pigg

Jun 15, 2018
Not really on the warpath, just tired of patreons makin more and more money over time only to stagnate in project pacing. When you reach the point you can live off your side project thus turning it into a main project, I feel that the pacing should reflect it's increasing income to some degree at least.

Patreons just seem to end up in this eternal bubble of safe income where so many patreon devsseem to just get complacent on some level, it doesn't seem to get the same tempo/risk that non-crowdfunded games and projects get.
To be fair, CyanCapsule has been churning out artwork for the past 10 years or so, at least and the game was getting updates consistently until it wasn't...

I do hate the Patreon model though and I've been burned enough by Kickstarters and Early Access games to never want to pay for an unfinished product again.

Oct 28, 2022
Flicking through the comments from the last six months i feel it's worth pointing out that whilst one can rarely ever truly proclaim any single dev is just milking when citing health issues the problem is that it's such an overused excuse that if we were to believe every instance of it's use then we would have to also believe being an AVN dev is a truly cursed career choice and the gods are just waiting to afflict them with every malady they can manage cause it really is just a cliche at this point to have an AVN dev cite health issues and keep cashing Patreon checks. There's simply no way for us to definitively sort out the genuine from the bullshit but there is no way there isn't a tonne of bullshit, so it's unavoidable to have a crowd of very skeptical critics form whenever it comes up, as well as staunch dev-defenders opposing them. Given that, without going to the egregiously unreasonable lengths of demanding proof from the dev of their ailment, who's to say if this dev or that dev is genuine or bullshit? Neither side is provably 'right' so throwing insults at each other is a waste of time, take your stance, voice it if you feel the need, but don't go on the warpath with it.
The Enlightened Centrist has spoken

Simbad-sea

May 11, 2020
Bingoogus
It's just that no one will do it. Why should they? If you lie, you lie all the way. Plus there will always be a line of defenders who will tell you that you don't need to push and demand something.
When I see games that "catch your luck by the tail" on revenue and no one is going to hire new people or work harder. Why? Everything is fine as it is.
When now in the 21st century a family of developers receiving several average monthly salaries in their country refuses to hire new people "because they are happy with everything" and after having a baby super slow down their development process (and defenders tell what a new event it is like to have a baby, an unprecedented "feature" for people) and the herd is happy with everything and the fierce admin rubs unwanted comments, I realize that further - more. More fucking wonderful:HideThePain:stories.
[Long disappointed in Kickstarter, patronage and early access]

Troopgoofmastr2889

Nov 16, 2022
Just I feel in my perspective when my money goes somewhere I pray it will be churned out with product but when people tend to forget a Artist is an Artist and a Programmer is a Programmer. There should be concern where the game goes but this game isn't abandoned ware but yeah you have that fear but instead of pushing someone for more (especially solo devs) patience is all we have like my trust in funded projects(A.k.A Kickstarter or Patreon) has been burned by the unfortunate incident was Lord Bung I now only support early access products like on steam, GOG , Itch.io. Ect because I can refund it now and not be taken from my paypal but just let the dev work we have so many games to try and im exited too for this game and Im happy what we have now but I hopeful for the next chapter(even it maybe 45 Mins of content) this is a very good story to be apart of.

Reactions: stonyx208864
Apr 24, 2023
To be fair, CyanCapsule has been churning out artwork for the past 10 years or so, at least and the game was getting updates consistently until it wasn't...

I do hate the Patreon model though and I've been burned enough by Kickstarters and Early Access games to never want to pay for an unfinished product again.
I think people forget, if you have been working on the same project for close to a decade what are the chances you end up with an illness or another personal issue come up during that time.
It's just so probable that an issue will come up to delay a project or even end it on this time scale where you have a single point of failure that it all relies on.
Don't ever invest money into something you can't afford to lose and don't treat money as an emotional extension of yourself.

Zytoxx

Jan 8, 2019
I think people forget, if you have been working on the same project for close to a decade what are the chances you end up with an illness or another personal issue come up during that time.
It's just so probable that an issue will come up to delay a project or even end it on this time scale where you have a single point of failure that it all relies on.
Don't ever invest money into something you can't afford to lose and don't treat money as an emotional extension of yourself.
My argument is that the project as a whole, is fairly slow. Considering the project has been in dev for little over 3 years now and only has about 3 hours of readable content and sex scenes which is definitely not what I was expecting, was kinda hoping like 6-10 hours at least for the timeframe xd. (Granted each individual scene is packed to the brim with highly detailed variants and stuff which is awesome, it's still not animation though so it shouldn't be as costly to produce)

I'm unaware of how long he's had such massive income on patreon but that should influence reasonable work pacing of his content, usually that's one of the reasons I tend to support crowdfunded stuff for. In the very least he could try and hire extra help to expedite his process by shuffling over menial tasks in his work process to some1 else, dude definitely has the sub budget for that xd
I'm also aware now that the dude does commission work on the side too, but I genuinely hope that isn't eating into his budgeted time from his patreon as it's not included in the sub.

Legit there's only been 3 in-VN days we've read so far for 3 hours of awesome quality content, next update of 7 monthes now seems to really only add 1 densely packed sex scene day for 1 char, and then that's it = 20-30 min of reading

Last edited:

Dude69666

Jul 21, 2020
I just know already my coomer ADHD brain is not gonna resist downloading and playing if the update comes out within the next 7 days or so when I'm in the middle of preparing for exams

Apr 22, 2019
My argument is that the project as a whole, is fairly slow. Considering the project has been in dev for little over 3 years now and only has about 3 hours of readable content and sex scenes which is definitely not what I was expecting, was kinda hoping like 6-10 hours at least for the timeframe xd. (Granted each individual scene is packed to the brim with highly detailed variants and stuff which is awesome, it's still not animation though so it shouldn't be as costly to produce)

I'm unaware of how long he's had such massive income on patreon but that should influence reasonable work pacing of his content, usually that's one of the reasons I tend to support crowdfunded stuff for. In the very least he could try and hire extra help to expedite his process by shuffling over menial tasks in his work process to some1 else, dude definitely has the sub budget for that xd
I'm also aware now that the dude does commission work on the side too, but I genuinely hope that isn't eating into his budgeted time from his patreon as it's not included in the sub.

Legit there's only been 3 in-VN days we've read so far for 3 hours of awesome quality content, next update of 7 monthes now seems to really only add 1 densely packed sex scene day for 1 char, and then that's it = 20-30 min of reading
That's the problem with many devs using patreon, or its actual concept.
They list down at the beginning their goals and that after having reached a specific amount of "supporters/money" they'll eventually improve their productivity, hire x-people and much more. Guess what? Most of the time you see a reverse trend(STS, What a Legend, Sexnote, this one and many more), maybe 1 update per year and they also start doing commissions or eventually another project. Good for them, I really wish them to do that for a living, but that's not a system I decide to support (I prefer Itch or SubscribeStar).
I really like the artstyle, but the project isn't exempt from criticism.

Another kind of game, but to me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

jokuur

May 23, 2019
That's the problem with many devs using patreon, or its actual concept.
They list down at the beginning their goals and that after having reached a specific amount of "supporters/money" they'll eventually improve their productivity, hire x-people and much more. Guess what? Most of the time you see a reverse trend(STS, What a Legend, Sexnote, this one and many more), maybe 1 update per year and they also start doing commissions or eventually another project. Good for them, I really wish them to do that for a living, but that's not a system I decide to support (I prefer Itch or SubscribeStar).
I really like the artstyle, but the project isn't exempt from criticism.

Another kind of game, but to me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
whats this debate about shitty devs lazying about? and noone is gonna blame simps? people got free controll over their money, if all supporters would punish bad dev behaviour we would deal with this stuff in a month, but unfortunately supporters dont give a fuck and will follow anyway or they even forget they subscribed and are angry because lost their money, when u behave like this u dont respect ur own wealth, thats main root cause of devs who just jump on existing money train and its hard to blame them for it - easy money

Oct 28, 2022
whats this debate about shitty devs lazying about? and noone is gonna blame simps? people got free controll over their money, if all supporters would punish bad dev behaviour we would deal with this stuff in a month, but unfortunately supporters dont give a fuck and will follow anyway or they even forget they subscribed and are angry because lost their money, when u behave like this u dont respect ur own wealth, thats main root cause of devs who just jump on existing money train and its hard to blame them for it - easy money
bro calm down

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
Ngl, 11 grand a month is nice and all but 'making a game about shagging a pig' is a tough sell as a full time job. Imagine the conversations with parents and romantic interests (and parents of romantic interests) :unsure:
It's easy, just say you work as a game developer/freelancer.
You don't need to be specific, and if they insist, you can't talk about it because of the NDA.

4.80 star(s) 210 Votes