Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Believe it or not, I read some of these posts.
They can be interesting even if the information isn't useful.

Reactions: Yuditz

Yuditz

Apr 25, 2021
Im in the habit of spoiler tagging for convenience, the way I see it is if someones interested its easy enough to click it. So if someone is asking a normal question or a normal topic they stands out. In the Mercenarys Adventure topic we have 5 entire pages of testing discussion I dont think the average forum goer cares anything about hahaha. So it helps unclutter the thread, its only annoying if you want to search the thread and have to click them all (there should be an unspoiler: all button to expand all of them). It would be the best of both worlds if that existed.

By the way I dont usually reply because Ive little to add on My]R (its the one I played the least) but theres more going on in the background of this game than I was expecting. I think it shows its his or her first game with how many unfinished and sometimes unused systems. What surprises me is there are so many systems that seem abandoned, they didnt even try to replicate them in later games but they didnt remove it either. I wonder if thats intentional, like they wanted the triggers to still be there so someone could see these weird menus. I have a hard time believing this dev does anything thats not intentional after seeing the later games. With the way later games mess with reality, they might be a hint at a deeper meaning. But maybe at this point Im being paranoid so I see meaning everywhere.

They left the dev tools in My]R while they removed them from later games (early versions had them), what does that tell you? The out of bounds seems unintentional too but then sometimes theres items or dialogue out of bounds. And what about Mercenarys Adventure that has the flower infusions for no reason or the boss cores for no reason? Are these just unfinished or is the dev trying to say something? Sometimes I feel like they are trying to remake the same game over and over and come at it from a different angle so theres similarities everywhere but the concepts are the same. And they just wrap up what they have at the end to give the players a little closure. Like these are dreams of the same subject but you know how dreams are? Even if its the same dream the way it plays out is different. Like the dreams in later games that feel similar but so different too. The illusory world, the town also feels like it was a real place in the game but now its changed.

Whats the most common theme in the game? Amalgamation. Its everywhere, especially the slimes and corruption. I almost feel like they saw the lab in Undertale and that inspired this entire series.
Yeah I see what you mean, is much easier to unbound a spoiler tag to read about something than check the whole text just to find a specific topic, even more if much what is posted isn't exactly groundbreaking gameplay-wise and more about guessing whats going with these games's plot, for me also happens that some things I think aren't that obscure to find or really meaningful like the out-bound places so I don't know if put them into the spoilers or not, but at the end usually is more convenient that way.

Seems like the dev had the whole plot of the games in mind from the first one in a roughly way, I just felt is like that at least, but My]R seems like was the test ground too for many game mechanics being the first game, there's still half backed things like some buggy interactions (it would surprise me greatly if even THAT was intended, I'm kind of paranoid too lol) probably the cheat thing or dev tool is more for the player who wants to get all unlocked about the game as fast as possible, but theres plenty of details only can be found if its played slowly so I'm not sure.

I just found out two things I didn't noticed before while doing the lone run. Bird boss is easier to defeat than Red Boss slime despite being the first boss (still cannot defeat it) because the Bird despite being somewhat stronger only hits twice sometimes while the slime can hit up to four times so Red Slime boss is actually harder in a solo run.

The other thing is with the "Red Merchant" (the one with a cristal box thing behind) which maybe he is anything but, in Mercenary adventure if you buying anything from any merchant and try to "re-sell" it, you can get back only half of the item's worth in money, however in My]R the equipment (clothes/armor at least as far I know) can be sold for their whole price, so if you buy from Red box the "Tougher Clothes" which cost 3000, you can sell them back to Red box "merchant" for the same price! which doesn't make any sense if this Red is really a merchant, also after the Reds tower coup the box still is "selling" items by itself.

Also even if the game looks pretty simple at first glance some mechanics I really liked were anything like I've seen in other h or non-h games, the monstergirls interactions for instance, while others truly awed too me after seeing them the first time like the day/night transition, the RPGmaker games I've seen using it usually are cluncky and really slow down the gameplay a lot but this one is very smooth, and even that is handled very differently in Mercenary adventure, like different iterations or dreams of the same thing as you said. These games seem encourage to play them in different ways after all, even the "vanilla" Mercenary Adventure has cycles and the Dream pavillon in there. I have a theory about the flowers too but I need to play again Merc adventure after update's translation to see if has any grounds to it or even if is explained in some way.

The amalgamation is a big thing in these games indeed, I still have that My]R character theory I mentioned earlier and I feel is very related to it, I probably wil post it soon after is a bit more grounded because to make a bit more sense I have to know what's going on with Visitor first in this game or at least guess it in a logic way.

Believe it or not, I read some of these posts.
They can be interesting even if the information isn't useful.
Thank you a lot for reading them, indeed the posts are more about details or strange things about the games than guides of some sort after all, they are more for trying to guess just what they can mean in the games lore but still they are fun to make all the same, also at times we can find or unlock hidden things or overlooked in some previous plays as a nice plus so is a win-win for everyone.

Last edited:

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
Ive been thinking about it and the monsters are starting to seem more and more like the Undertale monsters, have you played it? It would make it easier to explain if you have. This will spoil it if you havent so be aware of that:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Theres really lots more going on in just this first game than you would expect there to be. Its what keeps me thinking about it.

I think the merchant reselling for full value fits the game well because theres a fixed number of kills you can get. If you lost value then it would make it a much harder decision to spend any of it. hmm, you said the guys in the tower dropped high value gear right? I think they respawn too. You might be able to get the explosives early by grinding and selling there. I dont know if you know but they can be used and reused in battle.

I noticed the red slime boss is one of the toughest ones, its more difficult than the spider boss too.

Last edited:

Yuditz

Apr 25, 2021
Ive been thinking about it and the monsters are starting to seem more and more like the Undertale monsters, have you played it? It would make it easier to explain if you have. This will spoil it if you havent so be aware of that:
Theres really lots more going on in just this first game than you would expect there to be. Its what keeps me thinking about it.

I think the merchant reselling for full value fits the game well because theres a fixed number of kills you can get. If you lost value then it would make it a much harder decision to spend any of it. hmm, you said the guys in the tower dropped high value gear right? I think they respawn too. You might be able to get the explosives early by grinding and selling there. I dont know if you know but they can be used and reused in battle.

I noticed the red slime boss is one of the toughest ones, its more difficult than the spider boss too.
I think I remember someone in this thread saying this game is like an Undertale for adults, sounds about right, I haven't played it (I've wanted for a while though) but I've seen enough of it to see how Takamakuran games may be heavily inspired by it in many ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheik100

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
I think I remember someone in this thread saying this game is like an Undertale for adults, sounds about right, I haven't played it (I've wanted for a while though) but I've seen enough of it to see how Takamakuran games may be heavily inspired by it in many ways.
I think I missed the early themes myself. The monster girls, the kill choices and that stuff are all giveaways. Almost makes me wonder if theres a 'spare' end if you can somehow win without killing anything like how you could run from the fish (I dont think even Chimera is that OP though). Maybe wait until you've played Undertale and Deltarune before reading the spoilers, this one I wanted to finish out the theory but that means it has the most spoilers in it. I wont spoiler tag the relevant part to this series.

How that world is both unrelated to the world of Deltarune but is also the cause of all the events of Deltarune is the connection point with this series. How everything seems disjointed but everything is still connected, somehow able to influence the events of the other worlds. The corruption seems to behave in very similar ways between both series, being inter dimensional.

Oh right another thing thats relevant is Undertale had intentionally glitchy stuff going on, I mean it was made to look like it wasnt intended but that was the intent.

Last edited:

Yuditz

Apr 25, 2021
I think I missed the early themes myself. The monster girls, the kill choices and that stuff are all giveaways. Almost makes me wonder if theres a 'spare' end if you can somehow win without killing anything like how you could run from the fish (I dont think even Chimera is that OP though). Maybe wait until you've played Undertale and Deltarune before reading the spoilers, this one I wanted to finish out the theory but that means it has the most spoilers in it. I wont spoiler tag the relevant part to this series.

How that world is both unrelated to the world of Deltarune but is also the cause of all the events of Deltarune is the connection point with this series. How everything seems disjointed but everything is still connected, somehow able to influence the events of the other worlds. The corruption seems to behave in very similar ways between both series, being inter dimensional.

Oh right another thing thats relevant is Undertale had intentionally glitchy stuff going on, I mean it was made to look like it wasnt intended but that was the intent.
The last weeks I had troubles with the PC until it just won't start at all, so I gave it to someone for manteinance and works fine now but I lost a bunch of data mostly games because the HDD was bricked, I'm sorry for not replying your post before. Luckly I had backups of some of them so wasn't a total loss, however I need to replay the MY]R and Merc adventure again, also I just finished to rewrite the whole theory I had of those games because that was lost too. I will post in Mercenary Adventure's thread in short what I have just in case (is manly about MY]R related stuff but at there's something "core" about Merc adventure too inside the theory so I post it there).

I need to check those games you mention as soon I rearrange my stuff, does sound like Takamakuran takes after Undertale and Deltarune to make the plot after all. In the theory post I guess about why MY]R is so "free" about choices, is all about what may be Visitor's true goal in some endings and why he does what he does, also I guess about some things like the "G" which may be not money at all (like the Exp isn't Experience in Undertale), check it out if you like.

Unrelated but I noticed something weird going on about the Spider cave. Somewhere Spider girl mentions the spiders eaten the mountain fishes carried over by the river inside the cave and hints they changed becoming more agressive, maybe corrupted, she didn't eat any so she remained "sane", she says Big spider wants to eat her (who seems corrupted) so seems like they suddenly want to eat each other but maybe wasn't like that before inside the cave. There seems to be hints about that in the cave, theres a lot of "cave-ins" inside blocking some entrances where we can see theres spidiers inside, however maybe those are "sane" spiders who actually blocked the entrances themselves to not be eaten by the corrupted spiders.

Last edited:

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
I need to check those games you mention as soon I rearrange my stuff, does sound like Takamakuran takes after Udertale and Deltarune to make the plot after all. In the theory post I guess about why MY]R is so "free" about choices, is all about what may be Visitor's true goal in some endings and why he does what he does, also I guess about some things like the "G" which may be not money at all (like the Exp isn't Experience in Undertale), check it out if you like.
Well what about why call it MY]R? That has to be the strangest name. My first impression was My (project) Revised, but not so sure about it any more.

Also some I noticed is the teasers on DLSite, A New Project shows a "thing" not in the game in the last pic. Edit Unless thats one of the corrupted monsters but I dont think it is. I think I would remember that grin anyway.. Theres also differences between the teasers on the versions of Mercenarys Adventure.
Might just be because those were added in a later update you might think, but Im pretty confident dog was in the Japanese version I played before the English version released.
Unrelated but I noticed something weird going on about the Spider cave. Somewhere Spider girl mentions the spiders eaten the mountain fishes carried over by the river inside the cave and hints they changed becoming more agressive, maybe corrupted, she didn't eat any so she remained "sane", she says Big spider wants to eat her (who seems corrupted) so seems like they suddenly want to eat each other but maybe wasn't like that before inside the cave. There seems to be hints about that in the cave, theres a lot of "cave-ins" inside blocking some entrances where we can see theres spidiers inside, however maybe those are "sane" spiders who actually blocked the entrances themselves to not be eaten by the corrupted spiders.
Thats very interesting, it reminds me of the thing where they kept a bunch of poisonous insects in a jar and they eventually eat eachother. The surviving last one is supposed to be more poisonous in some myths. The fish are downstream from the corruption too. I guess that might explain the meat in New Project.. and Ill spoiler tag the theory part.

Last edited:

Yuditz

Apr 25, 2021
Well what about why call it MY]R? That has to be the strangest name. My first impression was My (project) Revised, but not so sure about it any more.

Also some I noticed is the teasers on DLSite, A New Project shows a "thing" not in the game in the last pic. Edit Unless thats one of the corrupted monsters but I dont think it is. I think I would remember that grin anyway.. Theres also differences between the teasers on the versions of Mercenarys Adventure.
Might just be because those were added in a later update you might think, but Im pretty confident dog was in the Japanese version I played before the English version released.

Thats very interesting, it reminds me of the thing where they kept a bunch of poisonous insects in a jar and they eventually eat eachother. The surviving last one is supposed to be more poisonous in some myths. The fish are downstream from the corruption too. I guess that might explain the meat in New Project.. and Ill spoiler tag the theory part.
MY]R does sound strange, New project too, seems like Mercenary adventure is the most normal one of the bunch. The blue lizard monster is odd, theres a Orange lizard monster like that in Sewer devil bridge scene also in Heelin quest but never I have seen a blue one. On MY]R also Chimera had another name in previous versions isn't? The Seventh, maybe hints she's the seventh girl in the game but I'm not too sure.

Theory posted finally! Check it out if you like, I hope isn't too daunting to read it at least o_O

https://f95zone.to/threads/the-mercenarys-adventure-final-takamakuran.75712/post-7018357

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
Was a bit too long but it does seem half right, and half right is about what I usually call my own theories.

1 thing is the translators broken, I dont know how clear things are to the Visitor before landing maybe youre right that it broke when he landed. And its just us, the players who are left out of the negotiations.

The other thing is kindve based on New Project, kindve makes it hard discussing theories without just ruining New Project so Ill leave it for now. Anyway, I thought the 8th was most likely to be related to slave girl. But theres another possibility your theory made me think of, what if Visitor is Merc like you say, or even related to Merc maybe his descendant. What if he took part of slave after killing Neoslime, something off camera that us players dont get to see. He negotiates with lone Red (as you call it) that he wanted to rebuild her or maybe it was just curiosity about all the boss cores you find in Mercenarys Adventure. They strike some underhanded deal the rest of the reds or blues dont know about to get on the planet, tricking them. Maybe they organized the expedition. But Chimera doesnt turn out to be slave girl, shes built from her but shes also built from at least 6 other girls. She only has their good parts, at most shes 1/7th slave girl. Thats why she kills herself rather than fight you, she got that trait from Gorilla. The 8th girl only has their bad parts, dont forget 8th is also made from 7th. But its hard to say with slave girl, we dont see much of her.

Anyway, the rest of the boss monster cores were also experimented on and possibly caused the situation in My]R. The other monsters we see were indigenous to the planet.

The reason I think so is in New Project though, I think youll see what I mean. Though Ill say the main connection in the spoiler.

Though if your theory is right that would mean the timeline is Mercenarys Adventure > My]R > New Project which that feels kindve backwards to me. Though time travel could mess with things.
Oh right, Chimera egg is only at the start if you do certain endings with Chimera. I think that detail is very important.

Edit This isnt very relevant but I thought it was interesting that a content creator I am 99% sure had no contact with any of these games gave his animals "swirling red eyes" when they were controlled by a god of chaos. Id describe the corrupted eyes in this series like that. Its so interesting how so many different sources describe corrupted things the same way.

Last edited:

Yuditz

Apr 25, 2021
Was a bit too long but it does seem half right, and half right is about what I usually call my own theories.

1 thing is the translators broken, I dont know how clear things are to the Visitor before landing maybe youre right that it broke when he landed. And its just us, the players who are left out of the negotiations.

The other thing is kindve based on New Project, kindve makes it hard discussing theories without just ruining New Project so Ill leave it for now. Anyway, I thought the 8th was most likely to be related to slave girl. But theres another possibility your theory made me think of, what if Visitor is Merc like you say, or even related to Merc maybe his descendant. What if he took part of slave after killing Neoslime, something off camera that us players dont get to see. He negotiates with lone Red (as you call it) that he wanted to rebuild her or maybe it was just curiosity about all the boss cores you find in Mercenarys Adventure. They strike some underhanded deal the rest of the reds or blues dont know about to get on the planet, tricking them. Maybe they organized the expedition. But Chimera doesnt turn out to be slave girl, shes built from her but shes also built from at least 6 other girls. She only has their good parts, at most shes 1/7th slave girl. Thats why she kills herself rather than fight you, she got that trait from Gorilla. The 8th girl only has their bad parts, dont forget 8th is also made from 7th. But its hard to say with slave girl, we dont see much of her.

Anyway, the rest of the boss monster cores were also experimented on and possibly caused the situation in My]R. The other monsters we see were indigenous to the planet.

The reason I think so is in New Project though, I think youll see what I mean. Though Ill say the main connection in the spoiler.

Though if your theory is right that would mean the timeline is Mercenarys Adventure > My]R > New Project which that feels kindve backwards to me. Though time travel could mess with things.
Oh right, Chimera egg is only at the start if you do certain endings with Chimera. I think that detail is very important.

Edit This isnt very relevant but I thought it was interesting that a content creator I am 99% sure had no contact with any of these games gave his animals "swirling red eyes" when they were controlled by a god of chaos. Id describe the corrupted eyes in this series like that. Its so interesting how so many different sources describe corrupted things the same way.

Last edited:

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
I think 2.3.1 was the newest Eng, it sounds like it. Ill check though but English versions often have different numbers. Edit yeah it is. I looked at it more, apparently 2.3.5 is latest but noone cared about bugfixes to upload it from what Ive seen. Japanese is apparently 2.3.7, though again bugfixes. You can check dlsite for this. I remember seeing 2.8 somewhere too but pretty sure thats an old version.

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-new-game-v2-31-takamakuran.42960/

Last edited:

Yuditz

Apr 25, 2021
I think 2.3.1 was the newest Eng, it sounds like it. Ill check though but English versions often have different numbers. Edit yeah it is. I looked at it more, apparently 2.3.5 is latest but noone cared about bugfixes to upload it from what Ive seen. Japanese is apparently 2.3.7, though again bugfixes. You can check dlsite for this. I remember seeing 2.8 somewhere too but pretty sure thats an old version.

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-new-game-v2-31-takamakuran.42960/

Thanks for the info about New proyect versions, just started New proyect and I'm hooked on it already, is so bizarre in a good way.

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
I was tortured too much. can someone show me how to play without cheating??
This game doesn't tell you anything really, so it's just about doing whatever until finding out where the ending is. There's no real walkthrough - you just go around killing things that are around your level, repeat, and then get to the ending. That said, there are many endings and it would be very easy to miss more than three of them without an ending guide.

I recommend exploring the game on your own before using any of the methods shown below.

You can find a cheat tool in-game that will help you unlock the endings you want. This is actually the developer's debug tools for checking things fast. Using this method will speed up your progress very fast in comparison if you decided to do without using the cheat tool. I would recommend this, because to get all the endings requires a lot of smart saving and repetition, or else you'll take a long while. Use the screenshot in #15 for reference.

Over here we have a spoiler-filled ending guide from OP's developer notes. You can find this on the first page of this thread.
Included is also a guide for getting certain h-scenes and other things.

Reactions: sonhot

Pokemonaces

Jan 22, 2022
So I tried to kill the Fox since I have to do the genocide route for the hidden gal, but the fox runs away when you attempt to kill her.

Where does she go?

Edit: Nevermind, I found her in the forest

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 6 Votes