I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Wow I guess I should have checked before I played the game with the whole ending thing. Was really enjoying it the whole time and then no Nikki ending was just a fucking slap in the face. Not going to play any further games by this dev I guess.
So you haven't read the description of the game then? Or paid attention for the two years that it's been in development?

Just in case your answer is no to both, here's the short version!

Nikki was never an option!

Clear? Good, let's move on! :)

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
So you haven't read the description of the game then? Or paid attention for the two years that it's been in development?

Just in case your answer is no to both, here's the short version!

Nikki was never an option!

Clear? Good, let's move on! :)
Well... maybe, or maybe not. There could have been branches where Nikki and MC keep having something casual.

The ending seemed rushed to me. It really leaves a feeling of unfinished business and alternate options for the MC, like with Skylar.

Anyway it's over for this game so let's see if any new game by this game author has a better ending.
Over and out.

Reactions: magus448

Shay Cormac

May 24, 2018
Must confess, I was kind of upset with the author at first... then realized how mistaken I was.
It fits ideally with reality. When you worship the ground someone walks on but keep it to yourself.
Someone earlier mentioned society is to blame... perhaps?
Usually tough, it's for more individual reasons... sometimes there is no reason at all, if that makes sense?

At any rate, that's how I see it from my perspective, but I'm probably biased.
I'm definitely biased when I say that I loved the game.
Will await patiently to see what else the author has in store.

fuckyouassholes

Nov 27, 2018
i couldn't get the third sex scene with jessica, as mentioned in the walkthrough, where she also has some fun with nikki

can someone help me ?

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
After mc becomes Molly's boyfriend, he didnt cheated on her and still she leaves the mc when at home for christmas; bug or is that suppose to happen?
It's pretty easy to test. Go back to the save where Taylor makes the decision to be faithful or not to Molly (you do have that scene saved, no?). Then go forward and refuse all options to cheat. You will get the "good" Molly ending with lots of sex with her. That's why multiple saves along the way (especially for crtiical path decisions) are important when playing multiple-path games like this.

demen302

Jan 19, 2019
I loved the game and thoroughly enjoyed it, right up until the ending. I know that would be more like reality, but these are Fantasy games. Hence why would I want reality? It also felt rushed. It's like reading a good long book with a good story and character development only to have the author try to tie up the whole thing in one paragraph.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
For me, this felt like it would turn out to be a story of unrequited love, with it being revealed that Nikki harboured feelings for Taylor that she felt free to express and explore in college but ultimately Taylor would reject her, and up until this final update it seemed to be playing out that way. Marc as a Taylor-substitute almost bolsters this theory as, since she felt she couldn't have Taylor, she went for Marc even though they weren't compatible for one another because of Nikki having a wild, kinky streak and Marc seemingly being a devoutly religious, celibate, straight-arrow.
Once again, that point is up to head canon. We have seen Molly turned from virgin to sex fiend with the help of Nikki and really getting into it once the deed was done. See the end montage of the dorm room having to be deep cleaned. As for Marc, we don't know anything about their marriage. Nikki could have easily pulled the same stunt on him, opening him up more, if needed.

Secondly she gives up her education (This is in the ending and no one has managed to explain it away, simply put she again distanced herself from Taylor and no reason for that if she doesn't love Taylor).
This, however is not. It is clearly stated in the ending that the college threw her out for attending zero classes. It is not mentioned if she continued her education elsewhere. But even if she wanted to not distance herself, there was no way back to that college for her.

Beghin

Sep 30, 2018
Oh my, why deny us the ending we all wanted to see man ?

I liked the game and the molly ending is cool but man... I think 99% of us wanted an ending with nikki becoming taylor's real love and long-term relationship

How do you anglos say ? Bittersweet ? Yes that's it :(

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Haley's Story not best comparison as Haley and Nikki totally different personalities and so are MC's.
OK I feel like we are going in circles, so this will be my last post on this.

First of yes, that was my point Nikki=/=Haley

IMO. Yes, Nikki felt something for the MC. But it was just a normal kind of fall in love with feeling (Not even that far, since they never took it that far) So in my view, it is something she can fairly easy move on from. Taking the incest out of it. Falling in/out of love is a fairly common occurrence and so is breaking up. In this instance, they never even needed to break up, since they have never been an item to start of with.

Is her relationship with Marc going to last. I think yes, but I will concede to maybe not. I have seen some odd couples last forever and I have seen perfect couples divorce after 5 years. I have seen gorgeous woman being miserable with a very handsome man and then move on to a fatty and being very happy with her new fat man.

I still fondly remember my high school crush, but that does not mean that I could not move on from that.

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
Once again, that point is up to head canon. We have seen Molly turned from virgin to sex fiend with the help of Nikki and really getting into it once the deed was done. See the end montage of the dorm room having to be deep cleaned. As for Marc, we don't know anything about their marriage. Nikki could have easily pulled the same stunt on him, opening him up more, if needed.

This, however is not. It is clearly stated in the ending that the college threw her out for attending zero classes. It is not mentioned if she continued her education elsewhere. But even if she wanted to not distance herself, there was no way back to that college for her.
Well if I totally missed that then it goes back to terrible research and writing.

1-When you leave school class rooms and move onto lecture halls attendance no longer taken, the jump in "class" size makes it totally unfeasible and assessment is down to course work and exam results.

2-Failure in courses has never been grounds for expulsion and first given chance to resit exams and resubmit course work and if you still fail you need redo units. Only scholarships depend on academic performance. Expulsions lose money for institution and you cant fill the spot vacated with a new student anyway.

3-Even behavioural problems require multiple warnings before resorting to expulsion except in extreme cases.

4- It would be political and financial suicide to expel victim of gunpoint hostage situation for later failing course especially when such a spectacular failure of campus security. The ambulance chasers would be all over it in days. They have legal obligation to ensure counselling and support and expulsion is blatant breach of those obligations.

Red469

May 18, 2018
Well there is a sequel and we had preview at prison so maybe there is good reason that not a lot of endings, depending exactly what characters in sequel. There was more than enough little clouds dropped in ending to suggest story far from done.

Except even after dating Marc, her feelings for Taylor were to strong to resist even after dating Marc for months and months...how can her feelings for Marc be true love ? Secondly she gives up her education (This is in the ending and no one has managed to explain it away, simply put she again distanced herself from Taylor and no reason for that if she doesn't love Taylor), totally forfeits her cherished freedoms and totally represses her nature and personality. I sorry there is no way she ever going to find happiness and putting a single frame of a wedding does not make a happily ever after life deleting all that happened.

In this they had always been very close, in fact she even all but admits she became a "slut" to try stop thinking of Taylor as a love interest. In start there was even a reference that she had only distanced herself from Taylor recently.

Haley's Story not best comparison as Haley and Nikki totally different personalities and so are MC's.

We really wont know until we see sequel and which characters are in it. Sumo is way better at character development and dynamics between characters which is why the happy ending doesn't sit right (add to it the little dark clouds snuck into ending, the isolation of Taylor with all his social circle lost and the dropping out of college and her isolation from everyone as well). To me this was setting up for sequel not the end of their story. Lets not forget the movie they watched in final either, don't tell me the romance and the dialogue was accident from the two main characters always ending up together, to the boring nature of romance stories and finally ceding there was actually some merit to conventional wisdom. We also have the fact that he was so adamant entire time there was going to be no Nikki ending and no matter the flack or crap he copped on here and patreon he never backed down. This suggests more to me that he had already planned the story into sequel and they needed to be exactly where they are now. I don't think ending was rushed, in fact I think it was very intricate. The superficial happy ending to satisfy the casual players but the shadows looming over future.
TBH I dont see a sequel...

Comparing HS to this vn really is wrong for the simple fact that Haley KNOWS EXACTLY What she wants, and so does the MC, and is Not shy about taking it either...

None of those choices exist here...

EDIT: Thank you for the Like MUG

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: mugizib

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
TBH I dont see a sequel...

Comparing HS to this vn really is wrong for the simple fact that Haley KNOWS EXACTLY What she wants, and so does the MC, and is Not shy about taking it either...

None of those choices exist here...
After all the wrap up and credits there is preview of sequel that is the nutjob in prison demanding a veggie burger from guard.

HS is a much better game indeed. Deeper character development does not mean better game, more so when the main female interest just ends up with a totally non developed faceless extra...especially when the development and character interactions clash so badly with the plot lines and story (Both Nikki and Molly totally discarded both natures and personalities with such ridiculous triggers yet the event that would trigger real change (hostage situation) did not impact anyone..) In a way I hoping no sequel as it ended up more like a car wreck where you can't stop watching even though no real enjoyment.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Well if I totally missed that then it goes back to terrible research and writing.

1-When you leave school class rooms and move onto lecture halls attendance no longer taken, the jump in "class" size makes it totally unfeasible and assessment is down to course work and exam results.

2-Failure in courses has never been grounds for expulsion and first given chance to resit exams and resubmit course work and if you still fail you need redo units. Only scholarships depend on academic performance. Expulsions lose money for institution and you cant fill the spot vacated with a new student anyway.
  1. When you move to later (smaller) classes you go back into classrooms. Attendance may not be taken, but I can guarantee the professors know if you're going to class or not.
  2. Flunking out of college has always been expulsion because of bad grades. .

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
When you move to later (smaller) classes you go back into classrooms. Attendance may not be taken, but I can guarantee the professors know if you're going to class or not.
In addition to that, at least where I studied Business Admin there were not just mass lectures with 600+ students, but also practices, seminars etc. with 20 or less to 50 students, depending on the type of course. Attendance would be taken on anything but lectures, miss three dates and you are thrown out of the course and noted as failed.

Red469

May 18, 2018
After all the wrap up and credits there is preview of sequel that is the nutjob in prison demanding a veggie burger from guard.

HS is a much better game indeed. Deeper character development does not mean better game, more so when the main female interest just ends up with a totally non developed faceless extra...especially when the development and character interactions clash so badly with the plot lines and story (Both Nikki and Molly totally discarded both natures and personalities with such ridiculous triggers yet the event that would trigger real change (hostage situation) did not impact anyone..) In a way I hoping no sequel as it ended up more like a car wreck where you can't stop watching even though no real enjoyment.
I am curious... What would this sequel be named? :#The Vegun strikes back? #Murder on Vegun Streets?

I would have imagined that a hostage situation would make their bond FAR Bigger and FAR FAR FAR Stronger... and yet... they just went their own ways like no life was ever threatenned...

Now on the topic of Smashes... I used to attend those for a job... Trust me, some smashes you cannot unsee
I would use the eg of this one deliberately hitting a marked FBI car... Just to say Hi to the boys LOL a light love tap...

3.90 star(s) 128 Votes