MEOW876

Apr 26, 2020
I notice the developer a while ago,I played" The Mercenary's Adventure" first,so this is kinda hard for me but after a little bit research,it is a lot easier, shout out to those gamerwho finish the game all by himself

cookiez999

Mar 29, 2018
I have a problem after I finish interacting with any of my party members, the spider girl appears and blocks my screen, the only way to get rid of it is to talk to her in overworld does anyone have fix for this?

Last edited:

cookiez999

Mar 29, 2018
I have a problem after I finish interacting with any of my party members, the spider girl appears and blocks my screen, the only way to get rid of it is to talk to her in overworld does anyone have fix for this?
nevermind the problem was fixed after I visited the town

Yuditz

Apr 25, 2021
Hi everyone, some months ago I played Mercenary adventure for the first time and I enjoyed it a lot, since then I along other users mainly Sheik100 we have been posting some stuff in the game's thread about hidden/strange/ things in that game along some theories behind the Takamakuran games lore which includes this game too, I'm still playing Mercs Adventure but decided to try My]R and its awesome even if its plot is very obscure, I found very weird things in this game too so I wanted share them with all you, to not ruin anyone first play I'll post them in spoilers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also got two errors while interacting with Spider and Bird somewhere but cound't take a screenshot. I don't know if someone has a way to fix it.

Last edited:

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
I hope you all remember to save often. There's a particularly nasty oversight by the devs where after killing all the enemies in a certain area in the forest before the snowfield, you're bodyblocked by Slime and cannot leave.

• Angry
Reactions: Phenir and Yuditz

Yuditz

Apr 25, 2021
I hope you all remember to save often. There's a particularly nasty oversight by the devs where after killing all the enemies in a certain area in the forest before the snowfield, you're bodyblocked by Slime and cannot leave.
Happened to me in one of the earlier playthroughs the first time I cleaned the forest area, I thought Slime could move away if interacted enough times with her, no avail though. Its a good idea to backtrack a bit to a black orb and save before cleaning some areas if you are in a place far from one, I would recommend buy some recording machines (save items) and using one before too, but I just found something even better that may be tied to not buying anything at all from the alien npc to trigger it.

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
I think the town advancing changes some NPCs there and the date scenes but not positive on it. To be specific I think each girl has a date scene and a dress-up scene in the illusory town. Also its weird how red and blue leaders can be lead in the town but I never found anything to do with them, well there was like "oh are aliens invading?" from 1 NPC I think but nothing meaningful..

Reactions: Yuditz

Yuditz

Apr 25, 2021
I think the town advancing changes some NPCs there and the date scenes but not positive on it. To be specific I think each girl has a date scene and a dress-up scene in the illusory town. Also its weird how red and blue leaders can be lead in the town but I never found anything to do with them, well there was like "oh are aliens invading?" from 1 NPC I think but nothing meaningful..
I see so they are related to monstergirls, got the dressup scenes but I didn't know they were because that, Blue and Red are very weird, if you let some enemies alive post recruiting them you actually can use them in battle and even level up them, they learn one or two skills too, the smash and defense formation but thats it I think.

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
Full save anyone?
A full save isnt meaningful, theres a dev item near start that lets you see all endings and all girls scenes pretty easy. Check Nah51s post on page 1 for location. The girls give scenes based on story progress so you can boost your level, recruit them with teleportations, beat end boss all taking 5 min of your time to unlock everything. Its a very useful dev tools wish other games had it. (also I dont have my saves right now)

Last edited:

Yuditz

Apr 25, 2021
Hey everyone, I couldn't get on the game as much I wanted for a few days mainly because tried to do many things at once while trying to get different results at the same time, also the lone run is pretty much impossible without cheats or at least recruiting/killing Bird to get the incinerator to make way to spiders cave (to get more exp), found a way to do so by exploiting the swap menu from Gorilla (which required recruiting her too) to make seem like MC is still fighting alone. I haven't made much progress though.

However while playing I found more weird paths on Mountain, noticed something about the aliens on the ship, also Red slime boss drop item seems to be made for Human to use.

Mountain weirdness1.png
You can get up there, juts keep going upward, can't get anywere from there though.

Mountain weirdness2.png
You can walk in on the mist pretty much in the whole Bird Boss area.

Mountain weirdness3.png
You can get in there by going where the arrows below the bird shows, you can even skip the Bird in this way to get in the forest from the north area, the upper and right arrows shows the way to get inside the mist.

Slimecrusher123 posted a guide for Mercenary Adveture update's new stuff in the thread, looks pretty interesting, I'm curious to play it but I really want to know the lore so I probably wait for the translation most likely.

Reactions: Sheik100

Yuditz

Apr 25, 2021
Checking up former saves while trying to get the other girls's pink hearts (and failing at at...) I noticed some interesting details, I don't think they are too spoilery worthy (then again is kind of hard to me to tell what things can be in general, more so in Takamakuran games, so I flag as spoiler a lot of things just to be safe, I'm sorry if I'm using too much of it when isn't needed.)

You can get the exact G needed to buy explosives if you kill all the monsters and bosses, if you don't spend any G to buy or sell any item.

If you already have the town it will advance its reproduction by defeating all the bosses up to Big wolf or by going up the Tower to 50F, interestingly it will not advance if only the Primary Body and the Water Spouting Organism are beaten.

If you don't have it already, the town can be triggered in some ways: Defeating a Boss, going up the Tower to 50F seemingly does too, and just by entering the spider cave or the snowy zone also triggers it, this one is pretty interesting because the cave and the snow area seem to be places of importance for the Reds, after clearing each zone they carry a save point over there but this doesn't happens in other areas so seems like if Visitor enters the cave or the snow area the Reds activate the town to support him or as a reward of sorts, I thought the town was there for the monstergirls but can be triggered even if there's none in your party or the camp, not sure if its intended in that way.

The escape skill is more efective than Run command, never fails if is used in normal battles but costs 1MP each use.

You can escape each battle minus the Boss/Monstergirls ones, if you escape you can battle most mobs later anyway, however if you escape the fishies in mountain waterfalls they just dissapear, even can trigger the boss area in that way! weirdly enough they are the only mobs that doesn't move and look nothing like fish in the world sprite, looking more like "viruses".

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheik100

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
Checking up former saves while trying to get the other girls's pink hearts (and failing at at...) I noticed some interesting details, I don't think they are too spoilery worthy (then again is kind of hard to me to tell what things can be in general, more so in Takamakuran games, so I flag as spoiler a lot of things just to be safe, I'm sorry if I'm using too much of it when isn't needed.)
Im in the habit of spoiler tagging for convenience, the way I see it is if someones interested its easy enough to click it. So if someone is asking a normal question or a normal topic they stands out. In the Mercenarys Adventure topic we have 5 entire pages of testing discussion I dont think the average forum goer cares anything about hahaha. So it helps unclutter the thread, its only annoying if you want to search the thread and have to click them all (there should be an unspoiler: all button to expand all of them). It would be the best of both worlds if that existed.

By the way I dont usually reply because Ive little to add on My]R (its the one I played the least) but theres more going on in the background of this game than I was expecting. I think it shows its his or her first game with how many unfinished and sometimes unused systems. What surprises me is there are so many systems that seem abandoned, they didnt even try to replicate them in later games but they didnt remove it either. I wonder if thats intentional, like they wanted the triggers to still be there so someone could see these weird menus. I have a hard time believing this dev does anything thats not intentional after seeing the later games. With the way later games mess with reality, they might be a hint at a deeper meaning. But maybe at this point Im being paranoid so I see meaning everywhere.

They left the dev tools in My]R while they removed them from later games (early versions had them), what does that tell you? The out of bounds seems unintentional too but then sometimes theres items or dialogue out of bounds. And what about Mercenarys Adventure that has the flower infusions for no reason or the boss cores for no reason? Are these just unfinished or is the dev trying to say something? Sometimes I feel like they are trying to remake the same game over and over and come at it from a different angle so theres similarities everywhere but the concepts are the same. And they just wrap up what they have at the end to give the players a little closure. Like these are dreams of the same subject but you know how dreams are? Even if its the same dream the way it plays out is different. Like the dreams in later games that feel similar but so different too. The illusory world, the town also feels like it was a real place in the game but now its changed.

Whats the most common theme in the game? Amalgamation. Its everywhere, especially the slimes and corruption. I almost feel like they saw the lab in Undertale and that inspired this entire series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yuditz
4.20 star(s) 6 Votes