Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Now the real issue most are having is with regards to Nikki. With the way it is written, I do believe that having a straight brother sister together forever situation wouldn't happen. But if you are with Molly and you do everything right, Nikki is there together with you and Molly.

Molly seems to be very accepting of it and I feel like there are hints of more fun time with all of them. So I have to admit I was very let down that there was no option to continue to have Nikki not just in yours and Molly's life but active in their sexual life. They (Tales and Nikki) obviously love each other, even more than just normal siblings, but not enough to admit they want to change their names and get married etc. I really feel that even if everything else was the same, if all you did was add a way to get the MollyxNikkixTales ending

(I know that I tried many different choices attempting to get that option before finding out that it was not possible), you would not have anywhere near the kick back you are receiving. And the reason for that is how it is written, people would not jump to that conclusion without it being written that way. It's pretty obvious that Nikki would continue their fun if she really had the option without hurting Tales and Molly, and depending on your choices Tales does question if they could be more, so it is not like he is completely against it, at least the physical part.
This 100%.

I liked the ending, but maybe they could have hinted to something like this, or maybe even a farewell threesome at their home. Leaving the ending 100% the same, but keeping it open, without stating if this continued to happen or not, so the player could make it up in his own mind.

I think the game the Dev wanted to write never had Tales and Nikki ending up together, but this ending could still have made sense.

Having said all that. I liked the current ending.

this game has a molly scene with another guy ?
Nope

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Last time I'm repeating It, the Dev did a horrible job and storytelling.
So you've said and you are more than welcome to your opinion hunni.

I enjoyed the tale for what it was, you didn't. Would it not be easier to find something you do enjoy rather than try and argue a point that isn't going to change either of our opinions?

Okay so umm.. is there an ending where Tales actually ends up with Nikki though?
It's only been said for 2 years and many times on this forum that Nikki isn't the end goal and won't be a love interest.

No, there is no Nikki ending with her brother.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Do you say this in your sleep? Do you have a nervous tic? Do you need professional help? Call Now on 0800 fuck this is getting old! :ROFLMAO:
Well no worries this discussion will go on for quite a while still and will not be resolved since it is based upon a very different reading of Nikki nd the other women as the one Sumo intended. Sumo likely unintentionally put more than enough hints and situations into the game to make this reading not only possible but even probable. So some like the happy ending he wanted to provide and for others like me it was the saddest most unhappy ending possible doing most damage to her and people around her possible. (Now this might have something to do as well with my own background admittedly :p )

Still it does say something about this game that so many people have strong opinions and emotions about it. It means the game did touch lots of people on an emotional level beyond just getting a hard-on. So while I can understand if Sumo is a bit unhappy about the criticism, well it is because he made a great game that made people feel. :ROFLMAO:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Do you say this in your sleep? Do you have a nervous tic? Do you need professional help? Call Now on 0800 fuck this is getting old! :ROFLMAO:
I don't know what i'm going to do now this is over.

I suppose i've got Rockstar and the Julia thing and occasionally someone asks for incest over on Retrieving the Past but this was my main source of whine tasting.

It's taking goddess like levels of effort to stop myself quoting everyone that argued with me on this just to say "told you so".

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I don't know what i'm going to do now this is over.

I suppose i've got Rockstar and the Julia thing and occasionally someone asks for incest over on Retrieving the Pat but this was my main source of whine tasting.

It's taking goddess like levels of effort to stop myself quoting everyone that argued with me on this just to say "told you so".
Just put this under your sig... told you I was right! ner ner na ner ner! :p

Tisi

Dec 3, 2017
If you never followed dev notes or threads like this one then I can see how someone would be frustrated by the lack of a Nikki ending. Everything in the game makes it look like the game is building up to ending up with Nikki as at least part of Taylor's (sex) life. Sure, in game Nikki pushes Taylor away, but then you get a bunch of mixed messages leading up to that last night before going home. That night seems to be the set up for a continuing relationship and then the rug gets pulled out from under you. The game should convey if a character is an option or not, not some dev notes.

Which is my biggest frustration with the end of the game. I did follow the thread and knew Nikki wasn't going to happen. OK, great. But why cut off every other interest other than Molly? It's like that "3 Months Later" screen was basically "cut contact with everyone except Molly and Nikki". Cutting out every other girl in the game just feels like wanting the game to be over as quickly as possible. The lack of any other options at the end of the game really drags the whole thing down. I'm very much of the opinion that a poor ending can absolutely overshadow a good game and I felt like the ending was pretty weak overall.

Good story up till the end. Hopefully the next project will have better story flow and make it clear to the players, in the game, if a character is a potential love interest, just a fling, or totally out without it being a complete surprise right at the end.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Just put this under your sig... told you I was right! ner ner na ner ner! :p
I couldn't put it in my sig, sometimes I am wrong.

I was completely wrong about WTHI. I assumed it was a date sim type because all of the girls said they were looking for a 1 on 1, the game made it look like there would be consequences for cheating, it hinted so hard that things were about to go wrong ..... then it went completely backwards and now it's looking like it is a harem game after all, I gave up, the narrative meant nothing.

I was right here because Sumo never changed his mind. He had a story to tell and he stuck to that. I see that happening with more and more devs.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I couldn't put it in my sig, sometimes I am wrong.

I was completely wrong about WTHI. I assumed it was a date sim type because all of the girls said they were looking for a 1 on 1, the game made it look like there would be consequences for cheating, it hinted so hard that things were about to go wrong ..... then it went completely backwards and now it's looking like it is a harem game after all, I gave up, the narrative meant nothing.

I was right here because Sumo never changed his mind. He had a story to tell and he stuck to that. I see that happening with more and more devs.
Well to me by sticking to much to his game and not retconning earlier parts and the happy ending he tried to provide he actually failed in the end something that was overall a great game. I will not write a long treatise about all the things that can go wrong during development of a child, how that can go wrong and get right by luck anyway since that is pretty depressing. :p

Just trust me that Nikki and her behavior including her promiscuity fit it to a tee, whether Sumo intended that or not. (yeah in those cases it is not a free liberated choice but a compulsive behavior to run away from things you do not wish to deal with looking for sexual partners that mostly do not suit you, well if your male people call you a player and real man and if female mostly a slut :p) Thing is those things do not go away by just saying no, they are emotions and traumas that stay alive and active in the now and are not dealt with as they should have been for whatever reason. They are extremely strong shackles that need acceptance, lots of time and professional help to take care of and even then people are often only partial successful to repair the damage they did to themselves to be able to survive as a child that could not deal with what was happening at that age.

Based upon that view of Nikki, her ending was the most sad thing she could do to herself and people around her. Not because Marc would not be a great and understanding guy, but the fact that Nikki denied herself and only clunk her own shackles even tighter and that can only lead to unhappiness for her and through her those around her. Just love unfortunately does not repair that.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Well to me by sticking to much to his game and not retconning earlier parts and the happy ending he tried to provide he actually failed in the end something that was overall a great game. I will not write a long treatise about all the things that can go wrong during development of a child, how that can go wrong and get right by luck anyway since that is pretty depressing. :p

Just trust me that Nikki and her behavior including her promiscuity fit it to a tee, whether Sumo intended that or not. (yeah in those cases it is not a free liberated choice but a compulsive behavior to run away from things you do not wish to deal with looking for sexual partners that mostly do not suit you, well if your male people call you a player and real man and if female mostly a slut :p) Thing is those things do not go away by just saying no, they are emotions and traumas that stay alive and active in the now and are not dealt with as they should have been for whatever reason. They are extremely strong shackles that need acceptance, lots of time and professional help to take care of and even then people are often only partial successful to repair the damage they did to themselves to be able to survive as a child that could not deal with what was happening at that age.

Based upon that view of Nikki, her ending was the most sad thing she could do to herself and people around her. Not because Marc would not be a great and understanding guy, but the fact that Nikki denied herself and only clunk her own shackles even tighter and that can only lead to unhappiness for her and through her those around her. Just love unfortunately does not repair that.
I think you may have read far too much into Nikki's behavior.

She just liked sex, it wasn't emotional trauma that caused it, she's the same as a lot of girls her age. I'm friends with girls like that, my twinsy was like that in our school/college days.

I would have been had the lesbian choice been a bit more varied than shaved headed butch dykes that looked more like swamp beats than women but that's a rant for another day.....lets just say I was very thankful my college was near a lesbo bar. Although the barmaid had a ton of piercings and had that thing sone where they spplit the tongue like a snakes, freaked me the fuck out.

Anywayyyyy

Some girls like to fuck. It doesn't take emotional trauma to cause that it just takes a liking to orgasms.

I didn't get the same feeling you got. She reminded me of people I know and none of them went through any sort of trauma, they just like sex. Most of them have been happily married for years now with the whole 2.4 kids, white picket fence thing going on.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think you may have read far too much into Nikki's behavior.

She just liked sex, it wasn't emotional trauma that caused it, she's the same as a lot of girls her age. I'm friends with girls like that, my twinsy was like that in our school/college days.

I would have been had the lesbian choice been a bit more varied than shaved headed butch dykes that looked more like swamp beats than women but that's a rant for another day.....lets just say I was very thankful my college was near a lesbo bar. Although the barmaid had a ton of piercings and had that thing sone where they spplit the tongue like a snakes, freaked me the fuck out.

Anywayyyyy

Some girls like to fuck. It doesn't take emotional trauma to cause that it just takes a liking to orgasms.

I didn't get the same feeling you got. She reminded me of people I know and none of them went through any sort of trauma, they just like sex. Most of them have been happily married for years now with the whole 2.4 kids, white picket fence thing going on.
Like I said to Alfus before, I wish I could have had the same read on Nikki as you had. It would have made the game ending a lot happier for me. :p

Yeah I also know and have known many women like that who just like to have fun and sex even at way older ages, but unfortunately the vibes Nikki give me is the other one. The vibes I get is that for reasons she transferred a lot of her emotional dependency and needs to Tales at a pretty young age and made him into her significant other and loads of things happened after to affirm that. Now if Tales had just been a neighbor boy of same age she had a very close bond with and he felt more or less same for her they would have likely started dating at 12-13 yo and have gotten married later and lived a long and happy life where all Nikki's emotional needs would be fulfilled, just being extremely close to her husband and he should hopefully outlive her.

Problem though Tales is her brother and societal rules and also possibly some probs with children later, makes that a bond the more logical/adult Nikki actually does not want and possibly when getting to close to Tales sexually this might well awaken some of those underlying traumas as well. This leads to a tear between Nikki's deepest emotional needs and her more logical adult side. Well those tears are pretty horrible and have very negative consequences for a person and their relations and are extremely hard to repair since just saying No or wanting it does not change those deep seated emotional needs you created as a child.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Yeah I also know and have known many women like that who just like to have fun and sex even at way older ages, but unfortunately the vibes Nikki give me is the other one. The vibes I get is that for reasons she transferred a lot of her emotional dependency and needs to Tales at a pretty young age and made him into her significant other and loads of things happened after to affirm that.
Yeah, I think we deff read completely different stories.

The talk about her school life had her being incredibly popular and sleeping around then, she wasn't depandent on Tales for anything, they were exact opposites. She was outgoing and popular and he was a shut in that rarely did anything.

She lost her virginity to most of the football team.

She didn't find herself wanting Tales until things went too far at college. Even then she realised pretty quickly it wasn't going anywhere.

If you so much as peak at her in the shower at the start she freaks out and it's instant game over. Talk to her about masturbation in the kitchen and she thinks he's a weirdo.

I don't see any "significant other" vibes in their relationship.

pyrofox1313

Mar 2, 2019
I don't see any "significant other" vibes in their relationship.
That's because you don't want to. You don't go from being a sexually adventurous person to being in a committed monogamous relationship with a celibate, super religious person unless you're overcompensating for something. Sure, there's the remotest possibility that she was actually in love with Marc (or whatever his name was), but it seems way more likely that he was a scapegoat so that Nikki didn't have to admit or confront her feelings for the MC. Nikki's complete 180 personality shift doesn't seem the least bit suspicious to you? Also, there is the part where she had to stop herself from dropping the "I love you" bomb on the MC. Pretty sure she had some serious feelings for him.

Reactions: magus448

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
That's because you don't want to. You don't go from being a sexually adventurous person to being in a committed monogamous relationship with a celibate, super religious person unless you're overcompensating for something. Sure, there's the remotest possibility that she was actually in love with Marc (or whatever his name was), but it seems way more likely that he was a scapegoat so that Nikki didn't have to admit or confront her feelings for the MC. Nikki's complete 180 personality shift doesn't seem the least bit suspicious to you?
No, because thats how the dev intended it, his words.

As I said a couple of posts ago, I know girls like that, some of my friends were like that. Super sluts at school/college now in long term relationships.

They wanted to have fun when they were younger.

Shit, if the lesbian option had been bigger when I was at college I would have slept around more. My twins straight so she had it easier but she wasn't looking to settle down in her teen years, far too young.

I know some girls like to find relationships when they were younger but the girls i'm friends just wanted to enjoy themselves before the whole life, family and bills stuff.

What I find weird is some of you keep saying the whole shift from her sleeping around to going celibate is a personality shift and change of character while at the same time say her choosing Mark is her denying her feelings for Tales which would also mean her stopping sleeping around and going celibate if she went with him which would have been a complete personality shift....

You can't have it both ways.

pyrofox1313

Mar 2, 2019
No, because thats how the dev intended it, his words.
There's how the dev intended for things to be and how they actually turned out. I have no proof of this, but I'm willing to bet that as the dev was writing the story, the story took on a life of its own (so to speak) and instead of adapting his (or her) vision to the story that was unfolding they reeled the story in line as hard and as inorganically as they could. There is little to no indication that Molly is the one and only real choice to be had in this game. I'll be honest I'm not even really mad that you can't end up with Nikki. I'm definitely a Skylar man. However, Nikki did seem like she would be a "romanceable" option. Having her personality shift so suddenly with no clue that's how it was going to be feels bad. People can say it was always going to be this way and that was the dev's vision but the writing says otherwise.

3.90 star(s) 128 Votes