Rodzaju

Dec 25, 2018
Yes, out of everyone that plays you are the only one that noticed the massive crossover.........

Seriously?

Silly question of the day....
At least it makes a change from the usual "When are Tales & Nikki going to realise that they are meant to be together forever?"...

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
This realisation once again begs the question; what exactly was Nikki's purpose in all of this? If it was to be someone who helps Taylor become more confident with women, then why is it that he's able to bed just about every woman he meets whilst utilising absolutely no skills or techniques he learns from Nikki? And even then, Nikki doesn't seem to give Taylor a whole lot of advice that's useful and mainly just acts as a cheerleader for his various conquests.

For being arguably the principle female character in this VN, Nikki's starting to seem like a bit of throwaway character like Cory or Skylar; a "fuck-em-and-leave-em" character that wasn't really all that influential to the development of the main character. Yet another reason to hope that, despite not starting out as a love interest, the final update will reveal that she has become one even though they won't end up together (yet) because then at least it will feel like she served a purpose.
Would love to know what the diehard anti-Nikki/Taylor folks have to say about this since they keep hanging their hats on Nikki's purpose being to help Taylor get girls even though it seems clear that she hasn't really done that.

I accept that they won't end up together at the end of this VN, but to have them just forget about what they've been doing and brush it off like it's nothing would mean Nikki served no purpose and that would make for a disappointing ending for the VNs primary female character.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Would love to know what the diehard anti-Nikki/Taylor folks have to say about this since they keep hanging their hats on Nikki's purpose being to help Taylor get girls even though it seems clear that she hasn't really done that.
She's played wingman for 2 girls. It may not be the girls you like but she defintely got him action.

Was she the first person to push his buttons, no. But again it's this zero sum game you'd like it to be either.

Also, i'm not anti anything. I don't care who dicks whom or who ends up with whom. But when the dev tells you something's not happening it's time to respect that and get off the high horse crusade to change it.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
At least it makes a change from the usual "When are Tales & Nikki going to realise that they are meant to be together forever?"...
It's a very true point you make I just have a personal vendetta against any sentence started with "am I the only one"....

Don't bother ZTex. He's answering himself because everyone's ignoring his silly theories.
I've had to ignore a couple of people from this thread, Holy Bacchus and killer1000. Sharing an opinion is one thing but when that opinion spreads over multiple pages and leaks to other threads even after the dev has explained in a quite long post how things are and why they won't change.....

It makes my snark meter rise and if I don't ignore them i'll end up with more warnings and i'm trying to be a good girl.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
She's played wingman for 2 girls. It may not be the girls you like but she defintely got him action.

Was she the first person to push his buttons, no. But again it's this zero sum game you'd like it to be either.

Also, i'm not anti anything. I don't care who dicks whom or who ends up with whom. But when the dev tells you something's not happening it's time to respect that and get off the high horse crusade to change it.
2 out of 9 is hardly a good stat for a character whose purpose was supposedly to help Taylor get girls. The other 7, including Nikki herself, threw themselves at him and yet we were led to believe that Nikki was going to help Taylor in the art of attraction and seduction, but it turns out that he didn't really need her help at all.

I'm not trying to get Sumo to change the story at all, I accept they won't end up together, but if there isn't some kind of confession of deeper feelings between the two at the end then Nikki served no purpose. You don't do that with a character who's supposed to be one of the the principle characters of the story, but also the one for whom the game was titled after.

The fact is that if you took Nikki out of the equation, 90% of the events in this game would have played out the exact same way. What I'm getting at is that if her purpose of helping Taylor get girls never materialised and she was never going to be or become a love interest, then why was she there? She needs to be given a satisfying conclusion and that is why I maintain that having it be, at the very least, a confession of deeper feelings would be the best way to do that, but there are some people who are so inexplicably resistant to that idea.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
2 out of 9 is hardly a good stat for a character whose purpose was supposedly to help Taylor get girls. The other 7, including Nikki herself, threw themselves at him and yet we were led to believe that Nikki was going to help Taylor in the art of attraction and seduction, but it turns out that he didn't really need her help at all.

I'm not trying to get Sumo to change the story at all, I accept they won't end up together, but if there isn't some kind of confession of deeper feelings between the two at the end then Nikki served no purpose. You don't do that with a character who's supposed to be one of the the principle characters of the story, but also the one for whom the game was titled after.

The fact is that if you took Nikki out of the equation, 90% of the events in this game would have played out the exact same way. What I'm getting at is that if her purpose of helping Taylor get girls never materialised and she was never going to be or become a love interest, then why was she there? She needs to be given a satisfying conclusion and that is why I maintain that having it be, at the very least, a confession of deeper feelings would be the best way to do that, but there are some people who are so inexplicably resistant to that idea.
2 out of 9 and yet, she did help him get 2 directly.
But that doesn't sit well with your ideas. I'm sorry but you can't hand waive it away to fit your fantasy. She did exactly what she said she was going to do. Does it matter that every other girl in the story flung themselves at the MC ? No.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Don't bother ZTex. He's answering himself because everyone's ignoring his silly theories.
By all means, make an argument that disproves it.

I'll wait...

I've had to ignore a couple of people from this thread, Holy Bacchus and killer1000. Sharing an opinion is one thing but when that opinion spreads over multiple pages and leaks to other threads even after the dev has explained in a quite long post how things are and why they won't change.....

It makes my snark meter rise and if I don't ignore them i'll end up with more warnings and i'm trying to be a good girl.
I prefer "analysis" over "opinion". I'm analysing this story as any teacher would analyse a student's work. There are flaws, both current and potential, in the story of this VN and I'm simply trying to highlight them, like the flaw of Nikki being Taylor's "wingman" yet he manages to bed 6-8 women out of 9 with virtually no help from her, or the flaw of saying she'll never become a love interest yet both her and Taylor have both been shown to have deeper feelings for each other.

So far her only purpose seems to have been to bring Molly out of her shell and if it ends up that that's all she was there for then it will be a waste of a good character. My point is, and has always been, that it's clear, whether by accident or design, that there's something more to Nikki than just a "wingman" (which she hasn't been very good at, btw) and that if this isn't properly addressed, then what was the point of her?

I have faith that Sumo will wrap this up well and look forward to the final update, but I think it's naive of people to not expect that we could see Nikki, Taylor or both confess to having deeper feelings for one another, even though they won't act on it and end up together.

Of course, you won't see this post since you're ignoring me and you're ignoring me because you have nothing to answer me with, but that's fine. At least I'm trying to be constructive.

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
2 out of 9 and yet, she did help him get 2 directly.
But that doesn't sit well with your ideas. I'm sorry but you can't hand waive it away to fit your fantasy. She did exactly what she said she was going to do. Does it matter that every other girl in the story flung themselves at the MC ? No.
These aren't "ideas" because everything I've said is based entirely on what seen in this VN, so it's factual. But if you want an idea, then here's one; imagine if in his first meeting with Cory she didn't come on to him but he tried to come on to her and utterly failed because he's useless with women, and so he goes to Nikki for advice about how to fix it and she tells him exactly what to do which leads to a better 2nd meeting and Cory warming up to Taylor. Doesn't that seem like what a "wingman" for someone who's totally useless around girls could and should do?

If Nikki was supposed to make Taylor more confident with girls because he was apparently useless at it, then why is it that he has no problem with them? His raw, masculine magnetism? Really? She didn't help with his progress in this regard at all thereby making her supposed purpose null-and-void. I'm not making this up to try and fit in with a "fantasy", but rather pointing out that if this wasn't her purpose, then what was? So far nobody has been able to give a clear answer because the only other answer is something they're so dead-set against admitting could be her purpose.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
These aren't "ideas" because everything I've said is based entirely on what seen in this VN, so it's factual. But if you want an idea, then here's one; imagine if in his first meeting with Cory she didn't come on to him but he tried to come on to her and utterly failed because he's useless with women, and so he goes to Nikki for advice about how to fix it and she tells him exactly what to do which leads to a better 2nd meeting and Cory warming up to Taylor. Doesn't that seem like what a "wingman" for someone who's totally useless around girls could and should do?

If Nikki was supposed to make Taylor more confident with girls because he was apparently useless at it, then why is it that he has no problem with them? His raw, masculine magnetism? Really? She didn't help with his progress in this regard at all thereby making her supposed purpose null-and-void. I'm not making this up to try and fit in with a "fantasy", but rather pointing out that if this wasn't her purpose, then what was? So far nobody has been able to give a clear answer because the only other answer is something they're so dead-set against admitting could be her purpose.
I'm not going to sit here and play beat the dead horse while postulating hypotheticals with you.

We have the game, we have facts. You're intentionally ignoring them and that's why you can't let go.
I've never once claimed the writing was perfect, but i accept it.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I'm not going to sit here and play beat the dead horse while postulating hypotheticals with you.

We have the game, we have facts. You're intentionally ignoring them and that's why you can't let go.
I've never once claimed the writing was perfect, but i accept it.
You haven't presented a single fact that disproves anything I've said which, by the way, are the actual facts. It's funny how the ones that give up first are typically the ones who are losing the argument.

Face it, Nikki's more than just Taylor's wingman, always has been, and the final update is going to address this obvious fact whether you guys like it or not.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
You haven't presented a single fact that disproves anything I've said which, by the way, are the actual facts. It's funny how the ones that give up first are typically the ones who are losing the argument.

Face it, Nikki's more than just Taylor's wingman, always has been, and the final update is going to address this obvious fact whether you guys like it or not.
Dude....
I've never claimed they cannot love each other. I've said they wont be primary love intrest. Unlike you i can acknowledge the existence of unrequited love and open relationships and have done so in a previous post.
If you're going to attempt to win internet points at the very least keep up with the convo.

Additionally, nothing you've stated has disproved that she's not his wingman, it's like you fail to acknowledge that she can be both. The only thing you've stated is that she's done a bad job at it because she's only been directly involved in 2 instead of literally all of the ladies.

Finally, and i do mean this. I'm not arguing with people who resort to hypotheticals because that's beyond pointless. It means your own points cannot stand on their own without distorting or warping what exist. Something you would never need to do if you were bringing up good faith arguments.

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
I'm not trying to get Sumo to change the story at all, I accept they won't end up together, but if there isn't some kind of confession of deeper feelings between the two at the end then Nikki served no purpose...

The fact is that if you took Nikki out of the equation, 90% of the events in this game would have played out the exact same way.
She is the titular roommate. If Taylor isn't assigned a room with her, then there's a good chance he actually wouldn't have met any of the girls at all, especially Molly. Like, maybe you can make the argument that he still would have been mistakenly assigned a girls dorm, but them being siblings is specifically how they swing him staying there, and it's a lot less likely any of the girls would have been okay with it. Molly states at the beginning that she's not 100% fine with him living there but its Nikki that smooths things over. If he had been assigned a room with any other girl, they probably would have complained and he would have had to find other accommodation, leading to none of the events of the game happening.

Reactions: Jaun Karr and ZTex

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Dude....
I've never claimed they cannot love each other. I've said they wont be primary love intrest. Unlike you i can acknowledge the existence of unrequited love and open relationships and have done so in a previous post.
If you're going to attempt to win internet points at the very least keep up with the convo.

Additionally, nothing you've stated has disproved that she's not his wingman, it's like you fail to acknowledge that she can be both. The only thing you've stated is that she's done a bad job at it because she's only been directly involved in 2 instead of literally all of the ladies.

Finally, and i do mean this. I'm not arguing with people who resort to hypotheticals because that's beyond pointless. It means your own points cannot stand on their own without distorting or warping what exist. Something you would never need to do if you were bringing up good faith arguments.
I too have acknowledged before that this story could end with unrequited love, but my main issue is with those people who think that even that won't happen simply because Sumo said she's not a love interest. This in turn has seemingly made it so that they refuse to acknowledge that either character has shown any interest in the other at any point when that's simply not true. Whilst many would have hoped this would lead to them getting together, I understand that it doesn't have to lead to this and won't, but people failing to see their connection has been my main gripe.

Pretty much everything I've said about this VN has been based on what we've seen in it and know about it based Sumo's own comments, and the only hypotheticals have concerned what we might see in the last update. But we will see one or both of them admit to deeper feelings, Sumo has said so, and I think that those who don't think they have a deeper connection need to acknowledge that and that whilst Nikki didn't start out as a love interest, that we may see that change at the end even if it's only briefly.

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
It's a very true point you make I just have a personal vendetta against any sentence started with "am I the only one"....

and i never would've done that if she didn't instigate the drama. don't play innocent. she got all snippy simply cause i asked the question and expressed my feeling on the matter-others kept ingaging me-forcing me to defend my position. i didn't mean for it get that far-and i'm sorry it did-but i won't apologize for sticking to my opnion or defending it.

Hendriyugi

Jan 7, 2019
i definitely chose incest patch because i not like seeing Nikki with another guy.
i not know why it just my heart feel hurt if i see that, maybe because i love her.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
i definitely chose incest patch because i not like seeing Nikki with another guy.
i not know why it just my heart feel hurt if i see that, maybe because i love her.
Doesn't matter if you install the incest patch or not, Nikki still has a life of their own and she isn't an end game love interest so will end up with someone else.

Alanthos

May 10, 2018
Just played the most recent update and am wondering who the pair of girls on the beach were supposed to be. Caught the reference earlier to the infamous Acting Lessons twist, but am not getting this one.

3.90 star(s) 129 Votes