Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
If you were going for inscrutable, congratulations.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Until you abandon it? game developing isnt like , hmm im feeling i could do it this month , next month neah maybe goin 180*. We all admit its hard for some after somebody dies/fell ill etc. Stayn silent still keeps the subscribers , so that means when he will be able he will still have most of them. like a true politician , not giving an honest answer to his voters. Still i have my suspicions this is all a farce , his mother can be well and very happy , this can be a made up story for all i know. Hope this isnt the case , but his lack of comunication with his subscribers is alarming ( and yes i am one of them , i use this forum cause i want early acces on the game , because i pledge 3 dollars). Still been subscribed to him since aug 2017, if you calculate i gave 17 months ( 17*3 = 51 euro the same amount i can give to a triple A game so my concern about the lack of comunication is justified).
Either way even with a sick family member anyone can find 5 min once a month to post a small post. Else you cant expect our compassion or trust unless you reasure us .

Sure, it's all lies and trick. He completely made it up, just to continue milking his patrons... oh wait!!!
Look, I'll try to reign myself in here, even though I find it absolutely disgusting to be so suspicious of someone with a personal tragedy, who unlike all the real milkers on patronactually paused pledges, just because you think you somehow deserve an update about his personal life and the health of his mother, but it sure is hard to, given all that.

His lack of communication sucks, but for all we know maybe his mom died (crossing fingers she didn't), after months of suffering and pandelo has to fight through losing her.
I really hope that's not the case, but one thing is clear, he owes you shit, he owes you nothing at all and if I were him and read what you posted after I came back to work on my game after a personal loss, I would ban you from being a patron of mine in a heartbeat.

As long as a creator isn't upfront about what's happening and STILL let's people pay, then they have a right to get the information, necessary to decide whether they want to continue supporting the development or not. If he explains what's happening AND pauses payments, you are entitled to absolutely nothing.

And yes, I also would be glad to hear something about the future of this project, but I have no fucking right to it.

Jesus fuck, because of three measly dollars a month, you think a guy has to bare his grief before you or something? Your moral center needs some tuning, I say.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
And you are pure sentimentality, that a developer does not have a boss does not mean that a patreon can not complain about wasting his money on an irresponsible person. Everywhere the mourners are more or less than two weeks and if the developer does not give signs of life ... well, capable that simply no longer wants to continue with the game.
and even a Patreon is free to stop his pledging if he feels like to do.
Its NEVER a reason to complain or insult people over here even most of those haters dont even care whats happened and whats the actual status.
To be a patreon does NOT mean to pay someone for doing something and get ANY rights in reward.
To be a patreon just means to honor someones work on a free will. If you want to pay - so pledge. If you feel scammed - just stop payment - so easy.
After all i read in this thread i would know what i would do if i am at Pandelos place: i would definitively not go back on develope the game further - After all the accusations it would be from principle that i even more not want to continue working on that game.
Pandelo is free to decide IF and WHEN he will be back or not. To get few bucks by free will of someone does not make him to be someones slave and to follow wishes or orders.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Are people still whining about this....

I hope people understand that no matter how much money you gave Pandelo or any other Dev on patreon there is no written contract between you and them so you can't penalize them or fire them from making games or do anything about the fact that they either straight up disappeared or delayed a patch/release or went on a vacation or called you a dick.

The only 2 things you can do are:

1. Whine about it, which does nothing.
  2. Cancel your patreon subscription which has the potential to do something
But seeing as there is no malicious intent from Pandelo here(at least not that i can see, but i am sure conspiracy theorists have their own takes) and seeing as he halted all the patreon payments himself, there really isn't a goddamn thing you can do about it except whine but we already established that does nothing.

I am gonna be honest with people. Is it annoying that we haven't heard a single word from Pandelo in more than 3 months? Yes it's annoying. But we still don't know anything about what happened to him or his mother, so i am still holding off anything i have to say until we do. And if that day never comes, then again nothing we can do, just move on to other games.

The mindset to adopt as you go into these games that will help you and trust me it has helped me is that never expect too much from these games and their devs. At any point your favorite game can get canceled for whatever reason at any moment your favorite dev can stop making games for any reason, there is nothing you can do about it, just know that you live with that risk and so don't get too hung up over it when it happens.

Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
Why do people always say that he is grieving? As far as we know, his mother was not going to die, she was "fine under the circumstances" and he stopped working on the game, because he had to help her recover. That's what he said, and also, that he was going to resume developing after she was capable to take care of herself. Which would actually make more sense to cut himself off to just focus on his mom and his irl job to support himself and his mom as well. If she died, there would be no reason to stay silent for so long.

I don't think he is scheming or scamming, because this would have been the stupidest way possible to scam people, since there is no Patreon milking, that we see a lot on this site. And yeah, as Jazer said. You should go into this with a mindset that the game can get cancelled anytime for any reason. That's why I don't support anyone now... well, and because I have mouths to feed, a house to take care of, and... you know how it goes.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
This isn't a "referendum" on the merits of Patreon and/or sponsorship. When something happens with a game or developer, let's keep the conversation limited to the game.
When you start discussing patreon, that has nothing to do with this game so those posts discussing patreon will be deleted since that is off topic.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
ah - ok - i see:
if people complain about creators and whine about they "lost" their donations they made -> its ok
but if you show them, they have no reason and rights to complain about, and if you defend a dev by showing up facts without insulting any special person, your post will be deleted as "off-topic".

SNIP

BUT: your forum - your rules (even i dont understand your censorship - you may just "close" a thread, or post a hint to stop. There is no reson to delete posts just from one site while leaving the opposite site ones)
It's not that. The replies of several members were deleted since all they discussed were how patreon works. Ask yourself.. is discussing how patreon works relevant to the game thread? No. It's a matter for an off topic thread. When defending or detracting a game or a developer, keep in mind rule 2a which warns against going off topic. Be specific to the developer and game. Talking in general terms about Patreon is considered off topic which is what the posts I deleted were discussing.

All you have to do to defend Pandelo is to simply say "We've extensively debated Patreon on another thread and this isn't that thread. Pandelo paused donations after trying to help a family member and realizing he needed to pause the game development, etc. I think this was a fair action because..."

Again, trying to tell people how Patreon actually works as a monthly or per release source of income is considered off topic.

Reactions: WICKEDp4th

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
It's not that. The replies of several members were deleted since all they discussed were how patreon works. Ask yourself.. is discussing how patreon works relevant to the game thread? No. It's a matter for an off topic thread. When defending or detracting a game or a developer, keep in mind rule 2a which warns against going off topic. Be specific to the developer and game. Talking in general terms about Patreon is considered off topic which is what the posts I deleted were discussing.

All you have to do to defend Pandelo is to simply say "We've extensively debated Patreon on another thread and this isn't that thread. Pandelo paused donations after trying to help a family member and realizing he needed to pause the game development, etc. I think this was a fair action because..."

Again, trying to tell people how Patreon actually works as a monthly or per release source of income is considered off topic.
i have seen that and while you wrote this post i deleted mine by myself (y)

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
To all who wonder.. with my "mod hat" off, I can see it being a crazy couple months for Pandelo with him recently realizing that "oh shit.. I can't juggle all this at once." Then he'd have to swallow his pride and say "I am putting this on hold and taking care of business for a couple months." Am I saying that that is what happened? No. I'm saying this is quite possible.
With that in mind, I am neutral to this. I wish Pandelo the best and hope he has some support thru this time if that is the case. And hopefully he can return to this and keep up the quality. Then again, if the worst comes to pass and he can't do this, I still wish him the best path forward.
My outlook is rainy with a chance of sperm. It's raining right now since the game's no longer in development. I just hope Pandelo is telling the truth and does return. If that happens, it will trigger the mass release of sperm all over the world.

And I hope that one day we see the MC gain his harem.. or not. Depending on what you pervs chose. Why not choose both?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
To all who wonder.. with my "mod hat" off, I can see it being a crazy couple months for Pandelo with him recently realizing that "oh shit.. I can't juggle all this at once." Then he'd have to swallow his pride and say "I am putting this on hold and taking care of business for a couple months." Am I saying that that is what happened? No. I'm saying this is quite possible.
With that in mind, I am neutral to this. I wish Pandelo the best and hope he has some support thru this time if that is the case. And hopefully he can return to this and keep up the quality. Then again, if the worst comes to pass and he can't do this, I still wish him the best path forward.
My outlook is rainy with a chance of sperm. It's raining right now since the game's no longer in development. I just hope Pandelo is telling the truth and does return. If that happens, it will trigger the mass release of sperm all over the world.

And I hope that one day we see the MC gain his harem.. or not. Depending on what you pervs chose. Why not choose both?
Are you saying I should invest in umbrellas? :)

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Are you saying I should invest in umbrellas? :)
In your opinion, what are chances you'd put into needing to invest in umbrellas?
Up here, it's dry most of the year so we use umbrellas to shade us from the sunlight when needed. Are we needing cover from the rain or protection from the sunlight?

I know that all I'm looking forward to is another chance to put suntan lotion on both those ladies. You know what happens with suntan lotion and those ladies.... O.O
(Not to mention using umbrellas to shield the other lady from seeing what you're doing to the other)

Reactions: PugWug

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
It does suck about this game and Coceter Chronicles but sometimes bad things happen in life and all we can do is hope for the best and move on, stop crying about it folks and just hope someday they come back and finish the game.

MrT37

Nov 26, 2017
Damn....gutted to see the game's abandoned/on hold but under the circumstances Pandelo has his priorities straight. Irrelevant if this never gets finished, just hoping his Mum is on the path to recovery. I went through a similar situation a few years back and it's like a fucked up rollercoaster that you can't get off for weeks/months/maybe years, you feel powerless and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

4.60 star(s) 84 Votes