SaiakuOtaku

Nov 3, 2017
Damn i'm glad i checked this title out again.
When it ended in 2017 it was a lot less of a cliffhanger than now.
The development and progression of the story just goes to show how dedicated the dev/devs are.
Really happy about how the game has turned out, great artwork and story.
I really like that there are so many different arcs, makes me wonder what would happen if i didn't date Ashely at some point or failed her quest line...
Hmmm anyone wanna spoil for me if there are different endings ?

All in all great content hope to see more from this in the future.

Reactions: Sumodeine

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
anyone have a zip file for the images? i cant extract them
Are you asking how to get the images from the game? You can't just open the images folder?

Sumodeine I think it's time to start compressing your images. Uncompressed pngs suck. High quality jpgs or webps are much better.

Reactions: Sumodeine

mirguam

Sep 5, 2018
Are you asking how to get the images from the game? You can't just open the images folder?

Sumodeine I think it's time to start compressing your images. Uncompressed pngs suck. High quality jpgs or webps are much better.
You'll have to forgive my utter ignorance, but I can open the files butwhen I open the .png files my viewer says the format is unsupported (it normally opens .png without an issue)

I do have a crunched version of the game though. Is that the problem?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
You'll have to forgive my utter ignorance, but I can open the files butwhen I open the .png files my viewer says the format is unsupported (it normally opens .png without an issue)

I do have a crunched version of the game though. Is that the problem?
Odds are, the crunched version is using webp compression, to then view them, you will need to codec for that if you want to open them in another program. It is not a very well supported format, since it is still in the alpha stages.

Sumodeine

I killed Eric
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017

goobdoob One thing you have to remember is that I'm not bright. In fact, I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to most of this stuff.

Keeping that in mind, I render in Daz and it spits out a big .png image (usually 4-9MB each). I then use Pngyu Image Compressor to compressor those png images (down to 600KB-1MB each), for the standard version of the game.
After that, for the Crunched Version, I crunch those down using bas's Crunching Tool to further compress them (down to 200KB-500KB each).

Can you ELI5 what I could/should be doing differently?

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
goobdoob One thing you have to remember is that I'm not bright. In fact, I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to most of this stuff.

Keeping that in mind, I render in Daz and it spits out a big .png image (usually 4-9MB each). I then use Pngyu Image Compressor to compressor those png images (down to 600KB-1MB each), for the standard version of the game.
After that, for the Crunched Version, I crunch those down using bas's Crunching Tool to further compress them (down to 200KB-500KB each).

To be fair, I would be happy with the original Daz output image, I wouldn't be too happy asking you to upload them all though!

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

Well, I know a lot. See, I'm a "coder". It says so in my avatar! :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I am NOT an image manipulation guy. But I'd suggest a slight alteration to your flow.

Since you're already using bas 's cruncher, try this. Instead of running Pngyu, copy the uncompressed PNGs in, then run cruncher. In the cruncher .bat file, there's a line that says something like this:
set "command-var="%CD%\Cruncher-x64\cwebp.exe" "%%a" -q 85 -z 6 -mt -o "%%~dpa%%~na".temp."
Make a copy of the bat file, and change the "-q 85" to "-q 100" in the copy. Don't use this line; just change to the number after -q in the original line to 100.

This will set the webp quality to 100, the max. It won't compress as well as 85, but the quality will be near indistinguishable from an uncompressed png. You'll get a higher size than the crunched version you do, but probably lower than with Pngyu, and the same image quality.

If you also want to make a (further) crunched version, run the original bat file.

In subsequent releases, to save time, you could make a new "game" with just the new images from the version you're working on, say call it newmsmr. Then make newmsmr\game\images and put the new images in that. Run the cruncher with quality 100 on it. Then copy the new images into the game you want to release, crunch that at 85, and be happy. :)

Of course, test this flow first, on copies.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
What D and G mean in the walkthrough and how do they work?

Also this is probably an exercise in futility by now considering I searched the thread... but could someone be so kind to post an updated walkthrough / guide?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
What D and G mean in the walkthrough and how do they work?

Also this is probably an exercise in futility by now considering I searched the thread... but could someone be so kind to post an updated walkthrough / guide?
Those points don't matter anymore, they kind of faded away into obscurity although acting like a dick will still end badly.

Death by carrot.

Also, not sure if anyone has done an updated walkthrough. It's pretty obvious what to do really all you do is a pick a girl.

Sumodeine

I killed Eric
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Well, I know a lot. See, I'm a "coder". It says so in my avatar! :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I am NOT an image manipulation guy. But I'd suggest a slight alteration to your flow.

Since you're already using bas 's cruncher, try this. Instead of running Pngyu, copy the uncompressed PNGs in, then run cruncher. In the cruncher .bat file, there's a line that says something like this:
set "command-var="%CD%\Cruncher-x64\cwebp.exe" "%%a" -q 85 -z 6 -mt -o "%%~dpa%%~na".temp."
Make a copy of the bat file, and change the "-q 85" to "-q 100" in the copy. Don't use this line; just change to the number after -q in the original line to 100.

This will set the webp quality to 100, the max. It won't compress as well as 85, but the quality will be near indistinguishable from an uncompressed png. You'll get a higher size than the crunched version you do, but probably lower than with Pngyu, and the same image quality.

If you also want to make a (further) crunched version, run the original bat file.

In subsequent releases, to save time, you could make a new "game" with just the new images from the version you're working on, say call it newmsmr. Then make newmsmr\game\images and put the new images in that. Run the cruncher with quality 100 on it. Then copy the new images into the game you want to release, crunch that at 85, and be happy. :)

Of course, test this flow first, on copies.
Awesome, man. Thank you. I'll give this a shot for the next release. I'll PM you when I fuck everything up ;-)

3.90 star(s) 129 Votes