to is top change renders Press "Shift + G", try different renders and reduced FPS and see if it helps.

Six0

Mar 22, 2019
One thing I can recommend you is to is top change renders Press "Shift + G", try different renders and reduced FPS and see if it helps.
Just tried that, didn't help much. I lowered the framerate, changed the renderer, etc. Still had a problem with the mouse locking up. It's like the game is literally running at 1 FPS. That said, I tried something else, I ran the game off another hard drive, one that's not an SSD. That improved the insufferable performance, but it wasn't perfect. The mouse issues came back about a minute after launch. It's safe to say some Ren'py games just don't get along with SSDs, this being one of them. Another being Divimera, because I had a similar issue to a much less severe extent. The custom cursors only make things worse.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Yeah latest edition something is whacked.. the performance is awful! Maybe the dev changed renpy version and did not delete the old base for Renpy because it was freezing up a lot. Never happened on earlier releases.

Dev PLEASE go back to the older Renpy this latest release is garbage by Renpy! I have a full high end spec gaming machine and was seeing problems with this latest release.

AMD 2700x Ryzen Processor
Radeon 5600XT
32GB of 3200Mhz DDR memory
500GB SSD (the other 21 TB are mechanical drives)

So the ONLY thing it can be is the latest garbage release by Renpy that is full of bugs and never should of been released. I been seeing this in a few games that have updated to the buggy release of Renpy.

3.60 star(s) 31 Votes